1/6 BBI Elite Force F-15C Cockpit: How much is it worth???

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

1/6 BBI Elite Force F-15C Cockpit: How much is it worth???

Post by granch » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:19 pm

Saw it for 430$ on the swiss eBay market. A lot of money but the low (14$) shipping costs as I'm in Switzerland. If I buy it, that means getting a lot of other stuff beeing delayed for a long time.
During years, I've only seen 1 on eBay.com. So, my question: what price would you pay for this item? Or how much would you sell yours? And if you have one, what are the + and - of the model?
Thank you for your answers,
Chris

snake
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: 1/6 BBI Elite Force F-15C Cockpit: How much is it worth?

Post by snake » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:12 pm

Granch,

I wish I had picked one up a few years ago, when they were still somewhat available.

Stop following them a while back, when they were going for good money, and more than I was willing to pay.

I don't have one, but from what I gathered, quality seems good, and has good detail. A quality, and unique product.

Think the price of these will only rise over time, and kind of up to you when you want to pull the trigger.

Not much help, I know, but if you think it is a decent deal, go for it. :wink:

A-10LOADER
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by A-10LOADER » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:24 am

Correct snake. Basically it comes down to how bad do you want one and how much are you willing to pay for it ??
At that price of $430.00 if your thinking about buying it to sell later well, I don't think you'll have much luck.

Steve
OPERATION "DELIBERATE GUARD", "SOUTHERN WATCH", "ENDURING FREEDOM" AND, "IRAQI FREEDOM" VETERAN.

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:43 am

Chris,
These originally sold for $125-150 back in the early 2000's.

At $430, that's not a bad deal but a bit on the high side. Most of these I've seen going for $400-500+ NIB as they are getting extremely rare and collectors are not parting ways with them.

Is it NIB or loose?

The 1/6 pilot/aviation scene is getting scare with Kings Toys' RAF pilot the only new release in years. To put the whole thing into perspective, I was lucky enough to get a Hot Toys F-4 Phantom pilot eight months ago at its original cost ($125) because it had sat in my local comic shop for several years. That very figure commands a crazy price now on Ebay.

The Bbi cockpit is a real thing of beauty, and like Snake said, it's a quality piece. I'm still kicking myself for not picking one up years ago. But my 1/6 Pilot Collection/project is pretty complete at this point.

EDIT: Just took a look at the completed ebay listings. Wow, the cockpits are much cheaper than they were a year ago. Something weird is going on with 1/6 as I'm looking at completed ebay listing HT F-4 Phantom pilots going from $220 auctions and all the way up to BIN at $400. Timing I guess... :?

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:54 pm

Thank you guys for your thoughts. Still don't know if I'm going on with this thing...
Chris

Berkut
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Berkut » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:10 pm

Awesome set!