Monkey Depot Service?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
evilanimation
Sergeant
Sergeant

Monkey Depot Service?

Post by evilanimation » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:53 pm

Ok i know Monkey Depot rocks and all and increased everyone's collection 10 fold but has anyone had bad service yet? I'm just wondering because they will not respond to my emails about leaving out figures from my order. They refunded the cost of the figures which were the Vietnam dusty figures .50 each totaled 1.50 for 3 of them, but i was kinda mad because for me to reorder those figures it would cost me $9. Am i making a big deal about this, because i didn't screw up when ordering, they just didn't give me my total order. You tell me, and they will not respond to my emails.

gburch
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gburch » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:00 pm

I've had good service from them. I had a delivery that was missing a part and they handled it well.

CrazyinTexas
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by CrazyinTexas » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:37 pm

I had an issue with a flak that I was going to keep in the box. About a month after I ordered it I opened it up and found out the elevation was stuck and when it did finally move it would pop out of the holding. I had to glue it in place. They did care because it was after the 5 day? inspection period. They also sent the wrong color pak, sold me the wrong one for $4 and sent the other one out asap. You should try to call them.

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:12 pm

Yep, I'd call them. I had a problem resolved quickly and easily that way.
Call' em.

Jeffrey
Now I have a machine gun (SPACE GUN!). Ho ho ho.

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:46 pm

I had one order where they sent the wrong item. Sent an e-mail and the correct item was sent in about 24 hr, so overall great service.

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:36 pm

'get your hands off my XD you damn dirty ape!'
Just kidding, I just wanted to say that for a while.
I had one issue recently when they shipped my the wrong Pak-40.
I ordered the camo and they shipped the gray. No big deal really.
I haven't called them, I think I'll just paint it my self.
Out of several orders that is the only issue I've had.
When down from the clouds with our weapons of Hell, we drop to avenge our friends who fell.

immeww2
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by immeww2 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:32 pm

I've only had 2 errors occur on the many orders I've placed with MD.. One of them involved a broken axle on the WC-51 truck when it arrived. I e-mailed them about the problem and they refunded the full purchase price of the truck and they even let me keep the truck! The most recent one is they omitted several figures from the order I placed. Again,. I sent them an e-mail and they refunded the purchase price of the omitted figures. I have have been very pleased with their response time and service.

evilanimation
Sergeant
Sergeant

Ya they refunded my money

Post by evilanimation » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:16 pm

They refunded my money equaling a $1.50 for three figures, but for me to reorder these 3 figures it will cost $9 bucks. That's my big deal, i also clearly stated in my email i want the figures and not a refund, got a refund anyways.

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:27 am

I will tell you as a vendor that receiving complaints about quality on items that are being blown out the door at next to nothing is kind of annoying. Maybe it shouldn't be, but it is anyway.

Yes, the consumer has a right to complain, but I have to wonder if it is even worth their time to complain about some minor issue on a $24 item they received for $4 - I mean, c'mon!

As for the missing figures - they refunded you because, let's face it, at 50 cents / figure they aren't making anything on them and the shipping on them is costing 5x as much as the figures.

Again, you contractually have the right to complain in all of these cases but is it worth your time, and starting up a whole thread on this board, to complain about a missing 50 cent figure from an order when it was made right anyway (just not in the exact way you might have wanted)?
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:26 am

Did you select the "Notify me if an item is out of stock" (or whatever is its name) option? If so, they should have contacted you in case an item was missing from your order. Otherwise, they'll simply refund you and that's the end of it. At least, according to their policy.

Mr. Monkey's checkout page reads thus:

"Unless a major portion of your order is out of stock, our normal policy is to cancel and refund any out of stock items and ship what is in stock. You can choose to have us notify you of any out of stock items prior to shipping, but this will delay your order as we will have to wait to hear back from you. Would you like us to contact you if any item is out of stock? Yes/No"

So there you have it.

evilanimation
Sergeant
Sergeant

Monkey Depot

Post by evilanimation » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:20 am

So i can see that everyone else has had great service and yes Monkey Depot has sold us some great stuff. Corey ever bought something from Mcdonalds and they left it out of your order? This has annoyed me a little just like that would annoy anyone. Anyways i didn't mean to get everyone all upset.

evil

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:14 am

Service has been great. The issue I had on one shipment was that FedEx crunched the shipment and MD had to rebox and resend (product was ok).

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:30 am

I have had great service from MD on my multi orders (maybe we need to start the Monkey Depot anonymous club? :wink: ) I had one item that had a missing piece that looked like a MFG defect and not caused by MD.
They gave me 10.00 off the price of my 88.

On the issue of the missing .50 cent figures, MD may not be making anything on that figure- but on a WHOLE they must be making something on all this surplus 1/18 21stC items or they wouldn't be selling them!
Plus, on a customer service side - this is a customer satisfaction issue.
Evilanimation did not get what he ordered, period! What if he was trying to complete his collection or trade with another board member and needed that figure to do it?
Corey, I am sure you have had things like this come up with your business and had to eat cost to satisfy a customer?
Besides, us East coast guys don't want to pay the higher shipping cost to have the 3 missing figures resent, as we are losing money.
Razor
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:21 am

i will say they dont respond quickly,but i had an xd plane come in damaged and they refunded me in full and let me keep the plane.
cant beat that
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:54 am

there shipping is fast... they respond to my email...

and there price is great...

cann't say more..
whats up doc....

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:45 pm

I've had great service from them in the past. Recently though they have lost some ground on the whole pumped up shipping prices. I emailed them asking why the prices have almost tripled but they haven't responded. So I guess it's a case of........ Moneydepot is great!(but only if your geographically close to them :roll: ).
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

cornbreadfred
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by cornbreadfred » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:47 pm

I got a ME262 Nightfighter some time back from Monkey Depot, and the service was great.
Fred, really looking forward to the JSI 1/18th scale Grumman F-14 Tomcat.

PanzerArm

Proximity to MD

Post by PanzerArm » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:59 pm

Jay wrote:Moneydepot is great!(but only if your geographically close to them :roll: ).
Very true, I live 20 minutes from their store and have obviouslynot had the complaints about shipping costs that I see pretty frequently here. Too bad it's the only store around here of its kind

-Kevin

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:35 pm

EVERYTHING I have ordered from Monkey Depot has been excellent and shipped promptly.

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:22 pm

Me too, no complaints.
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:47 pm

Perfect Service
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!