All-Go Toys Press Release

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:51 pm

July, 27th 2010

In the process of finalizing production of it's first aircraft release, All-go Toys has decided to cancel the development of the P-51D "Passion Wagon" in 1:18 scale. The decision comes after deciding that a much better subject was available and fit perfectly into All-Go Toys future plans.

There has been much excitement and anticipation in the market place over the years calling for a 1:18 scale A-10 Thunderbolt II or more loving named the "WartHog". At this time we would like to shed some light on this subject as All-Go Toys has been working alongside SkyworksToys to explore ways in which perhaps this magnificent aircraft might be jointly produced. That being said we are very excited to announce that as we speak, SkyworksToys staff have been hard at work accessing the infamous prototype which is an older model. Jack has been making some changes and updates, adding a few extra bits. With the additions almost complete, SkyworksToys will be updating fans with pictures of the new A-10 in fresh paint! Once finalized and approved, SkyworksToys will begin accepting pre-orders for the first ever 1:18 scale Tank killer, the awesome A-10 Thunderbolt II. More details to follow from the team at SkyworksToys.

All-Go Toys and SkyworksToys are working hand in hand to make this project a reality. Stay tuned for additional information in the coming weeks.

All-Go Toys Executive Staff

Jesse James
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Jesse James » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:58 pm

If this gets cancelled, it'll be armageddon among the 1:18 plane nuts. :)
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:12 pm

This is really cool news and will see out!!!

iflabs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by iflabs » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:15 pm

Sounds a lot better than another P-51.

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:18 pm

Good news. Hopefully its not in the several hundred dollar price range.
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:19 pm

I just hope that they do not charge $600 - $800 for it. If it is $250 or less, then I will get it.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:27 pm

I’m betting it’s going to be very expensive. I would love to be wrong on this.

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:37 pm

Wow, this is great news! Sign me up! :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:42 pm

Kool!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:46 pm

Wonder with who AG will work to do a king Tiger ?

phil

jetsmaniac
Corporal
Corporal

All for A-10

Post by jetsmaniac » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:53 pm

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!
Considering that they will be made in US, the price is expected to be stiffer.
At least I don't worry about Jack's customer service if I ever get a faulty one, unlike JSI. Full of "surprise".
What I like to see:
1. Three basic schemes: Camo green, desert and ghost grey.
2. Optional weapon load.
3. Rotating GAU-8! (battery-powered, sound special edition?) A-10 isn't A-10 without GAU-8. At least open panel.
My max is $400 (more for rotating GAU-8), considering that this may be the last 1/18 for a while.
[url=http://community.webshots.com/user/mtlin550][img]http://inlinethumb33.webshots.com/34784/2860792140071430623S200x200Q85.jpg[/img][/url]
A photo database dedicated to all 1/18 F-14 repainted squadrons.
Click it. Accept submissions today!

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:07 pm

I think this is great for all the modern aircraft guys and really hope it makes it to production, but it sucks for us armor guys, here they show us a Kingtiger and yet they come out of the blue with the Warthog?

Till I hear a member has one in their hands, I will give very little credence to this announcement, I really hope they prove me wrong.

As a side note maybe they should update their website to let everyone know whats going on.

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:13 pm

Hallelujah-Hallelujah-Hallelujah!!!
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:14 pm

Yes, it will be armageddon if this turns into vapourware.

And yes, I fear it's gonna cost an arm and a leg, probably a kidney and my brain too. Although it's a sorely needed subject and long overdue in the 1:18th world, count me out if the pricing is in the ionosphere.

Hope to see pictures of the beast soon.

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:19 pm

On a serious note, I'd be willing to pay up to 350 for an A-10. Hope its not to much more expensive I'd have to sell my wife. I'd miss her.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:23 pm

not to put a damper on things, but is this a wise idea at this moment in time for All-Go? Granted the prototype is largely built already but that is a tiny fraction of the cost of making such a huge plane. JSI, a huge company, struggled with the Tomcat and this is easily as mammoth an undertaking.

Would it not be smarter to do the KT, which as i understand it is good to go, with all tooling complete and will be quite popular and less of an expense to both producer and consumer alike, and wait on the A-10 for better economic times, when no doubt more people will be willing and able to pony up with the loot?

Just my thoughts.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

normandy

Post by normandy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:30 pm

Wow! That is a surprise. I think an A-10 was a wise move. Great news for the Wing nuts and hopefully we'll hear something on the King Tiger for us Thread heads. :wink:

As stated, cost will be the deciding factor on any of these new 1:18th products.
Last edited by normandy on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:32 pm

I believe that aferguson has said what I feel to be the truth, why not get something to market and get the money coming in to support further ventures?

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:34 pm

Although I will definitely buy one of these, it is sure to be priced far above what we'd expect. How ironic that the formerly cheapest priced manufacturer is now teaming with the most expensive. Can't wait to see and buy it. But it's gonna dent the ol' wallet! :wink:

thehun
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by thehun » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:38 pm

aferguson wrote:not to put a damper on things, but is this a wise idea at this moment in time for All-Go? Granted the prototype is largely built already but that is a tiny fraction of the cost of making such a huge plane. JSI, a huge company, struggled with the Tomcat and this is easily as mammoth an undertaking.

Would it not be smarter to do the KT, which as i understand it is good to go, with all tooling complete and will be quite popular and less of an expense to both producer and consumer alike, and wait on the A-10 for better economic times, when no doubt more people will be willing and able to pony up with the loot?

Just my thoughts.

You hit the nail on the head with that one Ferg, for every 1 warthog that sells, they could have sold 5-6 KT's

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:41 pm

100% agree with RAM04 and Aferg !

phil

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:42 pm

I wounder what the price of the A-10 will be?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

uksubs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by uksubs » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:58 pm

aferguson wrote:not to put a damper on things, but is this a wise idea at this moment in time for All-Go? Granted the prototype is largely built already but that is a tiny fraction of the cost of making such a huge plane. JSI, a huge company, struggled with the Tomcat and this is easily as mammoth an undertaking.

Just my thoughts.
I think your right about making the king tiger first + can't see much of a market out side the USA for A-10

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:03 pm

upon reflection, it's possible that the idea here is that All-Go is letting Skyworks use, modify and produce their A-10, in Skyworks type fashion...ie a resin built up model costing many hundreds of dollars.

In so doing, there is no outlay for tooling, or expensive mass production costs. And the benefit to All-Go is that they will get a bit of money to fortify their postion and get rolling a little more. So in actual fact there would be virtually no risk to All-Go whatsoever, in this scenario.

I doubt this will be a plastic model, like the JSI Tomcat. I suspect it will be resin or some similar material and if so, yeah, get ready to dig deep for it.

Hopefully it turns out to be a win-win for both collecctor and All-Go alike.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:04 pm

VMF115 wrote:I wounder what the price of the A-10 will be?
Zach,
Is All-Go teaming with Skyworks for a full-production A-10, or just being paid for prototype work?

Given the answer, we can either see a "JSI type price" ala Spotcat or a Skyworks type price.

I'm hoping the former.