MILITARYTOYSHOP.COM

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
mkxiv
Sergeant
Sergeant

MILITARYTOYSHOP.COM

Post by mkxiv » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:32 pm

Hello Everyone,
I thought that I would formally introduce myself and our new venture.
I have followed the forum since back when Groundpounder first started his forum. I have posted a few times, but mostly sat back and observed.
I find myself addicted to this hobby like most on this forum. So with further a due we have started an online store to cater to our hobby.
Currently we are adding products to our site, and we will see an influx of new items in the coming months. I just got off the phone with BBI and can confirm that the Zero is currently in production! We also have some exclusive items in the pipeline so stay tuned! I also plan to visit a few airshows this year. Currently we have scheduled Geneseo NY, and EAA Oshkosh WI. Come out and see us if you can.

Thanks P-51 and Everyone for and enjoyable forum.

Regards,
Isaiah
http://www.militarytoyshop.com

[/url]

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

Cool

Post by digger » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:37 pm

Welcome and Good Luck :D
...Zero... 8)

INTREPER
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by INTREPER » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:42 pm

Welcome.....
and I thought BBI was telling everyone to keep the lid closed on the Zero until it hit the shelves?
OOOOOhhhhhhhhh, im telling :lol:

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:44 pm

Do I smell a Zero? :D I believe I do. 8)
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:51 pm

Great to hear about the Zero---where in Ohio are you?
Aaron

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:13 pm

'currently in production'....that suggests it is just weeks away!

Do you think it'll be light grey or dark green gang?

mkxiv
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mkxiv » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:38 pm

We are in Dayton, come up and see us! Regarding the zero, when i spoke to them they were pretty open about it. Didnt sound very secret.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:36 pm

Thats a kick in 21c's side... I would, in all honesty, prefer a dark green Zero. Most of the A6M5 Type 52 variants sported that scheme, and that was the most numerous of the Zero variants. The white scheme would perhaps be more familiar to the general public, though. Either way, I'm pumped that my Corsairs will finally have something to shoot at!

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Where at?

Post by Quixote511 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:36 pm

I am in a suburb of Dayton--where is the store at? Being a teacher, I am more than bored this time of year and have a good deal of spare time to spend on my hobby.
Aaron

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:12 pm

:D :D :D :D ZERO! :D :D :D :D :D
I'm a legend in my own mind.

mkxiv
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mkxiv » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:34 pm

Aaron PM sent!

OnWu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Trade Secrets

Post by OnWu » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:23 pm

MKX14 wrote:
We are in Dayton, come up and see us! Regarding the zero, when i spoke to them they were pretty open about it. Didnt sound very secret.
You'll find as you settle into this business that if you openly discuss inside info that manufacturers tell you, you'll soon be on the outside looking in. I am quite certain that BBI did not want this info discussed. A head may roll at BBI over this one. You can bet they won't make this mistake again. An early leak can very easily cause a major order cancellation, which in turn could jeopardize the entire project--then nobody gets anything.

OnWu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Info

Post by OnWu » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:39 pm

With my interest peaked, I called my cousin in the Far East and he said the Zeke is NOT in production, nor is it on the posted schedules. Only the usual, existing reordered items along with the Target A-10.

However, this does not mean it won't be built. It simply means that it won't be available for at least 3 months or more. Since it is not in production, it must still be in R&D, probably alongside other contenders for production (P-40, P-47, F4U, and F6F have also been rumored). R&D in any company will typically churn out many more products than actually get to full production (i.e. 21st Me-262 and A-10, for example).

I directed my cousin to this thread and he couldn't believe his eyes. He doesn't have access to R&D info (and wouldn't tell if he did) but he understands the significance of letting this type of thing out of the bag and into the hands of competitors. You see, if your competitor knows what you are going to make they can beat you to the punch or exploit another area, either way your cards are shown. He chuckled and said somebody is going to be in big, big trouble when they get to work tomorrow.

If the Zeke doesn't show by the end of the year, remember this thread guys, this is a perfect example of how projects are killed.

digger

bbi Zero

Post by digger » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:02 am

The Zero has been a "rumor " here for a while, and I have said over and over that bbi is making one - the only difference is now someone who has a online store is saying it. :roll:

One, if bbi does not do a Zero there loss, b/c first to that plane is a winner.

Two, if a Zero does not show by the end of the year how do we know that bbi isn't just learning how hard it is to put out accurate, detailed product on a regular basis. It took years for an M4 and a P-51 and we've gotten nothing since.....sorry, but I don't think we can blame this thread if the thing doesn't show in the next 6 months....

Oh, and, there will be a 21st 1:18 262, I guarantee it. :wink:

cruizin2000
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by cruizin2000 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:52 am

I'm a 32X guy but will definatley get a Zero. Sign me up!!!

C2000
Attack!!!!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:26 am

A BBI Zero is hardly a surprise to anyone on this board. In fact the only surprise in my view is that it has taken this long for it to show up. After they put out their P-51, i figured it was just around the corner.

I don't think any serious beans have been spilled and BBI would be crazy to throw away any money they've spent on R&D just because a small, online vendor says a Zero is comiing. My gosh we hear inaccurate rumours all the time on this board.

As i recall from my last phone call with Roy Sutherland, 21c wouldn't mind if BBI made a Zero because then everyone would stop bugging them to make one......they really don't want to, as they feel repaint potential for it is low...and repaints are very important to 21c. If 21c was keen on a Zero they've had 4 1/2 years now that they could have made one.

Also: you say BBI is worried about 21c scooping them, yet BBI has, and are rumoured to be, making several plane topics that 21st has already covered... Doesn't sound like they're too worried about product duplication to me.

I say bring on the Zero....it will be VERY well received.

And yes, the Me-262 by 21c is a gauranteed go....the A-10 is possibly not due to size concerns.

OnWu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Yes but,

Post by OnWu » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:07 am

The bottom line is, of course, sales. However, there is a time and a place for everything. Darth Vader IS Luke's father--at the right time, not six months before the movie is released. There is a reason for this: Promotion and timing are a key to any sales program. If a major retailer is financing this particular project pointing toward a Christmas release, you can bet your boots the cord will be pulled. Anything in R&D needs to stay TS until its day comes.

Saying the wrong thing is the number #1 reason people lose their jobs in this industry. If you canvass the manufacturers and retailers and find someone willing to talk to you, then post the essence of the conversation before the world, the excretment will eventually hit the fan. Roy posts carefully worded snippets in other forums but I'm sure he cringes when someone quote's him after calling him on the phone. Say the wrong thing or get misquoted and you're in the boss' office explaining yourself.

As for the Me-262: Fantasy, pure fantasy. Clear a space next to your Ruby-Red Slippers, it aint gonna happen.

mkxiv
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mkxiv » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:10 am

This info I have received regarding the zero was by simply picking up the phone anonymously calling in and asking if they are making any new aircraft later this year. Simple as that. :)

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:22 am

Without raining on anyone's parade, lets just welcome out new vendor and we all can wait and see who has the straight scoop and who is just spiting in the wind and at that point we can write him off as a source of good intel.

On this board, if nothing else, we are very patient waiting for the toys and dollies we would like.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

digger

Re: Yes but,

Post by digger » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:51 am

OnWu wrote:As for the Me-262: Fantasy, pure fantasy. Clear a space next to your Ruby-Red Slippers, it aint gonna happen.
.....Oh right, I gotcha :wink: :wink: ...like the Zero right :wink: not gonna happen... :wink: right.... :D

corpbob
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by corpbob » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:45 am

With all due respect to OnWu, if BBI puts out a quality Zero and gets TRU to evenly distribute it, the dollars will be practically jumping into their pockets. If they put out a mediocre piece of crap, or if TRU pulls a WM and sends them all to North Dakota and Idaho, then it will fall on its' face. Quality + Affordablity X Distribution = $

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:57 am

Any comments i make regarding what Roy Sutherland told me have been cleared by him for me to say. We have also had 'off the record' talks as well and that information does not get divulged by me.

And we will see an Me-262 most likely by the end of the year...usual delays aside..

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:22 pm

mkxiv, are you planning on attending the Dayton air show this year? I always go up their and have a great time. I also love buying a Franklin Mint airplane every time. I'll toss my business your way if your there. :D