JSI disapointment

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by VMF115 » Thu May 28, 2009 1:08 am

I would rather shell out 300 bucks for a USAF F-15E and a Su-27 in Russian markings...I might wait till they make those repaints unless they sell at a cheaper price and will only probably only be able to afford just one of each...sorry but money is tight these days and I want what I want.
I am not being negative
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Thu May 28, 2009 1:13 am

VMF115 wrote:I would rather shell out 300 bucks for a USAF F-15E and a Su-27 in Russian markings...I might wait till they make those repaints unless they sell at a cheaper price and will only probably only be able to afford just one of each...sorry but money is tight these days and I want what I want.
I am not being negative
that might be the issue.. for me i always buy just to have one.. if it is cheaper i buy more... just in case they may not produce any more.. i know i kick my self in the as.. if i fail to pick up one...
whats up doc....

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Thu May 28, 2009 1:17 am

i sure hope they come out with it... it would be so sweet to have them hanging.. i get some guy to adds flashing lights and motorize swing wing...

i bought some cheap flashing candle from the rite aide for $.50 each.. i am already bring on the big bird baby..
whats up doc....

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Thu May 28, 2009 1:18 am

i repeat to myself please don't disappoint please don't disappoint.
whats up doc....

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

price and time

Post by supersonicfifi » Thu May 28, 2009 2:30 am

hey guys here is my experience : a few years back (in the middle of my 1/18 frenzy) i hesitated in buying some 1/72 jets from GAINCORP ( in particular the SU 33 naval FLANKER & SU 34 ) now theses models reach 250 US$ on ebay ! i can kick myself for my hesitation ! It's the same with century wings F 14 (1/72 in catapult launch position) now the prices are so high that it's crazy ! :shock:

That's why i will buy evry JSI model as soon as they are available ! Of course i prefer an dark F15E but the ISRAELI colors will add some colors to the other grey jets !

I really hope the F14 will be in jolly rogers colors (even the low vis colors will do !)

For the Su 30 i think this one is really smart even if i really hate the chinese regime (I am just too CRAZY about the Flanker familly to pass this one ! :evil: )

So my advice is GRAB THEM AS SOON AS YOU CAN or you will regret it !!!!!! 8)

(I've done it with the BLUE ANGELS F 18 : it was 79 US$ at the moment of release , i bought it 2 years later for 99 US $ and now you can see the prices on ebay !!!!!!!!!)
1/18 mirage 2000 & RAFALE should i say more ?

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu May 28, 2009 3:03 am

But close to 300 bucks a pop how many are going to jump on a paint scheme they don't want...especially if they believe jsi will eventually make one they want..... just a little common sense here

I am sure they will sell what ever they make and some will hold out for the the one they want.....

I hope to see a single seat flanker from them as well
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by supersonicfifi » Thu May 28, 2009 7:14 am

I agree but since thoses companies are really impacted by this crisis i think i will get one even if its not the perfect scheme.... because i don't want to look for one one ebay in 2011 at 999US$ !!!!! you never know ....

I am kind of paranoid because of my recent experience with the gaincorp 1/72 SU 34 (two front seater of the flanker) the last one went on ebay for 256 US $ !!!!!!!!!!! last week !!!!!!!!!

So if you take the same trend for our 1/18 ( 69 X 4 ... 300 X 4 = 1200 US $ in case JSI diseappear !!!!)

Here is my point ..... so the ISRAELI SCHEME will do fine for me ....

If they release a GULF WAR version of the F 15 E (have you red the book from M. SMALLWOODS about strike eagles in the gulf ? it's intersting) I will stock the israeli verion in my storage....
1/18 mirage 2000 & RAFALE should i say more ?

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Thu May 28, 2009 8:56 am

supersonicfifi wrote:I agree but since thoses companies are really impacted by this crisis i think i will get one even if its not the perfect scheme.... because i don't want to look for one one ebay in 2011 at 999US$ !!!!! you never know ....

I am kind of paranoid because of my recent experience with the gaincorp 1/72 SU 34 (two front seater of the flanker) the last one went on ebay for 256 US $ !!!!!!!!!!! last week !!!!!!!!!

So if you take the same trend for our 1/18 ( 69 X 4 ... 300 X 4 = 1200 US $ in case JSI diseappear !!!!)

Here is my point ..... so the ISRAELI SCHEME will do fine for me ....

If they release a GULF WAR version of the F 15 E (have you red the book from M. SMALLWOODS about strike eagles in the gulf ? it's intersting) I will stock the israeli verion in my storage....
or just resale one and buy a new one..
whats up doc....

art2614
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by art2614 » Thu May 28, 2009 5:09 pm

Oh Noes the world is coming to an end! Everyone take shelter!

Come on guys, if you dont like what you see then don't buy it.

Simple as that, you could always go back to what ever other hobby you were into before 1/18.
A place for 1/18 chit chat with no BS
www.fighting118th.com
[img]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w26/KISSDAWIND/temp_logo.jpg[/img]

BELTxFED
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by BELTxFED » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:08 pm

Limited edition...

Heck with the idea

I wanna take it outta the box, play with it and display it

But nooo, now it's gotta be "stored MIB in a smoke free, light free, temperature controlled environment" cuz we just gotta get $500 for it on ebay

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:38 pm

I don't give a good god damn about reselling it. If it's $300 then so be it. I'll buy it, play with it, display it and cherish it... A DAMN F-14 and F-15 and a Flanker...
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/alloyskull101/siggygpxd-1.gif[/img]
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:09 am

Limited production and higher prices are all well and good, but if the bar is going to be raised in terms of cost, then we need to see some really exciting pieces to justify the expense. At least I do. I'm not gonna drop a pile of cash on a piece just so I can attempt to customize it into something else. Repainting is one thing; having to pull out the Dremel is another(and a pain in the behind).
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields