1/16 Panther

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

1/16 Panther

Post by ostketten » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Just up at the Mato Toys of Canada website, 1/16th Panther RC. Four different versions including panzer grey, camo and IR equipped.

http://matomart.com/main.php
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:29 pm

Cripes, 1/16 armor just gets more and more tempting....

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:39 pm

when are they going to run out of purple paint and switch to dark brown?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:01 pm

The factory supplied paintjobs on most the RTR 1/16 scale tanks is almost an afterthought. :lol: Of the half dozen or so that I own, the only ones that had halfway decent paint jobs out of the box were the WSN T-34/85 & Tiger. Most people repaint em' anyway, so the crappy paintjobs are generally not that big of an issue.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:25 am

ostketten wrote:The factory supplied paintjobs on most the RTR 1/16 scale tanks is almost an afterthought. :lol: Of the half dozen or so that I own, the only ones that had halfway decent paint jobs out of the box were the WSN T-34/85 & Tiger. Most people repaint em' anyway, so the crappy paintjobs are generally not that big of an issue.
Yep, I'll be repainting my Tiger I this week :twisted:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:28 am

i see tamiya has a kv 2 out now. I imagine it won't be long before heng long does too.

i was watching a video of the HL kv-1 and it moves kinda herky jerky..not smooth like a real tank. Didn't care for the recoil effect at all....it ends up jumping forward. :lol: The turret turned nicely but does the turret turn 360 degrees or just 180 one way and then 180 the other way, like a bird's head?

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:39 am

i also have a question about the rc t-34 by WSN.

what is the maximum range at which you can control it.....and if you had more than one of them in close proximity to each other would one controller control all of them?

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:18 pm

The HL turrets only turns 320 degrees, in order to protect the wires from getting twisted and tangled. Some people modded the turrets and made them turn 360 degrees though.

I haven't done range testing with my tanks, but I remember controlling my T-34 up to 25 meters, but the controls became jerky after that.

And that's without the aerial. :)

And if you have two tanks with two frequencies, you can certainly run both at the same time, even if they're close to each other.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:30 pm

i see tamiya has a kv 2 out now. I imagine it won't be long before heng long does too.
Somebody already has a KV-2 conversion kit out for the HL KV-1 I believe, and there are some rumblings and rumors about an IS-2 conversion in the not too distant future IIRC.
a question about the rc t-34 by WSN. what is the maximum range at which you can control it....
While I've never attempted to test it personally, I have heard that 300 feet is about max, this seems a bit optimistic to me but 200 feet should be possible. Most people never run their tanks that far away though, several hundred feet is farther away than you might imagine.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:35 pm

ok thanks guys.

my question on frequencies was the opposite to what you are thinking.

i WANT to control several tanks at once with one controller. Are all the WSN T-34's on the same frequency so that i could control several of them at once with one controller? I know they'd all do the same thing, that's fine.

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:46 pm

aferguson wrote:Are all the WSN T-34's on the same frequency so that i could control several of them at once with one controller? I know they'd all do the same thing, that's fine.
Sounds like synchronized swimming for tanks! :lol: