suggestion: extra BBI pilots

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
dragon53
Officer - Brigadier General

suggestion: extra BBI pilots

Post by dragon53 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:33 am

My suggestion to Merit International, if they still drop in on SSHQ, is for BBI to offer their 1/18 F/A-18 and F-16 pilots for sale with their other 1/18 military figures---in addition to the pilots that are standard with the F-16 and F/A-18. For example, BBI's "Chopper Harris" helicopter figure has been ideal for adding to BBI and 21st Century modern 1/18 helicopters. Also, didn't BBI offer their F6F Hellcat pilot for sale?
This would allow collectors of the JSI F-14 (and two-seat F-15) to buy pilots for their JSI models.
This has worked out well for JSI collectors of their World War II models who bought 21st Century pilots for the JSI models.

Black_Dragon_One

Re: suggestion: extra BBI pilots

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:22 am

dragon53 wrote:My suggestion to Merit International, if they still drop in on SSHQ, is for BBI to offer their 1/18 F/A-18 and F-16 pilots for sale with their other 1/18 military figures---in addition to the pilots that are standard with the F-16 and F/A-18. For example, BBI's "Chopper Harris" helicopter figure has been ideal for adding to BBI and 21st Century modern 1/18 helicopters. Also, didn't BBI offer their F6F Hellcat pilot for sale?
This would allow collectors of the JSI F-14 (and two-seat F-15) to buy pilots for their JSI models.
This has worked out well for JSI collectors of their World War II models who bought 21st Century pilots for the JSI models.

gi joe 3 3/4 scale are great for pilot i have snake eyes and one other female fig in my f14 now..
whats up doc....

NightVyper
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by NightVyper » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:49 am

i use joes too.
Altitude

Wild BIll

Lift ticket

Tomahawk

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:27 pm

But BBI should have a look at skyworktoys: their pilots seems to be excellent (though they can't walk to their aircraft; resin sitting in the cokpit...)

dcway
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dcway » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:03 pm

make them affordable !!!!! we all want pilots for our planes !!!!!! the cost of everyhing is killing everybody !!!! make it affoordable you'll sell more !!!! this hobbie is getting to be a rich man hobbie .... Dcway :blueangel:
:blueangel:
:blueangel: :blueangel:

vince_chua
Corporal
Corporal

Post by vince_chua » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:40 pm

My new pilot for the F-14

By vince_chua at 2011-02-28

sax5thave
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sax5thave » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:16 am

Will post my figures soon enough.
TRADE REFERENCES: tmanthegreat, Grilledcheese, Tkjaer21, Delta Team, Blacksnakes, flayrah. fast mover, evilanimation, YT, Jnewboy

Folkwulfe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Folkwulfe » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:32 pm

If memory serves me well....didn't BBI make a helicopter (Nightstalkers?) pilot as a single figure? I saw them for around $15 bucks somewhere lately and, with a little work and paint would maake great jet pilot figures.....? You might want to check http://www.SmallJoes.com because I think that's where I saw them.

Yupers...there he was...

Just add an oxygen mask and smooth out that helmet....VIOLA!
US Army MP Corps combat veteran Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm