Actual pictures of F-16 "Enduring Freedom"

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
snake
Officer - Brigadier General

Actual pictures of F-16 "Enduring Freedom"

Post by snake » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:45 pm

Was on a site that has very detailed info, and pictures of F-16's, and found some info and pics of the real plane that BBI used for its second F-16 release.

The aircraft. Airframe #91-0401. 389TFS "Thunderbolts", based out of Mountain Home, Idaho. { MO }. Flew out of Al Udeid airbase, Qatar, during Operation" Enduring Freedom". Weapons loadout is different, but didn't expect BBI to do anything other than what Wolfpack had.

And a picture of the Fireman/ Soldier mural on the fuselage. Looks like BBI pretty much nailed this. 8)

zodiacflash
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Actual pictures of F-16 "Enduring Freedom"

Post by zodiacflash » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:14 pm

I never knew the story of BBI's OEF F-16. I figured the artwork was probably on an actual plane, or at least taken from a wall or something, but maybe it wasn't. Like I said, I didn't know. But seeing these pictures now... So awesome... What a great tribute.
"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing."
-Theodore Roosevelt

456THBG
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by 456THBG » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:08 am

Great find, Snake....Thanks!

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:57 am

I think I might get one now. :D :D
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

Island Raider
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Island Raider » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:05 pm

I've said this before and I'll repeat it again here, these companies should be including the history of these planes and their pilots in the boxes. Nothing fancy, just a sheet of paper, or even a half sheet to save $$, and give a brief description of the pilot, paint scheme and significance of the plane. It shouldn't be a bank breaker and it adds some history and personality to the planes other than the fact they look pretty.

Mike

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:10 pm

Island Raider wrote:I've said this before and I'll repeat it again here, these companies should be including the history of these planes and their pilots in the boxes.
21st Century Toys actually used to do that. They always included a general description of the history/development of the aircraft type on the box and then for the Special Edition planes, detailed the history of the pilot and unit.

BBI has not traditionally done that, though their past couple new repaints (F-16 and Bf-109) did have some history on the box. BBI, to their credit, has generally been pretty accurate with the schemes they've chosen for their planes, even the airshow ones, with only a couple exceptions like the S1 P-51.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:50 am

Island Raider wrote:I've said this before and I'll repeat it again here, these companies should be including the history of these planes and their pilots in the boxes. Nothing fancy, just a sheet of paper, or even a half sheet to save $$, and give a brief description of the pilot, paint scheme and significance of the plane. It shouldn't be a bank breaker and it adds some history and personality to the planes other than the fact they look pretty.

Mike
Word! I do appreciate the historical facts that JSI included on their tanks. The sheet of paper would be fine.

-M