New product line to be announced by 21st Century

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

New product line to be announced by 21st Century

Post by JohnLumley » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:40 pm

AREA-21 Fans will be the first to learn of a brand new product line that will be launched in the next 6 weeks. Details and pictures of the first release of this new product line will be announced later tonight! Be sure to tune in!
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:43 pm

i'm guessing it will be a line of plush, huggable military vehicles?

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:46 pm

1/6 scale aircraft? Oh yea baby!
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

zonetoys
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by zonetoys » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:58 pm

My guess...........

Lets see, what Movie has come and gone?

Oooops!
:oops:
"A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge." -Oddball - "Kelly's Heros"

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by USCGSARdog » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:08 pm

A 1/18 scale C-5 Galaxy :shock: .

-Rob

toyktdlgh
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by toyktdlgh » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:18 pm

32x Bombers. Well, I can dream. :D

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:30 pm

Well its a new product line. So it not 32x or Xd or 1/6th. How about 1/4 scale electric Humv or willys jeep for my kid to ride on!!

zonetoys
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by zonetoys » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:30 pm

How about WWII Pacific Theater U.S. Navy stuff,
To go along with the Marines and Japanese!

Probably Japanese Armor, grass huts, 1:18 sand, palm trees, and Hula Girls!!! :D

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:39 pm

Weren't there thoughts of making a line of 1/18 planes of the larger variety that was going to be sold under a different catagory? This was to include Twin engine bombers and such? Not that I'm placing my bets on that. Its probably a new line of toys that 1/9th Abrams will fall under.

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:21 pm

Okay its announced the new line will be called the "Legends" series.
21st Century Toys Inc. proudly presents AVIATION LEGENDS, a new collector's high-grade line of 1:18 scale aircraft. Aviation Legends will have a even higher level of detail and accuracy. Making this series the most detailed, and most collectable 1:18 scale product line ever offered. Each aircraft of this line will feature a figure with the pilot's likeness, ground crew figures, and extra accessories.

The first will be Pappy Boyington's Aircraft. Thats too bad I bought this one from Badcat a while back so I'm probably going to pass.Plus I've get the new BBI one coming through as well.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:41 pm

wow.....didn't see this one coming. This could be interesting but most likely will all be repaints of existing aircraft.

Still....they may modify existing aircraft too. Rudel was an aviation legend. His most famous plane a Stuka G. :D

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:45 pm

Another new thing from 21st? Jesus! I cant take much more, lol. However that being said the Legends series looks like it will be cool as hell. I already have the Kepford Corsair so I'll have to pass on the Boyington release with the ground crew and accessories. I was never a Black Sheep fan in the first place. I think 21st should sell the ground crew figs and accessories seperate for those who may already have the planes. I just know they will re-release Ikes bird down the road.

I wonder if the new tool P-51 is part of this series?

:)
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

zonetoys
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by zonetoys » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:11 pm

Yeh, Bring on the individually carded ground crew!
And make sure there are plenty available!

Since I too already have this plane, I will also pass!

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:16 pm

Let me tell you, this is a line to get into for sure! I spoke with Roy the other day as AREA-21 was gathering intel on this new line. The next title is not a repaint. Many future titles that have been kicked around have never been produced before. The choice for Pappy's Corsair was very simple. Pappy is a Legend if there ever was one! and 21st wanted to put another Corsair into market as there is a very healthy group of new fans who don't have the 21st Corsair. You just can't have a Line called AVIATION LEGENDS and not think of Pappy as one of the top.

I also believe that the paint on the final production piece will far exceed the older main line release or anything on the market for that matter.

21st is serious about the idea of limited production, high-end detail and extra bonus diorama pieces/figures. I think this is going to be the talked about line of the future. My old Pappy Corsair is going to a new home very quickly to be replaced by this more serious bird!

As for the Next title?... I really don't want to be a tease but trust me it is very cool! So if you are going to collect them in the future and you arethe kind of person that is into getting the whole set you won't want to miss out on the first title.

My mind is running wild now with the potential of the new P-51 mold! The gun bays make great sense now with the potential for ground crew figures in a future Legends Release.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:45 pm

Chuck Yeager F-86.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:46 pm

that's my guess for the next Legends subject.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:50 pm

Okay, another plane series doesn't do much for me. But, the thought of ground crew, equipment, diorammas, etc - that's going to be real hard to pass up.

Hope this doesn't delay the Avenger :) :( ! Seriously, I was hoping this was info on the Platoon or Bridge Too Far figures. Maybe we'll get some info on those soon, too.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Hmmm...okay....

Post by holensock » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:18 pm

aferguson wrote:i'm guessing it will be a line of plush, huggable military vehicles?
I was hoping for the same thing! I'm happy for all of you who enjoy all the 'plane' releases, but I'd probably have been more excited if 21C were releasing MORE figures and MORE vehicles...

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:26 pm

First off I'm going to pass on the Boyington release as I said before. Yes Boyington is a legend but I'm no fan of Boyington or the Black Sheep and why? Well I have my reasons and I'll leave it at that.

As for 21st coming out with this new line? Its another blockbuster by 21st and I'm sure its going to be very successful. However I am done with repaints and re-releases thats why I passed on the BBI release of the Corsair and I bought the re-paint of the BBI Mustang because it happened to have the markings of a group I really am a fan of but other then that I'm done guys and I mean that. Will I buy the re-tooled Mustang? You bet, but only one mind you and thats it. The Avenger? I'll buy it but only one. Now should 21st make a Hellcat I buy it along with the Zero, but again one of each. I did alot of thinking guys and I have other priorities and things that need to be taken care of before I buy every re-paint in sight like I used to do. I wont do that anymore. I from now on I am relegating my self to buying 1/18th planes that havent been done before, the re-tooled Mustang being the only exception.

I really think that 21st should consider selling the figures and extra equipment seperate to those who may already have the planes they may offer in this series. Lets say the re-release my favorite Corsair Ike Kepford again with this series. Am I going to go out and buy it just because it has the ground crew and the extras? No I will not. I'm happy with what I have.

This is not a slam against 21st. I am happy that again they are doing what they are doing and I think the series will be a huge hit and if there is something in the series that I dont have I may buy it but its got to be something that I dont have. But 21st is setting the standard and raising the roof for 1/18th collectors once again and my hats off to them.

Theres only three things that I want from 21st, well actually four and thats the new tool Mustang, The Avenger, The Zero and damn it the Hellcat. The Hellcat is only a dream though but its good to dream!!

:mrgreen:

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:26 pm

I like the idea of the extras. It does make me wonder who and what will be next. Could it be Gunter Rall since they already did it and it would be easy? Or, will it be more adventurous? Plus, from Comicon there were photos of a Wittman Tiger. Does that mean they will expand their legends line? I love the fact that things are finally starting to take off and we are out of the duldrums for awhile.
Aaron

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:41 pm

Limited production line of aircraft. :shock:

Who would ever have thought of a limited production run of a "high end" colectors series. Wow. I am amazed at the idea. What is next, Legends of Armor with limited production runs of special tanks and Legends of Artillery and Legends of Trucking.......the mind boggles. :roll:

Oh, wait a minute, how long has Dragon and now DID made "limited" production runs of some 1/6 figures and now artillery (the new Neberwerfer). All sold out. Buy'em now, before they're gone. Manufacturers love "limited production runs". Money in the bank.

I'm sorry 21C, been there, done than.

You know I like the idea of Legends of Armor and, and 8)

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

75th Ranger
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

OH! NOOOOO!!! more planes!!!! Bahhh!

Post by 75th Ranger » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:29 pm

:evil:
WHY???????
there are plenty of planes already!
we do not even have 1/2 of the stuff out that it is supposed to come out and they are already talking about a new line of planes????
not in my book!

A legends figures would have been better...for example:
MCCathur, Rommel, Audie Murphy, Shuggart, Gordon, Roy Buenavides, and many other Medal of Honor recipients regardless of them being air legends.

I don't want more planes!

I want Platoon figures, S2 marines, Sahara, and all the promised stuff.

if not it will needt obe called "21st Aviation toys"....

my two cents.
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!"

HOOAH!

75th Ranger

http://community.webshots.com/user/diverman88
http://community.webshots.com/user/75thairborneranger
http://photobucket.com/albums/a360/75thRANGER/
http://community.webshots.com/user/alphascuba

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:42 pm

Oh boy some are angered at 21st already for the Legends Series. I'm staying out of this because it could get nasty but I'll have fun watching this thread thats for sure!

8)

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:26 pm

Sounds like it may get interesting. I would like an increased level of detail. Funny thing is I just ordered Pappy's Corsair from a place (Historic Avaition Museum?)I stumbled upon the other day. I ordered it because I noticed they were no longer available through BCA so I thought it might be my last opportunity other than Ebay. Oh well, it may be a while before we see this line. I wish 21st could get license to produce some of the Star Wars ships. One can dream can't they!
Todd

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Black Sheep Squadron

Post by DocTodd » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:32 pm

I did not know alot about Pappy except he was an ace and was shot down but I have been reading a book I picked up at a garage sale about the Black Sheep Squadron. It is actually authored by Pappy himself. It took a while to get into but now I am almost finished and have enjoyed it. If you have interest the title is "Baa Baa Black Sheep" by Gregory "Pappy" Boyington.
Todd