Question about Monkey Depot?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
art2614
Sergeant
Sergeant

Question about Monkey Depot?

Post by art2614 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:44 pm

I have a question that I would like some help with, I havent purchased much from MD but last week I bought An Avenger Flight 19 and it arrived today. When I opened it the first thing I noticed was that the box containing the plane was not sealed. It had been opened on one end. Is this a common practice at MD? It wasnt listed as opened box or MIB. It looks like it was never removed from the tray but the box looks pretty beat up. Its sad because the art work on the box is amazing. I really would have liked to display it in the box. Another thing is that how do I know if anything was removed from the box? How can I find out if it is complete? I got it at a graet price 39.99

Buckyroo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Buckyroo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:03 pm

All the 21st Century stuff that MD has been discounting was warehouse leftovers. They have been moved a few times and a damaged box doesn't sound out of the norm. I purchased things from them recently and some boxes came in good shape and others were not so good. No damaged material other than the boxes.

It's too bad that your box was damaged, but I don't think there is much that can be done about it. This is all just my $.02 so take it for what it's worth. :wink:

Kris

NSA
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by NSA » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:31 pm

I have gotten a few items with the plastic "bubble" pushed in, and the dang peanuts got inside, but other than that I've had nothing but wonderious service from MD.

Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Dauntless » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:11 pm

Is the alien missing? Unless it's flight leader Taylor I would be checking first for that as he came with the rest of the Avengers.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

art2614
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by art2614 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:26 am

Dauntless wrote:Is the alien missing? Unless it's flight leader Taylor I would be checking first for that as he came with the rest of the Avengers.
No alien, it was the flight leader Taylor. O'well It was still a good buy, I will display it out of the box. I still really like the art work though :D