BadCat's Opinion on 1:18 Subjects

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
STUKA
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by STUKA » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:15 pm

honestly I really wanted to purchase planes and tanks at full price. The stores kept putting them on clearance - once I was about to complain and ask to be charged the full amount
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

skypirate
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Re: BadCat's Opinion on 1:18 Subjects

Post by skypirate » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:08 pm

vulgarvulture wrote:1. Me-163--In 1:18 scale, this popular model would be simple, small, available in numerous schemes and very, very popular. Nothing but up-side here. No big props to break (that little generator prop doesn't count). The landing gear is a removable trolley. The wingspan would only be 20 inches. Numerous MRC Easy Model 1:72 schemes all sold well. Its German, and in the military toy business, German sells. All available in a package that would probably retail for less than $50. Elementary, my dear Watson, elementary. In light of this, why are $200+ Su-27s even being considered? Come on manufacturers, wise up, stop reaching, get smart and make this plane.
German sells, especially any of the mainstream wunder weapons. Anything that gave the Germans a false sense of hope (considering the actual combat kills to losses). The Komet makes perfect sense to me in the current economic environment. Popular, simple, cheap, broad potential audience.

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:58 am

I agree, the Komet is where it's at.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]