Swastika on Michealski Focke Wolf

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Swastika on Michealski Focke Wolf

Post by krieglok » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:53 pm

I recently purchased the Michealski Focke Wolfe from BCA. They were kind enough to include a set of swastikas for the tail. They are about 1 1/8th inches square. They seem too large for the tail. Would this size be correct? My library on German aircraft is somewhat limited. Thanks.

TJ

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by hworth18 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:57 pm

Tail Swastikas on all German planes varied in size and coloration.. Some were just the white outline or black, while some were Black/white..
Your best bet would be to try and find a color profile of Michalski's Fw-190 and compare.. :wink:

Here is a profile I found.. It looks pretty big.. :wink:

“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

digger

decals

Post by digger » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:13 pm

I don't think they were doing you any favors - I think they come with small retailer versions of this plane. Anyway, it does look large in the photos I've seen too.

INTREPER
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: decals

Post by INTREPER » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:46 am

digger wrote:I don't think they were doing you any favors - I think they come with small retailer versions of this plane. Anyway, it does look large in the photos I've seen too.

Sweet pic! I guess i'll have to throw the swasti's on afterall!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:58 am

when i got the decals their was a ginormous pair and a big pair of swastikas (two pairs in total). The ginormous pair were too big but the large pair are pretty good in size. A lot of 190D's and Ta-152's had big swastikas on their tails for some reason..

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:54 am

The photos seem to represent the decals I have. The size does seem right when compared with the decals I have. Thanks for your help.

TJ