SS Set

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
digger
Officer - Brigadier General

!!!

Post by digger » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:59 pm

HOLY Schutzstaffel!! :shock:

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:30 pm

In the no sign of new stuff on by the 4th of July thread, I posted this:

OK--i say the posting for the Nude Nose art pieces sounds very promising. When they strated doing the cartoon characters years ago, I knew a Varga girls couldn't be too far behind. And, it looks like 21st will be producing the Liebestandarte figures they had talked about 3 or so years ago at a toy fair. This shall prove interesting.

I swear up one side and down the other that those figs have to be 21st. The peculiar thing is that the manufacturer's name is not mentioned. I know some people will take issue with these figs but I plan on picking up a set. It seems like a good deal (works out to a little less than 10 bucks a fig) and hopefully it will encourage 21st to do more exclusives.
Aaron

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:36 pm

i suspect they are 21c product as well. They may not want their name connected with them because of the SS association. Frankly, i'm surprised SBP is selling these. I bet they're in for lots of flak over it.

gustav
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by gustav » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:32 pm

are we sure these figures are 1:18? if so, that display box would have to be pretty large, to hold what, 15 figures?

hmmm, i wonder if this release will be in time for christmas, becaue there's nothing like an ss goon squad under the tree for a little xmas spirit...

and of course i am kidding.

nude nose art and ss troops! where is 1:18 going?

75th Ranger
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

looks cool!

Post by 75th Ranger » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:56 pm

They look super cool!
something to consider....
i wonder if there will ever be some French resistance set!....hahahaha!!!
i would like that too!
take care,
HOOAH!
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!"

HOOAH!

75th Ranger

http://community.webshots.com/user/diverman88
http://community.webshots.com/user/75thairborneranger
http://photobucket.com/albums/a360/75thRANGER/
http://community.webshots.com/user/alphascuba

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:46 pm

Interesting... Probably 21c - the description "detailed enough for display, small enough for play" gives them away as I've seen that with other 21c product descriptions. Also the fact that 5,000 sets are being made. Nice box, but I'll pass.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:26 pm

Those are some interesting looking figs. I'm not sure whether they'll be part of my collection though.

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:25 am

Like many others, I agree that those figures look to be 21st Century pieces. It will be interesting to see how long it takes the "PC Police" to take notice and start in with SBP. I may preorder a set, but will contact SBP prior to doing so, and make sure that they'll not bow to the PC Police and cancel their standing order(s).

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:31 am

Let us know if they give a due date. I have preordered from them before and it took almost a year to receive my plane(BBD). I don’t wish to re live that experience again. Still, it would be an interesting set to have.

digger

PC

Post by digger » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:04 am

I think you guys are over-reacting in terms of how much flak SBP will take. Remember, there are MUCH WORSE things being sold online these days.....keep in mind that this is not a retail space open to the public, but rather an internet destination. Yes, they sell toys, but clearly do not cater to children. Hell, 21st planes are now available with "accurate markings" - are these guys that different b/c they have faces?

It happened - it's history - if you don't like 'em don't buy 'em, that simple. Let's not make much ado about not that much....

As for pre-ordering from SBP, I agree that may not be wise. Anyone pre-order a Winter 109? :lol: I'm hoping somewhere else gets a cut of the 5k and I can get them there sooner and cheaper. :wink:

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:43 pm

I think that the letters "SS" conjure some up grave images of the war and people are just expressing their first thoughts about the impact the SS had on the war.

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:13 pm

That is a cool set, but as others said that no release date and per-orders from SBP is like waiting for grass to grow. I thing the grass would win if they raced, lol.

momaw nadon

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:32 pm

Producing a product made soley for an internet market of collectors makes no difference at all to the PC crowd.

Look at the lady making and selling to 1/6 collectors, accurate top Nazi figures recently when the PC gang found out she existed and did all they could to stop her.

I don't believe they were successful ONLY because she sells to collectors and has no other line to sell to anybody not in this hobby.

I believe she has been in this toy line for quite a while making destintive figures. Nazi's included in limited production runs. They usually sell out.

SBP may have a battle on their hands and an outfit like SBP usually caves and stops the line.

We shall see. I prefer German figures without the SS stigma but that is just me. I guess, at my age, I just have too many family members who did all they good to stop the Nazi's in WW2. Guys I talked to every week for most of my life. All gone now but one and he spends all his time soaking up rays and dodging gators and hurricanes in FL. :roll: Two huricanes currently on the way, by the way, good luck to my Uncle Joe (former crew chief on a C-47 in Europe), and all the rest of you guys down south.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by tankduel » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:35 am

There are 16 in the set,they are 1/18th scale and 21st Cent for sure, you can tell by the figure bases. Very nice looking set.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:11 pm

Threetoughtrucks wrote: We shall see. I prefer German figures without the SS stigma but that is just me.
TTT
I'm with TTT. I can do without the SS link. I already get enough raised eyebrows for my regular German infantry and vehicles.

But, I hope nobody raises I stink about the figures. It does look like a very nice set.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:49 pm

Actually, they look pretty cool. Have to see what the best price turns out to be. SBP can't be the only only vendor (even if it looks that way right now).

ParatrooperCarbine
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ParatrooperCarbine » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:50 pm

My two cents:

I see it says by "Small Blue Planet" where it should have the manufacturer name. Someone's shy about their Nazi toys.

The packaging looks like In the Past Toys' SS deluxe figure packaging, but they don't do 1:18.

The stands look like 21C.

Workmanship looks like 21C.

I say, 21C.
My good trader/reference list:
Razor17019, raiderad6, nomo4me, SGT Fury, don, JOC, DIGGER, immeww2.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:09 am

Other than the price, I dig them... They look like a very nice set to me. Now, you give me US and German infantry in a set like that, and I'm all about those... Hell I'd buy 2 of each set if not more.

Throw in some paratroopers too even. They look really nice.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:15 am

$150 for a bunch of little Nazi's. Not for this child.

Now, if it were such a nice set of U.S.,Brits, Ruskies, Italians, Japanese or German Army, anything but Nazi's......I'm there with my wallet creaking open :wink:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

gustav
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by gustav » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:36 am

check out p-51's photos from last year's comic con (which he just linked on the comic con thread) and scroll down to the picture of the marching german infantry for 1944 france. now take a look at the oic. notice that he bears an uncanny resemblence to the ss oic.

just a coincidence? doubtful, 21st all the way.

as an aside, what's the story with the 1944 german infantry set? was it ever released?

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:21 pm

I think I would like them in my collection, but i'm kinda concerned a about the back order, when would i ever see them? I was wondering if I could do custom stuff to them like ss camo :? I dunno, wouldn't want to ruin 'em

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:11 pm

Thay gota be from 231st C. I was just on centone's website and he has a photo of unproduced XD SS.

75th Ranger
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

price

Post by 75th Ranger » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:41 pm

the price is too high!
15 * 5 = $75

and these figures sell for $ 150!

i think it is too much.
what do you guys think.
they do look good.
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!"

HOOAH!

75th Ranger

http://community.webshots.com/user/diverman88
http://community.webshots.com/user/75thairborneranger
http://photobucket.com/albums/a360/75thRANGER/
http://community.webshots.com/user/alphascuba

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:16 pm

Eh, not too bad for exclusives. After all, Hasbro charged about $10/figure for the EE-exclusive Clones. Especially if this is a very limited run, the gots to make their money somehow. But it is more than I'm willing to pay for figures.