Helicopter pilots

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
golworth
Private First Class
Private First Class

Helicopter pilots

Post by golworth » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:46 am

Hi all,

I'm new here and writing to you from Sweden.

I am looking for some nice 1:18 helicopter pilots for my peacekeepers Blackhawk. The pilot which came with the heli is not that good.

It seems to be very hard to get hold of pilot figures in general.

I hope someone can help me?

Cheers,
Golworth

Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:48 am

Hi Golworth.
Welcome to our board.
We have a really great database of all of 21st Century, Dragon and BBI figures, tanks and vehicles made by our own Grunt1:

http://www.sshqdb.com/18/thumbnails.php?album=454
This a link to "Chopper" Harris figure from BBI. Take a look at him and there are a few others that BBI puts out. Although, in the US Toys R US is not carrying this particular figure. So, you may have a hard time finding them.
If you stay active with this board, after 6 months you can participate in our Buy/Sell/Trade section for hard to find figures.

Good Luck
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:03 am

GOLWORTH:

The BBI "Chopper Harris" Nightstalker pilots are the best I've seen. I have two on my BBI MH-6 Littlebird. Smalljoes.com has them for $14.99 each. You might also send a PM to SSHQ member Digger to see if he has any.

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:05 am

I'm gonna be different and nominate Bbi's dedicated pilot figures. I won't dispute the quality of the Chopper Harris figure or the accuracy of it's depiction of a pilot, but the old Bbi pilot figure looks like every U.S. Army helo pilot i've ever seen.

Remove Harris' flight helmet and he he doesn't look much like a pilot.

I Tan I Epi Tas

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:39 pm

I think Golworth's comment that "The pilot which came with the heli is not that good" has more to do with the sculpt than it has to do with the accuracy of the figure. At least, that's how I interpreted his comment. And I have to agree. Those big ball shoulder joints stand out too much in these figures, especially since the body is so plain. Compared to their WWII pilots, the chopper figures are light years away.

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:49 pm

He said he got a Peacekeepers Hawk. The pilot's head isn't even separate from the body on that thing.
I Tan I Epi Tas

golworth
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by golworth » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:44 am

Thanks for the replies guys and the welcome.

Yup, the "Chopper Harris" is a very nice and detailed figure and I'll be investing in a couple I think.

Indeed the pilot that comes with the Peacekeepers heli is more of a fighter pilot and well, not bery good.

Ta-152 has a point as well, it would be nice to get hold of a few old BBI pilots, manily becasue they have the "typical" look of a US army heli pilot.

Why do the "Chopper Harris" figures cost so much more thán the rest of the Elite Force figures?

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:13 am

Because they're very popular. Supply and demand.
I Tan I Epi Tas

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:25 am

You could also take a look at the GI Joe Senior Ranking Officer Air set, they are not as good as the Harris fig but with a little modding, they would look the part.

http://smalljoes.com/cgi-bin/pgen.cgi?S ... 5A-3PKACOM

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:26 am

GOLWORTH:'

The Chopper Harris pilots were discontinued about two years ago---the price skyrocketed after that.

Aviatornut.com
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Aviatornut.com » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:46 am

I can get you the Blackhawk / apache pilot with out the helmet for $5.00 if anyone is interested. Bbi has a very limited supply of them. They come in a baggie with no gear. If you want them let me know because it would take a week to get them from Hong Kong.
[email protected]

paulpratt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by paulpratt » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:49 am

Isn't the chopper harris figure a crew chief, not a pilot?
Best,
-Paul

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:57 am

PAUL PRATT:

You're right. I just checked the Chopper Harris package and he's listed as a "crew chief"....but I promoted him to pilot on my MH-6 Little Bird. :wink:

golworth
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by golworth » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:05 am

Thanks guys for help and ideas. I have a few things to work with now.

I'm going to look at Chopper Harris to crew my Blackhawk I think, th eother regular pilots seem to be very hard to get hold of.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get spare heli pilot helmets?

paulpratt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by paulpratt » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:03 am

dragon53 wrote:PAUL PRATT:

You're right. I just checked the Chopper Harris package and he's listed as a "crew chief"....but I promoted him to pilot on my MH-6 Little Bird. :wink:
I wasn't 100% on that, so i wanted to make sure. There is no problem with a promotion. I'm sure he wouldn't object anyway. :)
Best,
-Paul

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:15 am

Check Trigate customs, theymight have made a Helo Pilot Helmet, I think I saw a Fighter Pilot Helm.

golworth
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by golworth » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:31 am

Anyone heard from Aviatornut? His site seems to be down and he hasn't aswered his e-mails either.

On the subject of pilots, I have contacted Tri-gate about heli pilot helmets and I'm waiting for an answer from them. I'll keep you all posted.

Aviatornut.com
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Aviatornut.com » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:04 am

golworth wrote:Anyone heard from Aviatornut? His site seems to be down and he hasn't aswered his e-mails either.

On the subject of pilots, I have contacted Tri-gate about heli pilot helmets and I'm waiting for an answer from them. I'll keep you all posted.
Strange thing is I have not received an email. Our website is under new construction and hopefully be back up next week.
I did get the helicopter pilots in from Hong Kong and working on finding helmets for them. As they stand with out the helmet you can have them for $5.00 each.
[email protected]