Should the 1:18 companies have a warranty or spare parts?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: parts

Post by VMF115 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:15 pm

Coreyeagle48 wrote:Greetings

Someone should seriously break down an F-14 and use it to cast parts. I made back my initial purchase cost plus quite a bit of additional $$$ selling F-14 parts through this board and through ebay. It fully paid for my second F-14 from Jack and the leftover went toward purchase of another model.

Might be interesting for one of our customizers to do.

Corey
I think some of those spare parts ended up on that Iranian custom F-14.....

:lol:

J/k :lol:
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:35 pm

VMF115 wrote:
pickelhaube wrote:
This is their first big project and hopefully they will move in the right direction.
from now on.

S-1 is a wash it has problems. If they correct their ways hopefully we will be able to enjoy an S-2 .

If not another one bites the dust.
I agree...I think JSI should offer a 50% rebate on all S-1 tomcats that can be used on the S-2 tomcats.

But I don't think they would.
Another question though, would most 1/18 fans WANT to get the IRIAF Tomcat? By the reaction online, I doubt it. The quality control from the 1st run has deterred many of the potential buyers, and the IRIAF was not the highest in demand for an S2. I wouldn't even put it in the top 5. I myself wouldn't mind one, but not this early. Maybe a few years from now, when significantly more popular paint schemes have been used.

Some of the top ones I suggested were paint/squadron schemes like F-14D/VF-2 Bounty Hunters, and schemes accurate for the late model F-14A mold that the JSI model depicts; VF-154 Black Knights and VF-41 Black Aces. All 3 squadrons I listed were amongst the last of the respective Tomcat variant users, and all 3 flew "Bombcats" in the recent wars. Combat relevance and some good color schemes(like the last cruise Black Knights, VF-2 CAG, et al). Not to mention, Black Aces was the 1st Tomcat squadron to down an enemy fighter in USN service.
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

norman888
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by norman888 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:29 am

This stuff is made in China. Don't you see the lack of quality in all goods coming from China...this is no different. Good luck getting spare parts for a lot of things. Moss-Magnuson covers express warranties and there is no law that forces manufacturers to have a warranty.

If your F-14 arrived with gear broken this should be done as a shipper claim to Fedex,UPS or USPS; through the vendor which you purchased it from. If that vendor refuses to accept your return or pursue the claim for you, your wrath should be directed at them not the distributor. Or as a last resort warn the vendor that unless you get a replacement you will dispute your credit card charge and they will get a charge back. You will get your money back and then you can purchase a new one elsewhere.

You do have ways to get your money back and purchase a new F-14.

If you broke parts on your own, you are just out of luck. This has nothing to do with QC.

fightin
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by fightin » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:10 pm

... but what if some parts are missing? :?: :?: :?:
We still need more new 1/18 aircraft!

norman888
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by norman888 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:14 pm

fightin wrote:... but what if some parts are missing? :?: :?: :?:
Same as I said above...tell the seller that you want to exchange your broken/incomplete F-14 with a new one. If they refuse contact your credit card company and do a charge back...many even let you dispute a charge online. You may have to return the broken aircraft (and be out a shipping charge) but many times you don't even have to return your disputed item. Then buy your "new" F-14 for $179; which is alot less than I paid for mine!!

I purchase almost everything online, for better or worse, and have had to go to this extreme a few times on items worth over $200. I have also had this happen to me in reverse for illegitimate reasons, so I know the credit card holder has all the power here.

I am not saying to do this if you broke the model yourself or you want to get it for free, but this works for real issues of broken or missing parts from a not-so-cheap item!!

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:48 am

norman888 wrote:Same as I said above...tell the seller that you want to exchange your broken/incomplete F-14 with a new one.
...while keeping in mind that this is a permanent bridge-burn with most any retailer, especially if you have agreed to up front stated terms about returns then try to go this route after the fact.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com