Does anyone on here do custom orders for figures?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
812boys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Does anyone on here do custom orders for figures?

Post by 812boys » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:30 pm

Hey everybody I had an Idea and I know I am not skilled enough to do it. But I was wondering if anyone here could do custom figures of my dad and brother if I sent in a picture. I have plenty of Figures and parts for the WW2 and Vietnam ones I am wanting to have done but will have to try finding some modern ones for my brother. If it can be done I would pay a nice sum to get them. The reason being is it is now going on the 10th year and 5th year that I lost them. I have always wanted to try at customizing figures to look like them to put on their graves and to have a set to keep at home. So I would like to order at least six if it could be done two in their ww2 gear "we all reenacted as the 4th I.D." Two of dad in his Marine uniform, and two of Ronnie when he was in Iraq" He was with the 4th I.D. as a saw gunner while he was there". Hopefully it can be done I know my work looks like a 2 year old did it. Thanks Guys, Nathan
God bless our soldiers and vets that have served. "All Gave Some...Some Gave All"
In memory of my brother and father
E4 Ronald "Ronnie" Dean Allen Jr. KIA Balad Iraq, 8-25-2003
Lt. Derek "Pappy" Harrison 1-25-2008
May God Watch over all of us

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Re: Does anyone on here do custom orders for figures?

Post by flayrah » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:49 pm

Modifying existing figures into custom representations shouldn't be hard if you have the figure parts and pieces either in hand, or have identified and can find the figures, pieces and parts that will work. The most difficult match will be trying to identify and locate heads that are close enough to what you need. There can be small changes made to existing heads, but making a custom head is a very difficult process requiring sculpting, casting, finishing etc. If all the pieces are already in some form by a manufacturer - bbi, 21st, Hasbro, etc - cutting, re-sculpting, finishing, so on should be able at a reasonable price but actual new figures, or figure parts, are a much more involved and expensive process. This is 1/18 correct?

812boys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by 812boys » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:47 am

Yes its for 1/18 as long as they were close it would be fine. The real problem I have would be the painting to get them to match. Most of the figures for the modern figs I have saw are all the new digital pattern when I need the older pattern that the army was using when we first went in. For the one of my dad he was in the Marines in the mid to late 70's and early 80's. I just want to try making something special for them to remember by. And to surprise my mom with. We were all really into model's and history. I just can't hold my hands still enough to paint to any detail. I have a lot of nerve damage in my spine and right hand from breaking them to much. I actually had one of my nerves burnt out in my spine to help it out a bit. I understand if it would be to much. I really just want something that looks close. Thanks for the info.
God bless our soldiers and vets that have served. "All Gave Some...Some Gave All"

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:24 am

Plasticboy is the guy you want, he has'nt been around lately, but I would guarantee if anyone could do what you want its him.

He has made some amazing figures and weapons, he also does some of the best modeling ever seen, search on the site, I'm sure you'll find him.

812boys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by 812boys » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:05 am

Okay will do thanks ram! :D

Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Razor17019 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:16 am

I have never used this place, but they specialize in making custom figure heads from pictures.
http://www.thatsmyface.com/vmchk/Custom ... y.tpl.html
It's expensive, but from the pictures it's an exact copy.

Not to slight Plasticboy's fantastic talent. You can still check with him too.
:D
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:49 pm

I was just gonna suggest thatsmyface.com too :)
"Leave the Artillerymen alone...they are an obstinate lot" -Napoleon

812boys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by 812boys » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:09 pm

Thanks guys that's perfect just what I was looking for. Thanks for the help. Nathan