Hedgerow Help Urgent!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
AJWW2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Hedgerow Help Urgent!

Post by AJWW2 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:47 pm

I have two weeks from today to finish my Normandy Diorama for a History Fair that I am scheduled for. It has gone smoothly so far and all I have left is the field grass, hedgerows, and other slight tough-ups. I ordered two packs of Woodland Scenics Fine-leaf foliage and I really love how they look as hedges, but two packs (which together totaled around $25) only covered about a foot of hedge. I have 6-7 feet left to cover. I am 13 and don't have a whole lot of money so I'm on a tight budget. I need to find CHEAP hedge material or learn how to make realistic, thick, bushy, hedges quickly and in medium to large quantities myself.

Please Help, I have two weeks!

AJ
it be like dat

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Hedgerow Help Urgent!

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:53 pm

AJWW2 wrote:I have two weeks from today to finish my Normandy Diorama for a History Fair that I am scheduled for. It has gone smoothly so far and all I have left is the field grass, hedgerows, and other slight tough-ups. I ordered two packs of Woodland Scenics Fine-leaf foliage and I really love how they look as hedges, but two packs (which together totaled around $25) only covered about a foot of hedge. I have 6-7 feet left to cover. I am 13 and don't have a whole lot of money so I'm on a tight budget. I need to find CHEAP hedge material or learn how to make realistic, thick, bushy, hedges quickly and in medium to large quantities myself.

Please Help, I have two weeks!

AJ

I am not sure what you have now and how it looks.

But hedgerows were mounds of earth covered with vegetation or very thick vegetation that has grown in place well over a hundred years to separate land parcels.

A lot of the time there were just brier patches with small trees and saplings grown as a fence to separate the land parcels. But very dense.

You could go down to your local woods and gather up small branches and leaves and bundle them up with string to form the hedge. This would be free.

Or if your mom had an old Christmas tree use the burrows/ branches.

If you go to the woods watch out for poison ivy. LEAVES OF THREE LET IT BE. :wink:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Jesse James

Re: Hedgerow Help Urgent!

Post by Jesse James » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:02 pm

I got this roll of "moss" stuff at Michaels... It's just a roll of weird mossy stuff that is flexible/poseable. About maybe 4" wide at most, and works well for various vegetation looking things.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!