Hooben

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Jnewboy
Officer - Brigadier General

Hooben

Post by Jnewboy » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:17 pm

Anyone with any updates on these tanks they talk about? the show a 1/16 Maus, a 1/16 elephant? And what of this 1/16 Jagdtiger that Moro is producing? Any leads or release times?

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: Hooben

Post by hotrodrock » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:12 pm

There is the one dealer in Australia which says the Jagdtiger is in stock and ready for shipment. Of course, shipment to the U.S. is $114. What seems unusual is that they are in stock and on sale there, yet there are no mention of them on any of the Mato or Mattoro sites. If they ever make it to U.S. sites, they should be about half of their asking price.

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:16 pm

I sure hope they are. I would think that America would be an ideal staring point not the AU. I will look into this further, can you post a link to this site. Maybe they will give me a price break if I buy in bulk, then maybe I can sell them on eBay or give them to my family as Christmas presents.

tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by tankduel » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:53 pm

Hi Jnewboy,
Awesome Hobbies http://www.awesomehobbies.com.au/ has the Jagdtiger, he's been selling them since August. They come in a KT box and haven't been generally released yet.
With the hooben tanks, best to wait until you see pics of customers' boxed kits for the forthcoming releases before ordering otherwise you and your money could be in for a long wait.
The T-55 is out now though.
Nev

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:18 pm

Thanks for that, looks like cheapest shipping is $78, Plus $225 for the tank lands it on my doorstep alittle over $300, Not bad.

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:48 pm

You can get some pretty weird things going on with some of the 1/16 items. I emailed Mattoro and asked why all of the tanks shown on their site were available for purchase except for the King Tiger. The answer I got was that a release date had not been established yet. Well duh, they have already been released but they all were gone very quickly. Must have been an extremely short production run since there is no shortage of any of their other tanks.

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:38 pm

Ive gattered a modest collection of 1/16 stuff, the moro KT and the Tamyia's Porch Turet version, The moros is wrong though, the bottom glasis plate has a big bulge in it to compensate for some internal RC part. I dont know if you have a 1/16 panther from henglong but its similar the bottom glasis plate is way off as far as the angle, compare pics of the front with pics of a 21st cen 1/18 panther and you will see it.

I like that T-55, not my cup of tea but it would look really good repainted as Republican Guard.