Passin Wagen DOA

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Dauntless » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:31 am

AMERICAN_GRENADIER wrote:i would think a 1/32 plane like the second spitfire or another P-51 like double nothin
these soldout in just a couple weeks
Nothing wrong with that. Both are planes with not a whole lot of exposure. What, we got three (new tooling) Mustangs, and one Spit?

Not that I wouldn't want some more 1:18, but I'll take what I can get.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

normandy

Post by normandy » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:23 am

Tom this is what comes up at All-GO.....
http://www.allgotoys.com/

paulpratt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by paulpratt » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:12 am

This means that they've selected a hosting provider and are waiting to upload the files. They even took the time to route the domain name to the IP address, so that is a good thing.

The passion wagon went away because the idea was terrible. The mold was old, we don't need another p-51 and putting breasts on a plane just isn't enough for most people to invest 100 bucks on a plane that they may or may not already have at least 8 versions of.

Thankfully they noticed this, unfortunately it was a bit late in the grand scheme of things. They will take some time to get their wounded pride off the ground and begin anew. Since the King Tiger's molds were completed they need to start there and work diligently in delivering that vehicle as swiftly as possible, for the least amount of money for the end consumer.

The Jagdpanther is in the prototype stage and ready to go. They need to follow up with the Jagdpanther soon after the King's release.
Best,
-Paul

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:33 am

I believe in giving the public what they want ... if possible. Since they are so new, create a poll as to what should be next? Of course, list the potential vehicles they CAN produce but at least this way they won't have another Passion Wagon disaster. :)

JAT

- Jeff

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:55 am

the only problem is whether they have the funds to get the KT rolling. It is a lot more expensive proposition than a repaint of a P-51. While not a great idea, the PW may have been the best idea they had with the funds available to get things rolling again.

Given that it's failed, perhaps a figure release may serve a similar purpose to PW. A somewhat low cost venture to raise some working capital. However, i'm sure they know their situation and know what is the best thing to do and what they can and can't do, so we'll just have to sit back and hope for the best.

I think a series of fallschirmjagers would be a sure fire success.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

trigger1
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by trigger1 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:09 am

aferguson wrote:
I think a series of fallschirmjagers would be a sure fire success.
Agreed. I'm not sure that JSI/21C realized how badly people wanted these. If they released the original FJ line at $10-15 each they would fly out of stores.
B/S/T Contacts:holensock,billgiff,Razor17019,KWR190,ostketten,kevrut,ram04 etc...

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by usmcchet9296 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:41 am

If All-Not-Go is still around and thats a big if I would suggest if they have molds to produce "kit" planes. Since the molds are paid for so to speak all it would cost them is the cost of the plastic and the man hours to make and box the planes. Those of us who are model makers could make them at our leasure and detail them as we want. Now I dont know the exact costs but I wouldnt have an issue with a 50- 70 kit plane and if enough are sold then that would help fund things like the KT.
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Airacobra » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:05 pm

^^^^^^^^^ Exactly what he said. I don't understand why they don't try to release kits.
"What a magnificent aeroplane! They could have all their Spitfires and Mustangs!"
Roland "Bee" Beamont, Tempest Wing Commander

snake

Post by snake » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:51 pm

Not surprising.

But it was always just a repaint of a plane that had already been done in numerous schemes,by two different manufacturers nonetheless.

Better for AllGo to just cancel,rather than push ahead on a failure.Due to price point,IMO.

I do hope AllGo regroup,and come back.

But the 1/18 releases this last year have been very few and far between,and just repaints.

Other than the JSI "SpotCat" :roll:

There is still a market for the 1/18 models,but we need more than repaints.

The problem is that to make a new tooling is hugely expensive,and a lot of the collectors are balking at anything other than WM clearance prices.

Not to be a pessimist.But you "Can't have your cake,and eat it too?

Future 1/18 releases are going to be more expensive.And if we are not willing to pay enough for a model so that the company can make at least some profit,they simply won't be made.

Simple Business 101.

Just a thought.If this scale had just been released right now,can you imagine the MSRP. :shock:

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:21 am

Everything is going up, the 1/18 diecast cars have gone up 25% or more. Wendy's double combo large size plus a med Frosty is almost 10 bucks. Just a few months ago it was around 8 bucks.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:03 am

snake wrote:Not surprising.

But it was always just a repaint of a plane that had already been done in numerous schemes,by two different manufacturers nonetheless.

Better for AllGo to just cancel,rather than push ahead on a failure.Due to price point,IMO.

I do hope AllGo regroup,and come back.

But the 1/18 releases this last year have been very few and far between,and just repaints.

Other than the JSI "SpotCat" :roll:

There is still a market for the 1/18 models,but we need more than repaints.

The problem is that to make a new tooling is hugely expensive,and a lot of the collectors are balking at anything other than WM clearance prices.

Not to be a pessimist.But you "Can't have your cake,and eat it too?

Future 1/18 releases are going to be more expensive.And if we are not willing to pay enough for a model so that the company can make at least some profit,they simply won't be made.

Simple Business 101.

Just a thought.If this scale had just been released right now,can you imagine the MSRP. :shock:
Agreed. I would pay from $100 to $150 for a P-51 B/C Mustang , P-40 E/N Warhawk, P-39 Airacobra, Typhoon, Tempest, Hurricane, Spitfire MkV though.

The Spotcat was around $200 to $250, and a lot bigger and more complicated than any WWII fighter, so that would be a reasonable area of price for a totally new tooling IMO.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:23 am

the cost issue is China the ultimate crack dealer! they get the world hooked on cheap products so everyone else shifts to them. then they raise prices ,minimum orders and start up costs. until they get a major competitor they will continue to raise prices. they totally control the toy/collector industry. i read an article and they said 90% of these products are made in China. other countries like Vietnam and indonesia are tring to gear up but it will take time. since the U.S. and other countries are unwilling to confront thier braking international trade laws, patent issues and the fact that they subsidies thier own dollar i dont think anyone can ever compete. so were screwed!
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:53 am

aside from gas/oil prices going up the reason toys and other things made in china are going up are twofold:

one is that if you recall, there was a lot of labour unrest in china a couple years ago, strikes etc and wages have gone up, significantly, percentage-wise as a result. This is being reflected in the cost of goods china produces.

the other reason is that the US dollar has dropped a lot....an awful lot. Except for a brief blip at the beginning of the recession the US dollar has been as low as it's been for many, many years. So it buys less, so prices go up. It's dropped over 25%...most of you being American won't probably be as aware of the US dollar's worth as those of us in the rest of the world, but it's dropped a ton.

China is not a crack dealer jacking up prices cos they can (that's ebay's schtick). China would be unwise to do that because it opens the doors wide for competition to get a foothold and once they start losing business they may never get it back.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:10 pm

aside from the ebay's schtick. i could agree with your arguement except for these facts.
1) China made very large oil deals in 2002 & 2008 with Iran below market price with garauntees for the next 10 years. they only need to support Iran in th U.N. and provide arms in trade.

2) despite worker unrest the average income of a Chinese worker is less than 300 dollars a month(less than Mexico). they work 10-12 hours a day six days a week.

3) dispite the fact that they signed a international trade agreement. they use nearly 1.5 million people in labor camps to produce products. they bubsidies thier own dollar,the dont abide by trade mark or copy right laws. The last harry poter book was available in China a month before its official release. I can go on line and buy movie and music cd's that havent been released yet. Every factory in China is owned by one or another government agency and they keep a close watch on what they are doing. Sure every now and again some factory boss is lead out in handcuffs and they steam roll a few thousand dvd's. big deal! they still keep turning them out. Hobby Master and others are right now trying to stop over runs of thier products that the Chinese are direct selling on ebay. Hell im still buying 21c products from one of my China owned distributors. anyone of these violations make it illegal for the U.S. and Canada to import thier products. but do you ever hear much about it?
the simple fact is China has a death grip on every major country in the world. they are the number one exporter in the world and almost every country has a trade deficit with them. Many countries already restrict certain products from China to help certain industries survive.

They play by different rules! THIER RULES!
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"

Island Raider
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Island Raider » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:31 pm

To me, the Passion Wagon was a good idea but too little for too much from a "new" company. I know we will never see the Walmart prices again, but jumping into the 1/18 game with a $100 low production repaint probably wasnt the best idea. I would have preferred seeing AllGo get a license deal with LucasFilm for their upcoming movie "Red Tails" about the Tuskegee Airmen. Perfect oportunity to release repaints of P-51s and 109s and pilot figures in mass release and get the public back into 1/18. Once the public is once again interested and buying then reel them in and start releasing the higher dollar "collector only" releases. Other than the cost of what I am sure would be an expensive license, the development costs would be lessened due to the fact they would be running product they, er 21st, already sculpted and tooled. Of course the only way to be successful with this idea would be to have their product on shelves during the film's theater run, not several months or years later. (cough-Sahara-cough-Platoon-cough-cough)

Oh well, hope AllGo survives to be productive in 1/18.

Mike

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:03 pm

MCalamari wrote:SmallJoes pushed the release date to August.
I only pushed the release date up because the last date I was given has come and gone. They company hasn't communicated with me at all regarding the status of the bird. For several weeks now, I suspected it was the case that things were not progressing.

For this item to be canceled, and retailers not even be notified, is rather absurd I think.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:11 pm

ZZZZZZZzzzzzz......Wake me up when something new happens...

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:31 am

corey you hit the nail on the head!
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"

NightVyper
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by NightVyper » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:27 am

deleted by me
Last edited by NightVyper on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:42 am

n/t
Last edited by coreystinson on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corey Stinson

NightVyper
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by NightVyper » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:51 am

deleted by me
Last edited by NightVyper on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:03 am

Mutually agreed deletion for the benefit of the board.
Last edited by coreystinson on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corey Stinson

NightVyper
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by NightVyper » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:12 am

deleted by me.
Last edited by NightVyper on Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:13 am

n/t
Last edited by coreystinson on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corey Stinson

GI546
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by GI546 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:17 am

coreystinson wrote:
NightVyper wrote: you are calling me a liar and accused me of being a competitor thats messed up and I am not.
I am stating that you are badly mis-recollecting a situation during an unfortunate time in your life, then projecting that onto us, which is poor behavior at a minimum.
can you guys please stop arguing in this thread and just PM eachother?