Anyone have problems with Small Joes?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
gk5717
Sergeant
Sergeant

Anyone have problems with Small Joes?

Post by gk5717 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:28 pm

Would never do business with these people again, contact me for info.
Gary

Stug45
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Stug45 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:42 pm

Small Joes Testimonials.

viewtopic.php?t=18073&highlight=joes
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

Gusthebus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Gusthebus » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:15 pm

Small Joes is great, if they get your order right. When they don’t, that is when the problems start. They gave me problems on two separate orders in a row, so I will never use them again.

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:28 pm

Stug45 wrote:Small Joes Testimonials.

viewtopic.php?t=18073&highlight=joes

i love them..
whats up doc....

uksubs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Anyone have problems with Small Joes?

Post by uksubs » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:49 pm

gk5717 wrote:Would never do business with these people again, contact me for info.
Gary

I've had problem with them to :wink:
Ordered both 21'st 1/18 half tracks from them & got one half track & 40mm pack gun instead :evil: :!:
A good dealer would of just sent one half track & refunded my money but not them :!:
best thing is he think he done nothing wrong :D :!:

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:37 am

The thread originator contacted us stating that we shipped him the wrong item. Our standard procedure is to require that item to be returned, at no shipping expense to the customer, and we will replace it with the correct item (again, at no shipping expense to the customer). [We generally do not give away merchandise in these scenarios, because doing so would quickly spread across the internet and we would have a LOT more "didn't get the right item" complaints - I'm sorry folks, but that's just the way it is.]

The matter was discussed. Rather than return it, he offered (on this own) to buy the incorrectly-shipped item and we would ship out the correct item and he would not be charged any shipping.

He comes back to me three weeks later claiming we had charged him shipping. I am not sure how he arrived at this conclusion. When I explained to him that we did not, he then pointed out that Bad Cat Toys (apparently) sells one of the same items at a lower price than we do, so he some how came up with this idea by examining pricing at another online store?

Basically what this boils down to is the guy made an agreement that he now regrets because he found the item at a lower price on some other web site. He will come on here with all kinds of rationalizations about how bad our customer service is, but it was his arrangement!

[Edit: I will also point out that administration of this board is repeatedly editing my posts and removing portions of them, and failing to disclose that fact, which I happen to think is inappropriate.]
Last edited by coreystinson on Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:34 am

I've got nothing but PRAISE for smalljoes.com!
Bought from them many times in the past and will continue to do so in the future! :D :D :D :D
Nothing but GREAT service there for me!!!
A BIG TIP of the helmet to all there at smalljoes!!!

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: Anyone have problems with Small Joes?

Post by coreystinson » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:48 am

uksubs wrote: I've had problem with them to :wink:
Ordered both 21'st 1/18 half tracks from them & got one half track & 40mm pack gun instead :evil: :!:
A good dealer would of just sent one half track & refunded my money but not them :!:
best thing is he think he done nothing wrong :D :!:
Checking email records...

Seems that in your case, you sent us no less than three email about this problem over non-business days (weekend) and by Sunday evening you were completely hysterical. Your behavior was entirely unreasonable throughout the exchange. There is a saying: you get more flies with honey than vinegar.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

CrazyinTexas
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by CrazyinTexas » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:45 am

No problems at all with Small Joes.

gk5717
Sergeant
Sergeant

My side of the Small Joes story

Post by gk5717 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:55 am

Before it was edited I,m the unsrupulous customer.
Been collecting WW2 1-18th since 2000 and a member of this board since it was "Groundpounders"
About a month ago I decided to start collecting 1-18th modern stuff. Did a check of on line dealers for what they had and their prices. Bad Cat had a 21st humvee for $15, the same one Joes had for $35, but Joes had 2 21st Humvees that BadCat didn,t.
I then ordered from BadCat the $15 humvee and some other items, and also ordered from Joes the 2 humvees and some other items. BadCats order arrived correctly, but Joes order arrived with the humvee I just got from BadCats instead of one of the humvees I origionally order. I contacted Joes and they advised me to ship the wrong item back at their expense and they would ship the correct one.
I then decided why do I have to package and make a trip to the post office for THEIR MISTAKE. I contacted them again, giving them my phone number, Joes is 25 minutes from my house, to contact me to work this out. No phone call just an email. I then stated I would just keep the incorerect humvee and buy the one they failed to send however they would pay the postage, Joes agreed.
Note in either of Joes shipments was there a bill so I did not know until I received my Master Card statement yesterday of the total charge.
What Joes in fact did was add on the $10 difference in the humvees, not theivery but a back door way of getting another $10 out of me.
Hope this makes sense.
For a lousey $10 Joes has lost a customer, this was not my first order with Joes, also I hope people reading this will think twice before ordering from Joes.
Gary Kuepfert

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:20 am

ok guys......everyone has had their say. Thread closed.

If you want to discuss it further do so by email or pm please.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...