All go Suggestion..

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
flyboy_fx
Officer - Brigadier General

All go Suggestion..

Post by flyboy_fx » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:18 pm

Hay All go.. Ever thought about making some lets say german vehicles with no camo only in a german grey? No markings or anything for the customizer?

With interiors painted and thats it like it rolled of the factory in 1940? :D
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Fritzkrieg » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:45 pm

How about a Panzer III and a Stug using some of the same tooling.

We could also use some small vehicles
Motor Cycle w/ Side Car, kettenkrad, Hortch, Schwimmwagen, and a new Kubelwagen.

On the Allied side,
A Stewart, T-34, Priest, and Halftrack Tank destoyer. :D

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:04 pm

I'd like to see (added to the above):

-New Jeep with canvas drop top maybe and trailer?

-M8 Greyhound

-Harley w/sidecar

-Ambulance

And some new figures... I'd love to see some figures make the rounds. They're the core for most toy lines, and help push through vehicles, and I'd like to see that happen more with All-Go. They're the core thing I like to collect, actually.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:21 pm

AGREE with ALL! 1st T-34
how rare is the 1st kubelwagen from 21C? anybody?_
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:33 pm

Pretty rare I think... That's one I'd really like to see, possibly with a removable top (even if it's just a molded one that snaps on/off). I love my Kubel, so it's something I'd like to see a DAK and camo version of some day... Grey's nice though.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:20 pm

remember it takes alot of work to make a new model... can't just pull i t out of your ass... if you could... I would be there!! :wink: :lol:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:33 pm

Very curious choice of words.

FB wrote:
can't just pull i t out of your ass... if you could... I would be there!!
Brings a picture to mind :lol:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:52 pm

Threetoughtrucks wrote:Very curious choice of words.

FB wrote:
can't just pull i t out of your ass... if you could... I would be there!!
Brings a picture to mind :lol:

TTT
ROFLMAO!
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

normandy

Post by normandy » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:14 am

:shock: How did ya get that thing up there in the first place? :P

How about Head Sets...sets of five or ten new head sculpts that can be interchanged with existing figures. Verlinden did this.
Dual Packs.... for those of us who were unable buy them in our part of the country. :evil:
Oh and Armor...lots of it!! :wink:

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:19 am

And what about a WWII icon : GMC truck ?

phil

fightin
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by fightin » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:41 am

Great suggestions!
Altough I know this thread is mainly about ground armor, there is one thing I have to say:

B-17! :D :D :D
We still need more new 1/18 aircraft!

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by usmcchet9296 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:06 am

While I agree with what some have said here I do think AllGo should stick with previously un-released vehicles for the time being
A swimmiwagen would rock
A BMW or Harley motorcycle would be cool
re-releasing the Jeep or Kubel if Allgo has the molds would be cost effective but a total redo would be costly considering there are better products out there like the Gate Jeep or minichamps Kubel
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:18 am

usmcchet9296 wrote:While I agree with what some have said here I do think AllGo should stick with previously un-released vehicles for the time being
A swimmiwagen would rock
A BMW or Harley motorcycle would be cool
re-releasing the Jeep or Kubel if Allgo has the molds would be cost effective but a total redo would be costly considering there are better products out there like the Gate Jeep or minichamps Kubel
The problems with motorcycles are: (1) Maisto has a good line of cheap 1:18 that include a WWII Harley, (2) when BBI released its modern recon dirt bike it warmed shelves (I loved it and bought several), (3) Hasbro released a BMW for the Indiana Jones line which eventually hit discount prices too (again, I loved it), and (4) other smaller items such as the PAK-40 also warmed shelves (and once again, the PAK-40 is honestly one of the best 1:18 items ever.

So while I agree with your ideas, I don't think they would sell well. At this point I'd like All Go to sell things that will appeal to a mass market and also introduce new collectors to the scale and their products. Passion Wagon was brilliant.

While I personally would prefer the swimmiwagen you suggested over a King Tiger, my hunch is that the King Tiger will interest more and command more consistent sales (people and coin).

Good ideas, to be sure. I just want All Go to get fat on our coin first. :)

Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Fritzkrieg » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:46 pm

Well, I saw only 2 Pak-40s in the wild in my area. The reason why the Indy German Motorcycle, did not sell better, is because it was too toyish and not a good representation of a German BMW motorcycle. We've seen the WWII BravoTeam figures outsell the Modern line. Infact much of the modern line has hit clearence. I think the market for 1:18 WWII is underestimated by retailers.

maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by maritime96 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:32 pm

Back in the 21C days I always thought that a five pack of German tankers (in Black or Pea dot or mixed color Panzer Wrap uniforms) would have been great a great seller. Just what we needed to fill all those empty hatches in the various German tanks. Sure they made the BOB tankers in the heavy winter uniforms, but the panzer wrap is what I would say most people think of on German tank crews. Heck, if the KT and Jagpanther do both come to pass we will need some crew for them.
"When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the
government fears the people you have liberty."
--Thomas Jefferson

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:24 pm

-M8 Greyhound
Excellent choice on the Greyhound.

Now, what about a Bren Gun (AKA universal) carrier..?? 8)
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:13 pm

Fritzkrieg wrote:Well, I saw only 2 Pak-40s in the wild in my area. The reason why the Indy German Motorcycle, did not sell better, is because it was too toyish and not a good representation of a German BMW motorcycle.
I agree that the Hasbro / Indy bike would have done better had it looked less like a toy. Though other German Indy vehicles did OK.

PAK 40s were hard to find retail in my neck of the woods too, but seem to be overstocked online.

Have you seen the WWII Maisto Harley? It looks great!

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:52 pm

Actually, the Indy Bikes didn't do all that bad... You'd be surprised how many actually sold. The REST of the deluxe stuff plugged the line, but German bikes were tough to find for a while. Hasbro got more out, but they didn't do too bad, according to what I've been told anyway. In a line that had its fair share of misses, that's not a bad badge to have.

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:20 am

Jesse James wrote:Actually, the Indy Bikes didn't do all that bad... You'd be surprised how many actually sold. The REST of the deluxe stuff plugged the line, but German bikes were tough to find for a while. Hasbro got more out, but they didn't do too bad, according to what I've been told anyway. In a line that had its fair share of misses, that's not a bad badge to have.
Yeah, the German w/ bike and the Indy w/ horse were actually received decently. There were many good items in the recent Indy line, but Hasbro managed to come up with some bad ones too, and then mind-bogglingly clutter the case assortments with them to astonishingly high levels. Whoever was responsible for that most certainly should have been fired as it nearly single-handedly destroyed that line - Mutt w/ snake, Indy w/ RPG. Gah!!!
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Fritzkrieg » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:17 am

I cetainly helped me fill my fodder bin with $1 figures, for customs.

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:43 am

A Kubelwagen would be my choice, apparently the mold is out there and there are different varients that could be made.

And if they don't sell very well they can always paint them some bright color and Ken and Barbie can cruise the beach in one.

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:31 am

coreystinson wrote: Yeah, the German w/ bike and the Indy w/ horse were actually received decently. There were many good items in the recent Indy line, but Hasbro managed to come up with some bad ones too, and then mind-bogglingly clutter the case assortments with them to astonishingly high levels. Whoever was responsible for that most certainly should have been fired as it nearly single-handedly destroyed that line - Mutt w/ snake, Indy w/ RPG. Gah!!!
That said thing about the Indy line is there was real potential for many other figures too!

I wanted a the Cult of the Fess guy. :)

OTOH, I only bought one of the German 2-pack, because 21c's DAK were still around and so much nicer looking.

Steering this back to the thread title and question that spun this off with the sales of the Indy bike in mind, should All-Go make bikes? And if so, when? :)

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:17 pm

I've got quite a few of those Indy German soldiers and the soldier on the bike I bought on clearance. Someday I might try to build a sidecar.

I agree a 1/18 GMC Truck Troop Carrier needs to be made. The 1/32 FOV one seems to be well received.
Plus there's other versions of it.
I just drove by a mechanics garage today and there was an old 4 seat Staff Car looking one. Just like the Dodge Patton Staff Car only an unmistakable GMC.
Plus an Ambulance etc...

Like to have the M3 White Scout Car made into 1/18 version.

Somebody already mentioned the M5 Stuart.
Some Armored cars, German and Allied.

Howitzer Cannons.

Many of these 21stC already had in the other scales of 1/32 or 1/6.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:19 pm

coreystinson wrote:
Jesse James wrote:Actually, the Indy Bikes didn't do all that bad... You'd be surprised how many actually sold. The REST of the deluxe stuff plugged the line, but German bikes were tough to find for a while. Hasbro got more out, but they didn't do too bad, according to what I've been told anyway. In a line that had its fair share of misses, that's not a bad badge to have.
Yeah, the German w/ bike and the Indy w/ horse were actually received decently. There were many good items in the recent Indy line, but Hasbro managed to come up with some bad ones too, and then mind-bogglingly clutter the case assortments with them to astonishingly high levels. Whoever was responsible for that most certainly should have been fired as it nearly single-handedly destroyed that line - Mutt w/ snake, Indy w/ RPG. Gah!!!
I saw those last two just the other day at a Wal-Mart clearance aisle for $3 each. I couldn't make that up if I tried.