BEST 1:18 MODERN FIGURES

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
rocky100370
Corporal
Corporal

BEST 1:18 MODERN FIGURES

Post by rocky100370 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:45 pm

Anyone know what is the best modern figure in 1:18 scale besides GI JOE? I thought FOV bravo team was pretty good the I bought some of the BBI (command force?) 2 packs and Im not impressed. Im looking for suggestions.

Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Fritzkrieg » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:34 pm

I thinks, the BBI really made the best modern figures, with there last run, of figures. I've been kit bashing FOV and BBI figures, to create better versions, than available off the shelf.

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Re: BEST 1:18 MODERN FIGURES

Post by tkjaer21 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:40 pm

rocky100370 wrote:Anyone know what is the best modern figure in 1:18 scale besides GI JOE? I thought FOV bravo team was pretty good the I bought some of the BBI (command force?) 2 packs and Im not impressed. Im looking for suggestions.
I still believe that the BBi figures are the best modern figures (Especially the later releases) over any thing out there. It does not get better than them including the 25th/Modern style G.I. Joes. Trust me, I have every single BBi figure to date and every single 25th G.I. Joe figure to date and the BBi are better for the militaristic look.

The later BBi sets & BBi Fighter Pilots are top notch with excelent articulation.

CENT-ONE
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by CENT-ONE » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:09 pm

Those bbi 2-packs aren't the same as the bbi elite force single carded figures, they're much much lower quality. The single carded figures are what you're looking for by bbi, especially the later release figures. Check this link for pics...

http://www.sshqdb.com/18/index.php?cat=63
Good Trader List
-Digger -Razor -Mowmaw -Flayrah -ThreeToughTrucks -jlspec -KWR190 -CW4USARMY -vmf214 -bravo5 -holensock -cranedriver -billgiff -Rowsdower -tparkhere

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:17 pm

It isn't fair to compare the Joes and Bbi. Joes never claimed to be pure modern military figures.

Bbi is your best bet, even though Joes beat them in the articulation department. ;)
I Tan I Epi Tas

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

bbi

Post by digger » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:44 am

BBI by far has the best modern and WWII figs. They also come apart very easily for mixing and matching heads and parts with 21C,Dragon, etc.. I've posted these pics a bunch of times but here are some examples:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:13 am

I would agree with Digger that the best modern figures are those from BBI. Their latest offerings are light years ahead of their original figures. These have the best sculpted detail, articulation, and look very professional all around.

Second best and the most easy to find are the Bravo Team/Assault Force figures at Target and TRU. They are not BBI quality, but represent standard Army, USMC and Special Ops soldiers in current uniform styles. (BBI tends to largely make Special Ops soldiers, with only a few figures that can be used as "standard" grunts). Plus, the Bravo Team figures come with some neat accessories like MRE packs, jerry cans and tools.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

digger

bbi modern

Post by digger » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:36 am

This is a decent deal, even with the 2 lousy USMC guys.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BBI-Elite-Force-US- ... 1e595fbd91

EDIT - I TAKE THAT BACK - $20 S&H!