AllGo is all go!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: AllGo is all go!

Post by Dauntless » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:43 am

You can quit holding your breath...AllGo is all go.

Their first offerings, both "Shangri La" and "Red 19" are in stock at some e-tailers like Badcat, and ready to ship.

I'm curious what the package box artwork looks like.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

lancelot
Corporal
Corporal

Post by lancelot » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:55 am

cool, I hope it's the boost that company needs because I'm sick of them existing and not doing much.

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:55 am

I'm sure they would get a boost if something new came out! Like the Jagdpanther... :<
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

Norsican
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Norsican » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:00 am

DropTank wrote:
Dauntless wrote: I'll buy everything they want to release that's a new paint scheme.
Bingo !!!!!!! Most collectors in a hobby prefer a variety instead of buying the same product over-n-over. It makes as much sense to me as going to see the same crappy movie 2,3,4 times, just to support the theater.
I understand the desire for new planes and tanks. However, if Algo doesn't sell these introductory pieces, there will never be any new toolings from this source in any scale. The community needs to get behind Algo now, rather than stomping their feet and locking-up. The 16 yo who refuses to drive the old Nova while demanding a new BMW usually ends up walking a lot of miles.

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Airacobra » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:51 am

You must also understand a company that releases items consumers are not interested in purchasing will not last long. I'm not saying this is 100% the case in regards to All-Go's repaints, I just want to point out the other side of the debate.
"What a magnificent aeroplane! They could have all their Spitfires and Mustangs!"
Roland "Bee" Beamont, Tempest Wing Commander

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:11 am

New collectors enter the hobby everyday so personally I think AG's decision to re-release two popular 32xw planes will prove a sound decision. Shangri-la was what, a TRU exclusive that sold out fairly quick, at least in my AO.

I understand some forum member's disgust with the plan, but the more collector's we get in the hobby the more all companies will continue to produce.

I can't agree that consumers will not be interested in buying repaints, that's more of a statement relating to what forum members will and won't buy. Forums, as has been pointed out many times, are but a small part of the consumer base. Forums keep no company alive, what they do accomplish though is chasing away any reps that join the forums. :lol:

Anxious to see what armor offerings they'll have.
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:26 am

im not sure on the FW190 but the Shangri la is one of the most requested planes from 21C along with the double nothin. when released we were able to get our hands on 4 cases (24 Planes) of the shangri la and we sold out in less than a week. i think this plane will sell out fast. i wouldnt mind seeing the double nothin again considering we received only 6 of the 12 cases ordered when released and again it soldout in less than a week. this plane also had a short run do to defects. im happy to see anything at this point and time will tell. but i can agree with above comments that they need new stuff aswell
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

gburch
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gburch » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:34 am

I want to (1) support AllGo (even though I'm not into 1/32) and (2) support etailers active on this board. Who's selling who also reads and posts here regularly?

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:56 pm

....They're here.

I'll bet a 1:18 "Shangri La" and "Red 19" would sell quickly no? If wishes were airplanes that is.

snake

Post by snake » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:19 pm

Great to see AllGo has finally produced something. :D

I do hope that these first two releases do well for them, and they produce some "new" models.

Personally, I would have preferred something other than these two repaints which I already have, but these are popular schemes, and I can see why they went this route.

Good to see some forum members get doubles of Shangri La, and Red 19, just to support AllGo.

I wonder what the production runs on these are. 5,000 like the original releases?

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:33 pm

I preordered the shangri-la from someone in the forum but don't remember who. Can you PM me?

Thanks

lancelot
Corporal
Corporal

Post by lancelot » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:45 pm

When they are finally able to make things in a scale I collect in I'll dig it. In the mean time I hope the small scale collectors get their fill.

snake

Post by snake » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:07 pm

lancelot wrote:When they are finally able to make things in a scale I collect in I'll dig it. In the mean time I hope the small scale collectors get their fill.

Don't know if I would call 1/32 "small scale". :lol:

But I get your intent. :wink:

lancelot
Corporal
Corporal

Post by lancelot » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:59 pm

snake wrote:
lancelot wrote:When they are finally able to make things in a scale I collect in I'll dig it. In the mean time I hope the small scale collectors get their fill.

Don't know if I would call 1/32 "small scale". :lol:

But I get your intent. :wink:
I wouldn't really call it a BIG scale either :roll:

but I can see someone calling it a medium scale, assuming of course were not allowing the 1/6 scale to be involved with the discussion. :)

Can't wait to see if All-Go is going to have any 1/18 scale figures or vehicles anytime soon.

gburch
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gburch » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:26 pm

American Grenadier: check PM for reply.

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:38 pm

I'd call it big. Once you have a half-dozen planes and another half-dozen tanks, they start to occupy a similar amount of real-estate as multiple 0-Scale toy train sets <-- emphasis on plural.

That said, semantics and we all can agree that it will be nice to see people have a shot at these.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:33 pm

look at the size of a typical radial or in line engine on a 1:32 fighter, then multiply that by two, or multiply that by four. I call that big, and 1:32 is the biggest size you're going to realistically get a B-25 or B-17 or any other multi-engine bomber.

I'm still waiting for that Flying Fortress, but at least there are twin engine bombers already made (JU-88) or in the pipe (HE-111 this fall) as far as models are concerned, and we have a far better chance of seeing something big in that scale than in the "big" scale of 1:18 in pre-painted plastic.

I've got big plans to make a big diorama in the skies of my ceiling, with some small scale planes attacking a big formation of some big small scale planes.

Like to see anyone do that in 1:18.
Big is all a matter of perspective and what is conceivably possible in the grand scale of things imo.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:04 am

i see that badcat is soliciting support for Allgo's 1/32 plane repaints, which are shipping now.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:59 pm

* I just ordered the 1:32 "Shangri La" from Small-Joes.com :!: :!: :!: :D 8)

- MG :p51:
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

snake

Post by snake » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:57 pm

aferguson wrote:i see that badcat is soliciting support for Allgo's 1/32 plane repaints, which are shipping now.

Saw that same email.

It is good to see them trying to drum up as much support possible for these "new releases" from Allgo. Even going so far as to ask people who already have these models to purchase seconds.

While I agree with their point that these releases need to do well, so that we will see something else from Allgo, I am not going to order releases that I already have. I know a few members here are going to, but I am not. I know TKO is involved with AllGo, and I would think that he would be passing on this input to AllGo.

Give me a different release of the P-51, and FW 190, and I will purchase.

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:27 pm

* I didn't get the 1st. "Shangra La" release , so AllGo's a welcome edition and I chose Small-Joes.com , as well as support , so lets give AllGo a chance first , before everybody's craving all (new) releases.

- MG :p51:
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

gburch
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gburch » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:13 am

I don't have any 1/32, but I've ordered one of each of these. I want to support AllGo as much as I can. And who knows ... maybe I'll get into 1/32. Heck ... maybe I'll print up a 1/32 bird or something :lol:

DropTank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by DropTank » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:16 am

Norsican wrote:
I understand the desire for new planes and tanks. However, if Algo doesn't sell these introductory pieces, there will never be any new toolings from this source in any scale. The community needs to get behind Algo now, rather than stomping their feet and locking-up. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Glad to hear you are going to be purchasing many many many of these releases to support Algo. Thats what I did for about 10 years , starting in about 2000 with the initial Motorworks releases. Then over the years between 21st, BBI and Admiral amassed way more than most men's wife would tolerate. She would provide the argument as well as hundreds of boxes as proof, as would I, that we have been behind them the whole time. Glad to hear you are coming onboard to carry the torch while I sit this one out and wait for new schemes.
FLY NAVY

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:24 am

Heck, donate money to allgo! Lets ask for a bailout for them to get them started on my JAGDPANTHER!

Oh, did I mention I want a jagdpanther? :lol:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

Norsican
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Norsican » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:43 am

DropTank wrote:
Norsican wrote:
I understand the desire for new planes and tanks. However, if Algo doesn't sell these introductory pieces, there will never be any new toolings from this source in any scale. The community needs to get behind Algo now, rather than stomping their feet and locking-up. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Glad to hear you are going to be purchasing many many many of these releases to support Algo. Thats what I did for about 10 years , starting in about 2000 with the initial Motorworks releases. Then over the years between 21st, BBI and Admiral amassed way more than most men's wife would tolerate. She would provide the argument as well as hundreds of boxes as proof, as would I, that we have been behind them the whole time. Glad to hear you are coming onboard to carry the torch while I sit this one out and wait for new schemes.
Or don't support Algo and try your damndest to convince others to do likewise. Those tactics always work. Blah, blah, blah.