Good deal on the F-14 good investment or not?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
corsair bob
Private First Class
Private First Class

Good deal on the F-14 good investment or not?

Post by corsair bob » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:51 am

I am not sure anyone else found this but there is a special lighted F-14 for a great price on Ebay (less than 270.00).
This is the best price I have seen. I am thinking about buying another one for future sales.
I figure it may go the way of the black Jolly Roger F-18 and be worth around $400 or more in a year.
What do you guys think? Do you think it is a wise investment?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MESELX:IT

toyktdlgh
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by toyktdlgh » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:31 am

I think that all depends on JSI. If they do not release this paint scheme again in the future like they say then it will be the only lighted Jolly Rodger F-14 made. Now, if they decide to re-release it especially since they have had a lot of complaints on the paint, then the newer birds would make these look obsolete. Also depends on if they ever do another lighted plane in any other scheme. If not, then these would be very rare but I would imagine they will make another one someday. Hard telling though since bbi only made a few versions of its large jets. With all the troubles we may not see another F-14 for a while. :?

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder

Post by lightning2000 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:41 am

Hello Bob,
Even though the Leopard spotted F-14 might not be to everyone's liking, I personally think there's enough buzz going for this bird which will drive up its value in the near-term. I just spoke with Merit (looking for our regular F-14 shipment) and they indicated that all of the special edition F-14s were sold out at the WOH Show. That's a good sign in and of itself, so I doubt you'll have any trouble at least recuperating your initial investment within 6 months. Wait a bit longer, and you'll likely reap a nice dividend, especially if the economy turns around for the better.

Now watch as a bidding war ensues! :)

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:22 pm

LIGHTNING2000:

Will the value of the JSI regular F-14 increase or decrease?

toyktdlgh

Re: Good deal on the F-14 good investment or not?

Post by toyktdlgh » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:31 pm

corsair bob wrote:I am not sure anyone else found this but there is a special lighted F-14 for a great price on Ebay (less than 270.00).
This is the best price I have seen. I am thinking about buying another one for future sales.
I figure it may go the way of the black Jolly Roger F-18 and be worth around $400 or more in a year.
What do you guys think? Do you think it is a wise investment?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MESELX:IT
I’m not sure how many he has but when I first looked he had three and now there’s one left. You might want to jump on that if you’re nearby. That certainly is the best price around on the lighted version.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:19 pm

all gone. spots and all.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

F-14

Post by lightning2000 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:50 pm

Hello Dragon,
Although I usually refrain from commenting on the value of an item, I'm inclined to believe that the regular version will appreciate in value as well. Keep in mind that there are few players now in the 1:18 scale market and a huge installed base of collectors willing to pay a premium for a quality product. And, with so few new releases slated for the near-term, I cant help but conclude that they'll be heavily sought after by collectors world over.

As for the proposed F-15, I too think the manufacturer ought to come out with a "host nation" version of the aircraft first, then dabble in versions based upon client nation users afterwards. There's no telling when a company like JSI might get around to offering a US-clad F-15, so going with an Israeli scheme off the bat, while an attractive option, might affect sales enough to alter future production schemes and marketing decisions.

Just my two Shekels...

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:51 pm

He just added 2 more but he had to adjust his price a bit. Still, I would rather buy from him than some of the other retailers out there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0366475067

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:42 pm

LIGHTNING2000:

Thanks. I hope you're right about both JSI F-14s increasing in value.

la817291
Corporal
Corporal

Post by la817291 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:12 am

There are now several special edition Tomcats on the evilbay .The prices are range from $320 to $340.I don't think that's a very good deal ,I'm wondering the prices will keep going up ? With those ugly spots.... :?

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:16 am

la817291 wrote:There are now several special edition Tomcats on the evilbay .The prices are range from $320 to $340.I don't think that's a very good deal ,I'm wondering the prices will keep going up ? With those ugly spots.... :?

always buy to enjoy.. u buy a house to invest u buy f14 to enjoy...

i love it spot and all.. i open the canopy and snap one of the mirror but s.. happen... i still love

buy another just to get it repainted...

some come on su
whats up doc....

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:38 am

la817291 wrote:There are now several special edition Tomcats on the evilbay .The prices are range from $320 to $340.I don't think that's a very good deal ,I'm wondering the prices will keep going up ? With those ugly spots.... :?
look at merit web page they sold out there first wave...

so the people have spoken with dollars these bird r sweet..
whats up doc....