Enough !!!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Enough !!!

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:24 am

Please God no more F-14 posts.

It is coming it has issues.

We got.

Enough is enough.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:47 am

shouldn't you be working on your customs?

:x
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:52 am

aferguson wrote:shouldn't you be working on your customs?

:x
The Saints game is about to start. So I get a break. :D

While I am at it .

OK I know Bret Farve is 40.

He looks 50.

He has a strong arm , OK.

Point made.
Last edited by pickelhaube on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:54 am

You are correct, sir ( as they would say on Johnny Carson). A couple of things though. There is so little going on in the 1/18 world that people just jump all over what is happening. Look at the last 10 to 15 threads here and you will see this site would be pretty dead without the F-14. Not defending all of the threads because I'm not getting one. Wouldn't be getting one even if they were only $100.

It looks like that in the foreseeabel future, we will have to accept lots of threads about whatever the next new release is because of the lack of much else to discuss. True, there are custom planes being made but the prices seem to be far above what the majority of our members can afford. At least far above my ability to purchase. And I am not saying they are not worth what they cost.

BELTxFED
Sergeant
Sergeant

'nuff said

Post by BELTxFED » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:00 am

Ja ...spots, tigers and smoke

learn it

live it

love it

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: Enough !!!

Post by Panther F » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:03 am

pickelhaube wrote:Please God no more F-14 posts.

It is coming it has issues.

We got.

Enough is enough.
And here I thought I was the only one that noticed that. :lol:

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:15 am

I seriously considered pre-ordering one of these things, but upon further consideration I decided against it. The roughly $250 pricetag notwithstanding, where in the heck are you going to display a behemoth like this without it becoming a giant dust magnet...?? I also considered getting one just to salt away for possible future resale, but decided against that as well. I have no doubt that everyone who ordered one of these impressive beasts is very excited about receiving it, and it will be interesting to see some pics of the actual product.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:52 am

PH,

That's really just it for me in a nutshell.

This has been just so beaten to death that honestly if the thing showed up pink at this point, I just wouldn't care. I was very excited about getting this but the endless posts just have me in a "whatever" attitude at this point.

It bothers me that so many people are concerned so much about what is basically at the end a toy. This has been a really bad year for a lot of people. A lot of people are out of work, etc. Several of them are friends of ours here on the forum. Above all else, I'd like to see these people find good jobs and have a good holiday with their families, etc.

Even though our cool toys deserve our attention, it is important to remember that they are not the entire world. There are far more serious concerns out there than the paint job of a toy F-14.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:00 pm

Coreyeagle48 wrote:PH,

This has been just so beaten to death that honestly if the thing showed up pink at this point, I just wouldn't care. I was very excited about getting this but the endless posts just have me in a "whatever" attitude at this point.

It bothers me that so many people are concerned so much about what is basically at the end a toy. This has been a really bad year for a lot of people. A lot of people are out of work, etc. Several of them are friends of ours here on the forum. Above all else, I'd like to see these people find good jobs and have a good holiday with their families, etc.

Even though our cool toys deserve our attention, it is important to remember that they are not the entire world. There are far more serious concerns out there than the paint job of a toy F-14.

Corey
If its just a toy then JSI should sell it for $70 not $270 i don't see any parents buying this for their kid to play with, i see parents buying the star wars vehicles for their kids but i don't see them buying the F-14. The F-14 is for adults
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:08 pm

How did joblessness come into the frame... This is a toy forum for toy discussion, right? Besides, anyone thinks they're gonna change the onslaught of complaining about paint, here, is diluted. :lol:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:08 pm

Quite true on all accounts.

To be fair, I totally agree with the general idea behind the recent discussions: that we are getting a highly-demanded product that is lacking in quality for a high price. A fact that is compounded by the stringent economic climate, etc. This is a very VALID concern.

However, we have taken this to the point of overkill, so enough is enough.

I'm as excited - and as disappointed - by the F-14 saga as anyone around here, but we're tearing ourselves apart with this issue.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:12 pm

As with just about anything 1/18 that's ever been produced. :wink:

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:18 pm

Believe it or not, some guys could care less about a F-14 in 1/18, at any price. Now if you are talking about a 1/18 or even 1/16 King Tiger, talk away, I'm listening, you wanna talk about stupid planes, go ahead but I'm not listening. Why am I reading this? Anything Pickel writes has to be of interest.............

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

zonetoys
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by zonetoys » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:42 pm

I'll have to agree! TTT said it! I care only about Armor and Infantry. And I always, like to see board members custom creations! I have not read the F-14 thread and there is a reason
......ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! :?
"A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge." -Oddball - "Kelly's Heros"

zonetoys
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by zonetoys » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:54 pm

Argh!!!!!
My wife just told me to get off the computer and go take my Meds!!!
"A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge." -Oddball - "Kelly's Heros"

bananapirate
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by bananapirate » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:56 pm

Threetoughtrucks wrote:Believe it or not, some guys could care less about a F-14 in 1/18, at any price. Now if you are talking about a 1/18 or even 1/16 King Tiger, talk away, I'm listening, you wanna talk about stupid planes, go ahead but I'm not listening. Why am I reading this? Anything Pickel writes has to be of interest.............

TTT
Agreed!

id buy a king tiger if it was pink with polka dots, and armor is easy to paint :wink:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:59 pm

interesting analogy with the king tiger. What if you were being asked to pay $250 for it and the zimmerit on it looked like somone had just stuck a fork in it over and over and over, so that it spoiled the entire look of the tank. Still fixable, with a lot of effort.

And let's say you'd been waitng for the KT for a long time with high expectations fueled by beautiful pre-production pictures. Only to see it's a mess.

How would you feel then?

And while i agree it's been beaten to death, so what? It's not like there's much else in 1/18 scale to talk about and this is certainly one of the biggest 1/18 scale events of all time.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

bananapirate
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by bananapirate » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:36 pm

aferguson wrote:interesting analogy with the king tiger. What if you were being asked to pay $250 for it and the zimmerit on it looked like somone had just stuck a fork in it over and over and over, so that it spoiled the entire look of the tank. Still fixable, with a lot of effort.

And let's say you'd been waitng for the KT for a long time with high expectations fueled by beautiful pre-production pictures. Only to see it's a mess.

How would you feel then?

And while i agree it's been beaten to death, so what? It's not like there's much else in 1/18 scale to talk about and this is certainly one of the biggest 1/18 scale events of all time.
Technically the zimmerit is part of the mold, in the case of the F14, the paint is what people are worrying about. The high cost isn't be from the paint but from the features instead. and $250 is nothing compared to what the FoV tanks go for :wink:

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:16 pm

If anything can all of the F-14 threads that have come up within the last few days or week just be merged with the pinned thread on the top of the page? At least then we have just one dedicated thread to talk about all of the whining will be in one thread.
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:23 pm

I'd like one eventually, but being mostly a WWII buff, I'll wait on this one a little while.

Now if it was a 1:18 P-51 B/C in "Shangri La" scheme or an Aleutians Tiger P-40E, I'd be all over it like stink on....and beg, borrow, whatever to get one.

If they never do any more F-14's after this batch, then oh well too bad for me :?

If I get some extra scratch though, I'm getting one.
Might get lucky and someone will have a really good sale, but I'm kinda skeptical about that.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:14 am

Bump :evil:

bananapirate
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by bananapirate » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:49 am

lol

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:19 am

pickelhaube wrote:Bump :evil:
angry bum :evil: I mean bump :twisted:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:08 pm

LoL

Poor PH :lol:

I am in serious need of a fix for new figures. Have no luck getting the new FOV Seals, Deltas or the paratroops

My last desperate temporary fix were a few PTE chinese troops.

SW n Joe has been less then satisfactory for me. IJ is dead.

Who or which company is gonna up their game?

With "The Pacific" coming soon, will there be new figs/vehicles from this theatre? Or is JSI re-releasing the 21st Century US & Jap marines?

I would hope to see WW2 Russians & Brits figs in the near future.

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:11 pm

Coreyeagle48 wrote:PH,

Corey
it really nice you love it...

it look better in person...

yo joe....

my sky striker is home..
whats up doc....