SCUTTLE BUTT!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:56 pm

it may also mean a good chance of getting a sdkfz 7 to tow the 88. And hopefully this new company will have the 88 molds still, so we can see repaints of that. I'd say the KT is a very good possibility too.

This will all take years to happen of course, not months but the fact is there is now a much better chance that it could happen.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:56 pm

aferguson wrote:this news is all good with absolutely no bad to it. The fact that they are planning on starting up so soon is also great.

21c did indeed have lots of good ideas and partially started projects. If even just some of those see the light of day, we'll all be happy.

Repaints are absolutely inevitable and necessary to any toy company's survival. If they don't interest you, don't buy 'em, but be glad they exist as it mean funds to keep the company going and producing things that are of interest to you.

This is going to be very exciting to watch develop. Could mean all new 1/18 aircraft, armour and figures and maybe more..

How can there be anything negative about that?

And with the new 'adult collector' focus we may see subjects that we've been begging for, for years, that wouldn't get made because they wouldn't sell well at WM. Subjects like t-34 tanks, fw-190a's, komets, british and russian figures and on and on..

Be happy gang, this is what we've been hoping for.
Ferg,
No doubt about it, that this is good news. I just won't be one of those collectors that says "Yay! I should be happy that anything 1/18 is coming out!"

I'm looking forward to seeing what new projects are in the pipe.

Given Zach had mentioned the Retooled P-47D that 21C was working on. It had the removable cowl and opening gun bays. Hope this one sees the light of day.

TKO, am I correct on this one?

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:57 pm

The future of 1/18 is looking brighter 8)

and I'm stoked about it, repaints or not

At least we'll have more things to post about besides the tomcat :roll:

I'll not be surprised that we'll soon be hearing rumours that BBi and Admiral are waking from their hibernation...

...that BBi are rolling out P51 repaints and AT will release the Dauntless soon. Time travel to 2008 anyone? :D

Roy Sutherland, anyone know whats he been up to?

Ferrari250GTO
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Ferrari250GTO » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:00 pm

Three words-
Bee. Twenty. Five.
This is awesome news. It's like the hobby took a year hiatus, and now is back in full swing. Can not believe that we will have both JSI and the new 21st releasing models, whether repaints or not! It is a heck of a lot better situation then like March 2009.

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:14 pm

I'll take repaints, for some of us getting in the game late this is great news and I understand everybody would like something new, but anything is better than nothing.

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:27 pm

Maybe this news will kick BBI in its fourth point of contact to start making some new stuff.

Competition is a good thing :D

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:46 pm

Just wondering, if they are starting fresh with new company name,
does the rights/licences that they have secured when they were 21C still valid for the new company?

dcway
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dcway » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:53 pm

Hey All
Well this will bring back all the players !!!!!!! No company likes to see another company make money on items they could be selling Too..
I just hpoe it's not going to be a pissing contest between them all..
Butt we do need more modern stuff !!!!!!! Did i hear A-10 ?????????
Yes i did Bring it on !!!!!!!!! Desert storm nose art too !!!! Any nose art !!!!! Thats my 2 cents worth....... Dana (dcway)

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Airacobra » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:10 pm

P-51B and FW-190A? Count me in. As far as repaints go, I say bring them on. If I don't like them, I won't buy them. What I really want is an affordable P-47, both razorback and bubble top. I like the modern jets, but man are they expensive. B-25? :shock: I don't even want to think about how much that would cost. At least I have my Flying Styro B-25. 8) That one can fly to boot.

memaddog
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by memaddog » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:40 pm

Like my friends say, "It's All Good!!!!" Can't wait to see these come about, even if it is repaints! The market is going nowhere right now, so the only way out is up! I'm looking foward to it!
By the way, got my Yellow 7 ME- 262 1:18 in the mail today that I won on e-bay. All I can say is PERFECT!!!! The box is MINT and the Jet is AWSOME! Thank You BAD CATS or aa5arv8 !!!!!
That should lay to rest any disbelieves about them getting rid of defective or damaged merchandise. I would buy from these guys again on e-bay anytime aa5arv8 !!!!!! Great Item!!!!!
memaddog

AMERICAN_GRENADIER
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:04 pm

I think its great! they must be going with the P-51d because they still have the rights to that mold. they need to start somewhere and thats the logical first step. they have the mold so the start up costs are less. the NUDE! is a great idea with the correct kill markings. made for the adult marked which is the large portion of this hobby. its a great move if it happens those things will be gone fast! i bet they sell out in presale. just think they grab big time attention turn a quick buck then can move on to the next project maybe 2? it a winner! they dont need to bend over to the political correct bull crap that TRU or walmart push.

WINNER! WINNER! WINNER!
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

iballdriver
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by iballdriver » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:05 pm

Birddog wrote:It would be nice to see them bring out more modern jets in 1/18 scale. There's a proven market for them now.

As Supersonic mentioned: A-10 and F-4!!!
.....and maybe the A1 able dog?....and i'm a sucker for the f106 and a f105 would make my toes curl too...
coleslaw is a condiment.
Good Trader: Delta Team
vulgarvulture

P47faninchicago
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by P47faninchicago » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:09 pm

I would buy a repaint. Sure it would be great to have a completely new model but I think that would be completely impossible for 21st to do right out of the gates. I think it is awesome that 21st may be coming back-they were real risk takers. It took real big cahoonas to put out huge models ike the P-38 and the Avenger.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:17 pm

Here go the wishlists again :roll:

This is all excellent news, however, lets not go too crazy too fast wishing for everything under the sun :wink: I agree with American Grenadier that the P-51 is a logical place to start and there are still a ton of repaints they could do. Perhaps this new company will be able to get back some of 21c's old moulds from JSI or at least use them toward a more productive end.

There's nothing original with the nude noseart... Its been done on smaller scale planes many times and heck, even the Playmobil Pirate ship I got 20 something years ago had a blond, topless mermaid on one of its decals :P
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:20 pm

I really hope they make the Fallschirmjagers again.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:24 pm

Wasn't Scuttle Butt the legendary monster of the Colorado Rockies that had a leg made of TV's Patrick Duffy?
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:34 pm

"I..am..Scuzzle Butt, Lord of the Mountain. Behold my Patrick Duffy leg!"

RAD 2112
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RAD 2112 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:39 pm

I am guessing this news includes 1/32 scale aircraft/armor as well?
There is no security in this life. There is only opportunity.
- Gen Douglas MacArthur

Safe Trader List:
Black Lion VF-213, hworth18, KWR190, nooker 21, Olifant, Tmanthegreat, Trigger1, V2 MAN, vulgarvulture, Coreyeagle48

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:50 pm

Not to derail the topic, as I am happy 21C is coming back in some form, but is there any hope they may start up 1/32 as well or is it too early to tell?

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:15 pm

RAD 2112 wrote:I am guessing this news includes 1/32 scale aircraft/armor as well?
I'm hoping this answers where the huge 1/32 fleet went. :)

I'm liking the possibility of a 1/18 P-51B and FW-190A.

Sure would be cool to see a P-40E Warhawk also. I'd been thinking about one of those ever since I first saw and bought my first Tomahawk P-40B in Walmart, hoping that 21C would get to one eventually.
Always thought it would be a logical choice of a popular aircraft with so many repaints to choose from in every theatre of WWII.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:19 pm

Well, the pin-up artwork has my little heart a pitter-patter. I think I just might have to bite on this one.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:22 pm

Thanks TKO for the intel.

*thought bubble appears from my head* "...mmmm 1:18 kits with a selection of different decal schemes."
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by tankduel » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:37 pm

Weren't 21st looking at producing Russian figs? Maybe we'll get them now :shock: It will be great if they bring out any new figs.
Nev

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:07 pm

NWarty wrote:"I..am..Scuzzle Butt, Lord of the Mountain. Behold my Patrick Duffy leg!"
i cant stop laughing!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:50 pm

NWarty wrote:Maybe this news will kick BBI in its fourth point of contact to start making some new stuff.

Competition is a good thing :D
Which I wager BBI's sitting around thinking just like me...

"I'll believe it when I see it." :)

Seriously though, it's cool news... I just have grown cautious in news like this, and so when I see a company actually doing something, or actually see something at retail, then I think that'll be cool... And at that point BBI may actually think it would behoove them to use the pot or get off of it. Same with FOV, who've basically stalled their 1:18 line completely at retail locally since the WW2 stuff always moved and the modern stuff always sits... At least in my region it seems that way, and I'm hearing some similar thoughts from people more in-the-know on that line as well, but whatever floats their boat I guess.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!