Admiral Hartmann Release Date?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Admiral Hartmann Release Date?

Post by MCalamari » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:27 pm

I was looking over militaryissue.com last night and noticed 2 CL-13s for sale. One of them was the Hartmann. Being curious I ran to Admiral's web page and it looked like it was going to be released in Sept. Admiral still had the Hartmann on preorder through their own shop.

Any news on this? Was I perhaps looking at last year's news?

-M

dragon53
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by dragon53 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:39 pm

MCALAMARI:

I think you're looking at old news. Jason of Admiral offered a special on the CL-13 for $5 and their 1/72 Panzers for $2 last April. I assume it was a clearance sale. At about the same time, Admiral announced a 1/18 Mosquito and two 1/18 World War I planes (Sopwith Camel and Fokker Triplane). There have been no updates since then.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:35 pm

Yes Harmann has been around for a long while. That news is probably from sept '08, maybe even sept '07....i didn't pay that much to the Harmann F86 as i wasn't very interested in getting one.

I think there is little doubt at this point that AT is KIA....with luck just MIA and will reappear one day.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:52 am

I had a very brief encounter with Jason early September on the net. My understanding is that Jason is busy doing some non-toy related things and is letting his business partners take care of Admiral Toys.
So I would say they are maybe riding the current financial situation out, until they are ready to release a model.
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:03 am

JAY:

That's some good news. Hopefully, their 1/18 Skyraider, Mosquito, Camel and Dauntless will become a reality. I'm really looking forward to the Camel.

skypirate
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by skypirate » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:58 am

Jay wrote:I had a very brief encounter with Jason early September on the net. My understanding is that Jason is busy doing some non-toy related things and is letting his business partners take care of Admiral Toys.
So I would say they are maybe riding the current financial situation out, until they are ready to release a model.
I'll second that. I think the current economy has produced some delays for all of us.

sledgehammer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sledgehammer » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:30 am

Historic Aviation has a admiral Patricia in stock. Well they did as of last wednesday for 80.
succesful buyers or traders: 109, pcoughran, toyktdlgh

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:20 am

I know ... old thread, but I figured I'd keep the update with the question. :)

I got a mail notification yesterday from historic aviation that my pre-order on the Hartmann was canceled because the item has been discontinued. :(

Admiral still has it on their page, but I was always hoping it would come back sometime in the next few years.

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:38 pm

MCalamari wrote:I know ... old thread, but I figured I'd keep the update with the question. :)

I got a mail notification yesterday from historic aviation that my pre-order on the Hartmann was canceled because the item has been discontinued. :(

Admiral still has it on their page, but I was always hoping it would come back sometime in the next few years.
I believe the Hartmann will be released. Admiral is hoping to release this aircraft along with The Temptation and El Diablo in very limited numbers. I think they have decided on 500 per paint scheme. This idea is not as far off as would be expected. Admiral really is trying to make a resurgence.

I know for a fact that they are trying to release these limited runs for an investor that might fund the SBD and Phantom. Yes, I said Phantom!!! They really want to get that plane out to the collectors. I have learned that it would undergo a renovation of the prototype in order to offer more variants.

Things are up in the air and I completely understand the "I will believe it when I see it" attitude; however, Admiral really is trying to please the masses and have asked me to partake in several investor's meetings in order to fund various models. They are thinking "big".

This is one of those moments in time that will either make or break the company. I really hope they make it. The people at Admiral are like family to me, literally. :wink:

Jason

P.S. A little tease......:

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:46 pm

MCalamari wrote:I know ... old thread, but I figured I'd keep the update with the question. :)

I believe the Hartmann will be released. Admiral is hoping to release this aircraft along with The Temptation and El Diablo in very limited numbers. I think they have decided on 500 per paint scheme. This idea is not as far off as would be expected. Admiral really is trying to make a resurgence.

I know for a fact that they are trying to release these limited runs for an investor that might fund the SBD and Phantom. Yes, I said Phantom!!! They really want to get that plane out to the collectors. I have learned that it would undergo a renovation of the prototype in order to offer more variants.

Things are up in the air and I completely understand the "I will believe it when I see it" attitude; however, Admiral really is trying to please the masses and have asked me to assist in several investor's meetings in order to fund various models. They are thinking "big".

This is one of those moments in time that will either make or break the company. I really hope they make it. The people at Admiral are like family to me, literally. :wink:

Jason

P.S. A little tease and its production mate in the background......:
And another thing that will come out of the new investor's relationship:

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:00 pm

Thanks Jason!

I preordered with Historic Aviation late in the game, and can easily preorder elsewhere.

My question: does that help? :)

fightin
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by fightin » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:56 pm

I really hope Admiral will make it. Their previous models look phantastic, and I know a couple of guys here that are also eagerly anticipating some of Admiral's future releases, like the Skyraider or the Phantom.

One thing Admiral should pay close attention to is not to do the same mistake as JSI - just leave the paint scheme as it is. Just don't try something risky and mess around with weathering brush :wink:
We still need more new 1/18 aircraft!

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:21 am

Pfsst. Phantom. Yawn. Just kidding, a Phantom would be the showpiece of my collection. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it comes alive. :D
Last edited by vulgarvulture on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:24 am

believe it when i see it!
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:24 am

If JSI can sell their F-14, Admiral can sell the F-4 and I think it would do very well. Everyone I know whats it and the Skyraider.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Airacobra » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:31 am

Well, I hope they release all the aircraft they announced. Still have my order for 2 Dauntless's at MTS and would love a Skyraider and F-4. All three are must haves in my opinion. The WWI birds would be awesome as well, but I'm just hoping they release the Dauntless and go from there.
"What a magnificent aeroplane! They could have all their Spitfires and Mustangs!"
Roland "Bee" Beamont, Tempest Wing Commander

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:22 pm

Great news!!! I seriously hope everything works out for Admiral Toys. I'd love to add the Skyraider and F-4 to my collection.

Thank you for dropping in Jason. It's always great to hear from you.... :D
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:14 am

Those birds certainly look nice.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:56 am

The Phantom is just as classic and recognizable of an aircraft as the F-14. Despite the negativity that developed on this forum, all indications seem to show that the JSI F-14 sold very well (even with the spots). I think the F-4 would do likewise. JSI has shown no prospects of making an F-4 and that only leaves All Go which could reboot the 21c project. I have a feeling that even in its comatose state, AT is further along with the F-4 project than 21c/All Go are.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:24 pm

Phantom, did i hear 1/18 Phantom.
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Phabulous Phantoms Phorever rule the sky
and Starfighters Rule the Stars

http://WWW.Panda-Hobby.COM

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:17 pm

Thanks for the info and pics Jason. Is that a Texan behind the F-4 or the SBD? :-)

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:44 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:Despite the negativity that developed on this forum, all indications seem to show that the JSI F-14 sold very well (even with the spots). I think the F-4 would do likewise.
I'd buy two regular F-4s. I have fond memories of them doing touch-n-gos over my house. :)

A Thunderbirds deco would be great too!

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:22 am

as a F-4 nut, i would need many of them. :mrgreen:

fightin
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by fightin » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:40 am

I'd love to have one wearing the green/brown camo scheme. That would be so cool! 8)
We still need more new 1/18 aircraft!

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:56 am

i would be doing several repaints :lol: