Admiral 1/18 Mosquito

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Black_Dragon_One
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Fri May 29, 2009 12:20 am

yes i need another plane... yes...
whats up doc....

snake

Post by snake » Fri May 29, 2009 12:38 am

Very nice looking prototype.
A brave,but smart choice.Something completely new,that there is a real demand for.One of the most beautiful,and fastest aircraft of WWII.Collectors that already have all the other warbirds,will be all over this.
I prefer the bomber version myself,but I would buy at least one of every variant that AT would make.
I think that this would be a BIG hit,if it was released.

Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Spudkopf » Fri May 29, 2009 2:14 am

G'day Jason

Nice one!

Glad to see that you've (apparently) chosen to start with the Fighter Bomber variant. Should also be a big seller in all the Commonwealth countries that supplied so many pilots and navigators to fly these for the RAF.

I'd love to someday see an aircraft in the markings of Group Captain Percy Charles 'Pick' Pickard and navigator Flight-Lieutenant Alan 'Bill' Broadley that was sadly lost during the daring yet controversial "Operation Jericho" (or any of the ships from No. 464 Squadron RAAF, No. 487 Squadron RNZAF, or No. 21 Squadron RAF of the 2nd TAF for that matter, the famed Gestapo hunters!. For those who wish to read more about their exploits may I suggest “And the walls came tumbling down”, “The Sixth Floor’, “The Gestapo Hunters” or Osprey’s Combat Aircraft 4 : Mosquito Bomber/Fighter-Bomber Units 1942-45).

Better still a Mosquito in the standard RAF Grey and Green scheme devoid of individual aircraft codes would make an ideal customising base!

All in all, Two Thumbs Up!

And by the way, congatulations to "tailhook" for his guess back on 09/02/09 over at the C.A. site.....

1. A-10..Thunderbolt II...Desert Storm I & II
2. F-14D Tomcat... Gaurantee 5 kids in my house know this A/C best, as well as Specs, Performance, Units, History,
3. British Mosquito... more than plenty of these around Houston in the warm season.
Of course these are just my own personal W.A.G.'s
Last edited by Spudkopf on Fri May 29, 2009 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
SPUD

Something's up with photobucket?????

Yoxford
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Yoxford » Fri May 29, 2009 3:13 am

Thank you Jason! I know when it is ready it will be one thoroughly engineered, researched and produced 1/18 aircraft. Well done!
...all the best to you & Roy.
The sign of a great model is that one’s eye is not drawn to any one feature, yet one can study it for hours and continually find something new.

ExC17load
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ExC17load » Fri May 29, 2009 4:02 am

Awesome! Thanks Jason, I look forward to buying one or more of those beauties!
"I can stop collecting 1:18 scale anytime, really I can. OOoh, the new Stuka re-paint! I don't have that one.

gburch
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gburch » Fri May 29, 2009 4:22 am

It'll happen when it happens, is what I think. If someone has a few hundred thousand dollars lying around to finance the production, it might happen quicker.

In the meantime, just the idea of it is pretty damned cool.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Fri May 29, 2009 5:28 am

A 1/18 Mosquito will definitely be on of the very few planes I allow to be on display with my vehicles and dollies.

Excellent choice. :wink:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Fri May 29, 2009 6:11 am

Good show, Jason. :D

Jeffrey
Now I have a machine gun (SPACE GUN!). Ho ho ho.

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Fri May 29, 2009 7:44 am

Sweetness!
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

Pa Deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Pa Deuce » Fri May 29, 2009 7:50 am

normandy wrote:Very Cool! Now my Me-262 night fighter has something to hunt....
:wink:

Jason, if you're reading this - fantastic model!!! I can't wait! 8)
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z144/b_daddyj/F-14.gif[/img]

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri May 29, 2009 9:59 am

AWESOME!!

I am really glad to see Admiral Toys tackling this plane! It was such an important Allied fighter that it is surprising it was not made yet. The plane will be large, but not too large. Just a little larger than the XD P-38. Are the pictures on the CollectorsAccess forum a full scale prototype or production sample?

If it came to having to choose one or the other, I would probably choose the AT Mosquito over the JSI F-14, but that is just me.

On the other hand, while I'm very glad to see Admiral proposing this plane, I also have to wonder about the status of the Dauntless and Skyraider. Those have been on the burner for a while, and we have yet to see the finished product... I would hope that AT would finish those projects before the Mosquito. Hopefully with JSI and their large jets in the picture now, Admiral can now wake up from their slumber :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Fri May 29, 2009 10:04 am

More awesome news!!

With Admiral behind creating this plane, I know it will get the royal treatement... :wink: :D
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Fri May 29, 2009 11:04 am

tmanthegreat wrote:AWESOME!!

I am really glad to see Admiral Toys tackling this plane! It was such an important Allied fighter that it is surprising it was not made yet. The plane will be large, but not too large. Just a little larger than the XD P-38. Are the pictures on the CollectorsAccess forum a full scale prototype or production sample?

If it came to having to choose one or the other, I would probably choose the AT Mosquito over the JSI F-14, but that is just me.

On the other hand, while I'm very glad to see Admiral proposing this plane, I also have to wonder about the status of the Dauntless and Skyraider. Those have been on the burner for a while, and we have yet to see the finished product... I would hope that AT would finish those projects before the Mosquito. Hopefully with JSI and their large jets in the picture now, Admiral can now wake up from their slumber :wink:
Good post Tman..
And not saying anything bad about Admiral Toys, but Admiral needs to understand that people here would be less skeptical (and less negative) if AT can put something on the shelves rather than announcing something and it never seeing the light of day. I would love to see AT make this just to say they did, and it would also prove the naysayers wrong...
It would also bode well for AT to give folks a headsup just to let them know what is and isn't going to be a realistic item. Just a list saying "yeah, this is going to be made" or "No, sorry it won't".
Inquiring minds want to know.... :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Fri May 29, 2009 11:54 am

hworth18 wrote:

Good post Tman..
And not saying anything bad about Admiral Toys, but Admiral needs to understand that people here would be less skeptical (and less negative) if AT can put something on the shelves rather than announcing something and it never seeing the light of day. I would love to see AT make this just to say they did, and it would also prove the naysayers wrong...
It would also bode well for AT to give folks a headsup just to let them know what is and isn't going to be a realistic item. Just a list saying "yeah, this is going to be made" or "No, sorry it won't".
to the defense of jason.. he has always been on the up and up with us...

the f4 were ready to go before the price war with 21st....

at is a independent own company and they are not as large as bbi.. there stuff comes out when AT can best get it out.. when AT say they make i believe it...Remember Jason doesn't have to give us squat he here because he loves the hobby...
whats up doc....

Pa Deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Pa Deuce » Fri May 29, 2009 12:34 pm

hworth18 wrote:And not saying anything bad about Admiral Toys, but Admiral needs to understand that people here would be less skeptical (and less negative) if AT can put something on the shelves rather than announcing something and it never seeing the light of day.
My sentiments exactly - too many vapor birds. I think it ultimately does more harm in blowback than anything, but I have $$$ and I'm ready to spend it on something good...
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z144/b_daddyj/F-14.gif[/img]

tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by tankduel » Fri May 29, 2009 1:53 pm

Thanks for the news Jason. I'm in for sure, my dad was a Mozzie pilot with the RAF .
Nev

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:15 pm

I am definitely buying this one along with the Skyraider and Dauntless. AT is getting better at everything that they do. I can't wait for the WWI birds as well.

In some ways, I wish that 21C had went out of business earlier so that we would already have these great planes. :twisted:

kevrut

Post by kevrut » Fri May 29, 2009 3:50 pm

Sweet! :P

olifant

Post by olifant » Fri May 29, 2009 4:53 pm

hworth18 wrote:

Good post Tman..
Agreed. I have put my money where my mouth is with AT and my only complaint is that I can't spend more! However, I am pretty sure the CC I used to pre-order the Dauntless is no longer active. A bird in the hand...
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Fri May 29, 2009 4:58 pm

IF AT does not make the Mosquito there will be civil unrest... Afreg will get on his horse "see his avatar" and ride on down to Texas to pay you guys a visit.... :lol:
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Fri May 29, 2009 8:24 pm

Is the model in the photos an actual 1:18 plane, or just a 1:48 paint demo?

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Fri May 29, 2009 8:33 pm

Looks good Jason. I'll be getting one. I don't really mind when you release it....good things take time:D
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Fri May 29, 2009 8:50 pm

Jason any time frame when we will see the Mosquito? rough estimate will be fine. :wink:

also will there be removable engine cowlings on this bird?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Fri May 29, 2009 9:14 pm

AT is getting better at everything that they do. I can't wait for the WWI birds as well.
F-86
Me -262

That's it for planes...your statement implies a ton of products. What, one 1/72 Tank?

I could be mistaken however. Nothing against Jason and AT or any other manufactuer, etailer store etc...

I really don't understand the continual advance announcement of a product that no one is able to buy "now" perhaps the annoucement is used to line up product buyers from stores and such, but I would think a real product ready to market in say 6 weeks would intice buyers to add the item to their inventory.

A better anouncement would be to wait until it's on the water or just passed customs, you can always bind store and etailers to a non disclosure agreement provided they have first crack off the boat.

What hampers the sales and release schedules too is this exclusive seller contracts, that implies a store has sponsored an item which also slows down production because now you have just added another higher level of management to make decisions and effectively lost control of your project.

Because now you have to pass your ideas up the chain and wait...for someone else to say yes or no...

Never sign an exclusive contract as it hampers your ability to create mutliple lines of income. Let EVERYONE buy it.

Just make a decision and GO.

Rest assured I'll be the first to order one and I will love to add the AT 1/18 Mosquito to my collection as it was one of the first 1/32 Revell Kits I had.

Just GO, full speed and we realize these 1/18 items aren't $20K Czech handcrafted masterpieces so a little imperfection is to be expected.

DH

Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Spudkopf » Sat May 30, 2009 2:30 am

Teamski wrote:Is the model in the photos an actual 1:18 plane, or just a 1:48 paint demo?

-Ski
Ski

I had been thinking along the same lines, and after some close scrutiny of the published images and comparing these to images on the net I'd hazard a guess that the model may be that of the Tamiya 1/48 scale kit, as many of the engraved details that I can see, the landing gear struts and other details would appear to be identical with that kit, I’d be glad to proven wrong though.
Last edited by Spudkopf on Sat May 30, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPUD

Something's up with photobucket?????