WC51 chassis photos?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
B17Fortress
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

WC51 chassis photos?

Post by B17Fortress » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:40 pm

I was at my hobby shop today when I saw a familiar green box peeking out from behind a heap of the discount bin, and inside was a 1:18 WC51 for $9 :P . The catch: everything besides the main body was broken, looking as if it had been run over by a real tank.

From what I can tell, all the parts are present and just need to be glued back together. I can manage the topside parts, but my lack of interest in cars has me clueless about what the chassis/ gear shaft should look like :? . If someone could please provide photos of what the underside is supposed to look like, I would greatly appreciated it!

Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: WC51 chassis photos?

Post by Razor17019 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:47 pm

I once traded a WC51 to Toyktdlgh that I had found in Walmart in pieces in the box. Toyktdlgh was able to glue that WC51 back together in once piece. Contact him - he' can help you!
Razor
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Jesse James

Re: WC51 chassis photos?

Post by Jesse James » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:18 pm

I've been getting my stuff down to put up a new shelving track system for this stuff and I can say without a doubt the crappiest thing 21st made in the land-vehicle realm (WW2 anyway), is the WC-51. Its plastic was fragile (poor quality) in the first place... But my oh my, it's breaking down VERY rapidly. It almost seems like it's graphite rather than plastic, haha. It doesn't glue well either... I'm guessing whatever factory these came out of used some of the worst plastic available. It really is "fragile", which is an insult to the durability of most things with the label fragile on them.

It's fixable, and can be sturdied up a bit (and it can be glued but doesn't do so well is all), but it's disappointing how delicate it is compared to the Command Car and whatnot.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!