Any new vehicles in the works?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Threetoughtrucks
Officer - Brigadier General

Any new vehicles in the works?

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:49 am

Anybody know anything about any new vehicles near releasing or just in the works?

Any tank, truck, artillery? Anything?????

I would expect something new to be shown at the '06 Spring NYC Toy Fair, 21C always puts in a big time showing, I have no hints but it would be nice to have one or two new ground vehicles. :roll:

Christmas buying seasom is over and we have nothing new, can we look forward to the Spring?

How about BBI, anybody have any hint? After their Sherman with all the extra do dads, another vehicle like the Sherman would really be nice. :shock:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:24 am

keep the faith..
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:41 am

We ask Jason and Mike and Tko this every day my friend....
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:55 am

Sorry guys, I didn't see the "sticky" from TKO.

Great idea from TKO to at least give us reliable hints.

TTT

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:56 pm

I have been feeling a little dry myself, so I am splurging and going for some Frontline German artillery, see the link. Sometimes we just have to pamper ourselves...

TJ

http://www.michtoy.com/MTSCnewSite/newm ... gia02.html

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:58 pm

Sometimes being uninformed turns out to be big surprises. That's what I'm hoping for.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:44 pm

TJ:

When I feel I need something new or special, I let my fingers do the walking. :)

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos? ... ity=uMstRI

Nothing like a new toy, if it can't be 1/18, 1/6 will do. :D :D

TTT

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:57 am

21st has a couple things lined up from what I have been told. I know that doesn't provide details but that is what I know for now.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:00 am

Thank you for giving us hope, tko211!

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:23 pm

A couple things lined up is good news! It's better than saying NOTHING AT ALL!!!

wolfgang
Private First Class
Private First Class

More Panzers bitte! Amerikaner und Deutsch

Post by wolfgang » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:17 pm

Ja I would like to see in 1/18th scale a M-18 Hellcat, M5 Stuart, M24 Chaffee, M10 tank destroyer, M7 Priest, & M8 Armoured car for the Amerikaners, und fur die deutschen Stug3, Wespe, Jagdpanther, Hetzer, SDKFZ 222, SDKFZ 232 Puma und ein Opel Blitz. It is all a beautiful dream but very possible Ja! I would also like to see other countries troops and vehicles such as Russisch und Englisch usw..........TschuB Kameraden

Der sieg ist unser Herr Oberst!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:54 pm

This may have been said before in some earlier thread, but it would seem that 21c could engineer several pieces of armor based upon the Panzer IV chasis. This seeming could be done quite easily without developing extensive new prototypes and molds...

Using the new 32x Panzer IV, Stug IV, and Brumbar (as well as the earlier Wirblewind and Mobelwagon Flakpanzers) as reference, 21c would only have to engineer a new turret for the Flakpanzers, or re-engineer the gun on the existing turret for the Panzer IV D, and attach it to the current XD Panzer IV body. 21c could also create a new upper hull piece for the Brumbar and the Stug, then fit the new section to the existing Panzer IV chasis piece with the tracks.

While some inaccuracies may result, the finished products would stand the chance of looking pretty darn good. 21c would have just pumped 3-5 new vehicles without the cost and effort of having to develop something entirely new 8)

digger

well

Post by digger » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:23 am

This may have been said before in some earlier thread, but it would seem that 21c could engineer several pieces of armor based upon the Panzer IV chasis. This seeming could be done quite easily without developing extensive new prototypes and molds...
It has been discussed. It is no coincidence that the Panzer IV chassis could be used a number of ways without much revision - that's part of war-time engineering! But you mention slight innaccuracies that would result - The Panzer IV didn't sell that well because of no side skirts - imagine what real mistakes could do to sales...especially on a less common vehicle like a Flakpanzer IV. :? I'd love to see it and I'm sure some of us would say "I'd buy 5" but I doubt it's happening. 1:18 armor just doesn't really sell, that's why nobody makes it. :(

However, we have been begging for an M16 halftrack for some time and for the same reason. They've got the awesome halftrack, just alter it accordingly as the US did during the war :D Same could be done with the Hanomag - I hope they take the plunge some day :P

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:23 pm

yeah i really would like to see one of the aaa halftracks too. Maybe it will come one day.
Aaron

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:43 pm

Yeah, the 1/18 Panzer IV is a J or a very late H, so they have to do extensive mods to backdate that beauty. A simple gun mod wouldn't work.

I like to expect a quality in detail in 1/18 armor, as much as in 1/18 planes.

If 21st mix and match a P-51D with a P-51B and call it a P-51B, you guys would be all up in arms. So let's not give 21st any bad ideas (Ugh, the 1/18 Tiger comes to mind....who approved THAT design?!)

I think Panzer IV sales (S1) is kinda on the rise right now. many of us were waiting for an S2 with sideskirt, but was sooo disappointed with the Euro Panzer. Quality has turned for the worse.

Gunner
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Gunner » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:18 pm

I wish they would do an ACAV mod for the M113.;

Of course, I also wish they would do an M-113 WITHOUT the stupid bags and everything else on it...