figure info

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
HIDEOUS ONE
Corporal
Corporal

figure info

Post by HIDEOUS ONE » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:38 pm

I have two questions, for anyone. first I am trying to find out what rank the first series U.S. officer is supposed to be. Is he a captain? what do the two vertical stripes on his helmet signify? My second question is about the german paratroops. The para that came with the bazooka is dressed in a tan jumpsmock, much like the para that comes ready to jump with kneepads. I am trying to figure out where they would have been deployed when they were issued the tan jumpsmock. Would this be for Montecassino, Crete, North Africa? Any help with these questions will be appreciated, and if there are any helpful links that anyone might have that would be appreciated as well.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:49 pm

I can answer your first question with certainty - the S1 XD WWII US Officer is indeed a captain, as the double bars on the front of the helmet signify. The white stripe on the back may signify the 1st Infantry Division, which that figure (as well as the US Infantry and BAR Gunner figures from the same series) have the markings.

As for the German paratrooper I am less certain, but it seems to have a Mediterranean cammo scheme. Given that the invasion of Crete is one of the most well known instances involving the use of the Falschrimjagers in the Mediterranean theater, the figure is probably from that campaign. The Germans did use Paratroopers in North Africa once (to counter Operation Torch), but they more often fought as ground troops.

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:17 pm

The German FJ figure l believe is set for around the Monte Cassino time frame.

Though with that,the tan could really be used for Crete also & even for the Russian Front in the Summer time.

Though to tell you the truth,wouldn`t surprise me if the Tan uniforms were seen throught all fronts & all times of the years. What with there supply lines suffering the linger the war went on.

SB

normandy

figure info

Post by normandy » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:19 pm

The answer to your first question ... well your correct Captain. The two vertical stripes signify that rank.
As for your second question, I think its safe to say the time frame would be 1940 - 1944. I'm looking at a copy of Fallschirmjager in Action by Squadron publications. It seems that the tan tan jump smock saw service thur most of the war. There were different styles or models, this had to do with the number of pockets,zippers,snaps or buttons and so on.......... In 1/18th the amount of detail is fine, its a tan jump smock. These two figures would fit in Holland, Crete, North Africa and Italy.
Hope this helps Oh and the book is around $8.00 - $10.00

HIDEOUS ONE
Corporal
Corporal

info

Post by HIDEOUS ONE » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:06 pm

Thanks guys for the help, now i have only one more question. What rank is the two vertical bars with two horizontal lines connecting them?