1/16 tanks

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Jesse James
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: 1/16 tanks

Post by Jesse James » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:44 pm

I'm not finding them for the $200-ish price unfortunately. :( On Ebay Hotrod?
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:55 pm

i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:12 am

Thanks Aferg. Wonder why that didn't pop up in my search?
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:33 am

because it's listed as kingtiger not king tiger

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:07 pm

ah good point.

I think that's a decent price for the vehicle's size... Little eh on the shipping but such is life anymore I suppose.

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:06 am

seems like the factory jagdtigers are gone again... anyone have any leads to get one?

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:58 pm

aferguson wrote:is it 1/16 or 1/15? Link says one thing, ebay link says the other. Big difference.
I asked them that on facebook about a week ago and tonight they wrote this.

"Originally we were advertising the tank as 120mm and 1/16th scale. Then the staff got into a discussion about 120mm actually being 1/15th scale. But most people (at least US modelers) equate 120mm with 1/16th. So we went back and forth for a week or so, but the kit is 1/16th. The difference between the 2 scales is not noticeable."

WTF?? 1/15 and 1/16 is the same?? :? :roll:

I wrote back:

"There is a big difference in size between the two scales. The real Hetzer is 20 ft 11 in long or 251 inches long. A 1/15 Hetzer would be 16.73 inches long while a 1/16 Hetzer would be only 15.68 inches long. So which is it? How long is your kit? thanks"

They replied on eBay regarding my question:

"The designed model length is 15.28". I posted the image on our facebook page. As you know, depending on what references you use the length can vary depending on the vehicle measured, points it was measured from, the length of rear fenders and even the people measuring it. From our reference materials we determined that the total length 130 ??*48=6240mm (real size). 6240/16=390mm (1/16 scale) or 15.35 inches. Our model length is 15.28. but this will vary a little because of the rear etched fenders and minimal shrinkage of the materials . We feel it is as close as we can make it to the actual 1/16th scale per our reference materials and materials limitations."

So there you go looks like the Hetzer is 1/16 after all :D

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:16 pm

I gather the Trumpeter 1/16 SU-100 is still in the works?

http://www.model-making.eu/Trumpeter-SU ... 47189.html

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:32 pm

aferguson wrote:I gather the Trumpeter 1/16 SU-100 is still in the works?

http://www.model-making.eu/Trumpeter-SU ... 47189.html
I hope so, do you think it will just be a kit or do you think it will be like the WSN radio control and prebuilt?

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:12 am

I just asked Stevens International about this kit and they replied that a release date hasn't been announced yet.

But that doesn't mean Trumpeter isn't working on it. Two years ago my email was answered "be patient" ... I guess by that reply they have been hounded about it.

Guess I won't get it for Christmas this year. :(

~ Jeff

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:18 pm

I need help guys!!

Im very conflicted whether I should get a Jagdtiger, I really want one but I would feel stupid if the price goes way down in the near future. Like that king tiger with the Porsche turret, I bought it for $169 plus $35 shipping a month or so ago and now see that you can get one on ebay for BIN price of $142 with free shipping and one that you can bid on is at $124 with free shipping!!!

Do you think that the Jagdtiger will become more widespread and cheaper or will it disappear into obscurity like moto's sturmtiger did?????

HELP!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:11 pm

i actually saw the porsche king tiger for $130 with free shipping this morning. Perhaps it's gone now.

Anyway, from what i know, heng feng is releasing the JT. Up til now it's been an Awesome Hobby exclusive but i presume when that deal expires, then there will be a more general release of it. I would imagine it will be cheaper, plus available from US based retailers and thus with lower shipping as well. That may all take a year though. And it's just my speculation.

If you plan to get more than one, why not buy one now and more later if they become cheaper. If you plan to just get one i would wait. I've learned over the years that patience is a virtue in this hobby, usually anyways.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-16-Remote-Con ... 3cbf161fbf

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:46 pm

aferguson wrote:i actually saw the porsche king tiger for $130 with free shipping this morning. Perhaps it's gone now.

Anyway, from what i know, heng feng is releasing the JT. Up til now it's been an Awesome Hobby exclusive but i presume when that deal expires, then there will be a more general release of it. I would imagine it will be cheaper, plus available from US based retailers and thus with lower shipping as well. That may all take a year though. And it's just my speculation.

If you plan to get more than one, why not buy one now and more later if they become cheaper. If you plan to just get one i would wait. I've learned over the years that patience is a virtue in this hobby, usually anyways.
If Heng feng does do you think it will be the same as the mato one? with the zimm up the back and lower front plate with that weird bump on the front?? or do you think they will be doing their own version?? (hopefully more correct)

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:55 pm

it's the same tank, heng feng is just a subsidiary or co-owned or something. It may have a different paint job; the pics i've seen of the heng feng had a much nicer paint scheme but that was probably a prototype.

I suspect it won't have ambush camo but will overall look much the same.

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:31 pm

I have bought a couple of tanks from mideatoys and so far have not found any dealer with better prices on the mato and subsidiary company tanks. The auction is still there and looks to have a good supply available.

From everything I have found out, heng feng, heng long, mattaro (and who knows what other companies) are all related companies. If you do a search, you will find different spellings; matoro, mattaro, torro, mattoro, etc. I haven't been able to pin down which is the parent company if any of them actual are the parent company, but all of the above companies seem to be owned by one company. Who knows, One Hung Low and Hong Kong Phooey may even be owned by them. :lol:

Star56
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Star56 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:16 am

Just picked up a king tiger with the Porsche turret for $129 free shipping. Too good a price to pass up! Thanks for the heads up guys.

29thLetsGoJoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by 29thLetsGoJoe » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:16 am

I picked up a Matorro King Tiger (Henschel Turret) over a year ago in 1/16 scale and finally after reading this thread got motivated enough to open the box and charge up the battery pack. It's only made one outdoor run. I'm now waiting for snow before I charge up the battery again. The paint scheme on mine isn't as bright (new) looking out of the box as one's I'm seeing now on the internet. Anyway, great thread, I'll post pics soon.

P.S. I paid $90 including shipping when I bought it.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:45 pm

I just got the KT... I couldn't resist.

StugIII, Jagdpanther, KV1, and Sherman are my next goals...

Is there a Mato/HengLong T-34? That'd be on my short list as well.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:58 pm

there's the WSN T-34. The quality of the model is better than Heng Long/Matorro. Can't speak for the electronics. Price is comparable to HL and Matorro.

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:22 pm

Was there a site that sold a IR kit for the 1/16 Panther??

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:07 pm

Thanks for posting that link for the Kingtiger from mideatoys - I just picked one up as well 8) It will be my first 1:6 R/C tank.

My local Hobbytown has had a nice little selection of Henglong RC tanks for a few months now and I've wanted to take the plunge... the Pershing or a Jagdpanther are cool (and are on the list to get next), but what I really wanted was a Kingtiger and that's just the one they didn't have. The mideatoys price is comparable and has free shipping, so I'm paying exactly the same as if I'd bought local :)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

wild weasel
Corporal
Corporal

Post by wild weasel » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:50 pm

what would you guys suggest for my first 1/16 tank(within like a $200 price range).

that T-55 is tempting, how's the quality?

Right now I'm thinking the WSN T-34/85, that T-55, or the Jagdtiger, which has the best detail? Paint job isn't a biggy, I have an airbrush so it's only up to my imagination for a paint scheme.

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:57 pm

wild weasel wrote:what would you guys suggest for my first 1/16 tank(within like a $200 price range).

that T-55 is tempting, how's the quality?

Right now I'm thinking the WSN T-34/85, that T-55, or the Jagdtiger, which has the best detail? Paint job isn't a biggy, I have an airbrush so it's only up to my imagination for a paint scheme.
The hooben T-55 is a kit you would have to build... the WSN T-34 or Tiger I are both excellent!

wild weasel
Corporal
Corporal

Post by wild weasel » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:09 pm

Is the kit resin or styrene. Don't know if I feel like building an entire tank out of resin, but that T-55 would be no problem in styrene

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:14 pm

wild weasel wrote:Is the kit resin or styrene. Don't know if I feel like building an entire tank out of resin, but that T-55 would be no problem in styrene
I have the Hooben Elephant kit and its injected plastic, good quality..