Finally.. cobra helo

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
sax5thave
Corporal
Corporal

Finally.. cobra helo

Post by sax5thave » Fri May 10, 2013 5:17 am

After more than 5 years of bidding. I finally won this helo. I did notice though that the skids are way too low and gets in the way of the rocket pod's field of fire.
TRADE REFERENCES: tmanthegreat, Grilledcheese, Tkjaer21, Delta Team, Blacksnakes, flayrah. fast mover, evilanimation, YT, Jnewboy

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Finally.. cobra helo

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri May 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Cool 8) Glad you were finally able to get one of these! Which version did you come by? The "Snake" version or the "Cammo" version? I know its not entirely perfect, but its one heck of a model.

Despite having been released in 2004, I think its one of the best 1:18 helicopters out there and certainly one of 21c's overall better aircraft efforts. For as realistic, detailed, and functional as the AH-1W model is, its hard to believe it came out at the same time as the 21c P-40, P-47s, and FW-190D9 (among others) - all of which are really less-quality models. Until we got the BBI Kiowa, it was the only 1:18 aircraft with opening engines. The older BBI helicopter crew figures (the ones with OD fatigues and early-style articulation) fit in the cockpit the best and look the most accurate. The newer helicopter pilot based on the "Chopper Harris" figure has a tighter fit, but can still work...

Its hard to believe that 9 years ago, the 21c Supercobras sold at Wal Mart for $40 (if you could find them) and at small retailers for around $50. I got the "Snake" version back in 2004 for the Wal Mart price - and should have gotten the cammo version when my local hobby store was stocked with them for $50 - but waited until 2010 to get one and paid a more than I would have liked. According to retailers, the AH-1Ws actually sold poorly... But I'm glad to have both. :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Fri May 10, 2013 9:17 pm

That's good to hear, I'd like to get my hands on the "Snake" but it's hard to find one at the (right) price, so far I've only had an "air America" UH-1 but sold it some time back to a guy on fighting118th, he actually turned it into an AMAZING custom..
A helicopter does not want to fly, it just vibrates so much that the ground rejects it

sax5thave
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sax5thave » Sat May 11, 2013 12:30 am

I got the snake version. Now I'm thinking of trying to get my luck on another one for a ZULU conversion. i like this one a lot if only for the challenge of owning one here in my part of the world. Next is a bubble top p47.
TRADE REFERENCES: tmanthegreat, Grilledcheese, Tkjaer21, Delta Team, Blacksnakes, flayrah. fast mover, evilanimation, YT, Jnewboy