diorama question

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Aviatornut.com
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

diorama question

Post by Aviatornut.com » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:51 pm

does anyone know where to find PSP (pierced steel planking) in 1/18 scale? I am building a Corsair diorama and I need this to make it work.

Magilla1973
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Magilla1973 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:32 am

LaughingGravy found some GREAT metal somethingorothers at the metal scrap store. Ill have to get down there and get some pictures. The other idea was to cut some pegboard into strips and paint.

Aviatornut.com
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Aviatornut.com » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:58 pm

let me know what you come up with. I will look into the the peg board and see it will work. (good idea)

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:38 pm

I always thought this would be an excellent add-on product for some small manufacturer. I tried aluminum mesh from the hardware store (used for adding strength to concrete), the scale is accurate but the holes are triangular, too close together, and it doesn't have the same look.

laughinggravy2
Corporal
Corporal

Post by laughinggravy2 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:43 pm

WE, Magilla and I, plan to use steel expansion screen. It's very similar to what Flayrah describes, but with slightly larger holes.

Granted, it's not proper Marston Matting/PSP, but it weathers beautifully and when shot at an angle looks pretty good. Very affordable, and a suitably sized and believable airfield can be created.

Sometimes, the most underused tool in the drawer is the imagination.