LOOK INSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General

LOOK INSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by VMF115 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:32 pm

military collectors unite....we will not go down with out a fight
I have received information that WM is going to do away with military related collectibles and focus their toy department on toddlers....I have done all my research and contacted folks at WM who ave said this is true...... it seems that WM is going to give 21st the axe.........one of my contacts say that there is no demand and that they don't think there is a strong enough fanbase to justify this hobby.

WE need to shout at them and shout at them loud make your self heard and heard often. this is also not about 1/18th but all the other ones as well...

We must do something and we must do something now!!!!!!

put your differences aside if you are in the admirals catageory

I also have a Goodies for you I have received the email from a close E-etailer...tell every one you know..post them on all websites you belong too....

Andrew.Tucker at wal-mart.com

Laura.Phillips at wal-mart.com

please put in the @ I removed it. :wink:
Last edited by VMF115 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MG-42

* No 21st. @ WAL* MART ?

Post by MG-42 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:41 pm

* Now I know why I have not seen one 21st. item @ WAL* MART .

...... whether it be XD to 32x . What a shame ! * :cry:

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

VMF115

Re: * No 21st. @ WAL* MART ?

Post by VMF115 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:51 pm

MG-42 wrote:* Now I know why I have not seen one 21st. item @ WAL* MART .

...... whether it be XD to 32x . What a shame ! * :cry:

Mitch v MG
draft a email and tell them both :wink:

that's right send both of them emails

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:04 pm

:evil: :(
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:17 pm

While I will miss the low prices and the thrill of the hunt, I don't consider it a tragedy, especially since Walmart ONLY carried 21st. And I won't miss the frustration of not finding the stuff I want or fighting with a mob of 4 year olds to get through the aisles.

There are other retailers, both brick-and-mortar and on the web, who have been and will continue to be reliable suppliers. Even if they no longer carry 21st (who may well be finished), there are other manufacturers. And nature abhors a vacuum - someone else will step in, especially now that they don't have to deal with threats and "we're making one too, but cheaper and bigger" challenges.

This could be the end of bargain prices (at least when MD's sale ends), but it could be the beginning of a new era of variety - just look what it has done on this board with offerings from Pickelhaube and the Hun!
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:18 pm

Doesn't surprise me, they were the literal death of 21st for instance anyway imo. How the hell do they know the demand, half the time the morons put the crap on clearance as soon as it hit the shelf with no previous stock in hand plus how many stores carried the same thing? NONE!!! How many stores never carried anything? ALOT!!! They don't have a clue to the demand of this stuff. It'll be up to the online etailers to keep 1/18 alive because TRU, WM, and Target have all proven they have the marketing skills of a friggin' rock! :evil:
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:28 pm

Guy please send an email....please

its not just 21st century toys that will be effected......

no more GI Joes no more star wars no more of anything unless it for 3 year old

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:36 pm

I doubt WM would walk away from cash cows like Star Wars, GI Joe, or Transformers. If they plan to get out of "collectible toys", that means no more Hot Wheels, either... I don't see that happening...
Verraten und verkauft,
Verraten und verkauft,
H.R.K 1993

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: WM no longer going to sell toy collectables

Post by coreystinson » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:43 pm

VMF115 wrote: WE need to shout at them and shout at them loud make your self heard and heard often. this is also not about 1/18th but all the other ones as well...
And how might we go about doing this? By telling them to offer new product, then not buying it until they put it on clearance? :)
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

paulpratt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by paulpratt » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:44 pm

There is no way they are leaving star wars, gi joe, transformers, hot wheels, etc. Not to mention two of those brands have huge blockbuster movies coming out. These items aren't listed in the wal-mart computer system as collectibles. Those are the prime boys toys and probably generate the most revenue for the department as a whole. Collectibles are a niche within there system, such as things by 21st that don't really fit into a category of their own. The traditional action figure fare are still going to remain safe at wal-mart.
Best,
-Paul

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:46 pm

FieroDude wrote:I doubt WM would walk away from cash cows like Star Wars, GI Joe, or Transformers. If they plan to get out of "collectible toys", that means no more Hot Wheels, either... I don't see that happening...
Don't forget the wrestling figures :wink:
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:51 pm

FieroDude wrote:I doubt WM would walk away from cash cows like Star Wars, GI Joe, or Transformers. If they plan to get out of "collectible toys", that means no more Hot Wheels, either... I don't see that happening...
they say they are not making them or the growth has slowed down

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:52 pm

Stug45 wrote: Don't forget the wrestling figures :wink:
We can still dream, can't we?
Verraten und verkauft,
Verraten und verkauft,
H.R.K 1993

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:20 pm

coreystinson wrote:
VMF115 wrote: WE need to shout at them and shout at them loud make your self heard and heard often. this is also not about 1/18th but all the other ones as well...
And how might we go about doing this? By telling them to offer new product, then not buying it until they put it on clearance? :)
LOL!!!! :lol:

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:33 pm

GooglyDoogly wrote:
coreystinson wrote: And how might we go about doing this? By telling them to offer new product, then not buying it until they put it on clearance? :)
LOL!!!! :lol:
Yes, that was a good one.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:59 pm

VMF115 wrote:
they say they are not making them or the growth has slowed down
Sorry but that information is highly inaccurate... :?: ...Hasbro is definitely making GI Joe and Star Wars toys for down the road. As many here have already said, there is a GI Joe movie coming out this summer (as does Transformers) and the GI Joe toy line is going to shift focus to it for a while before going back to the classics. Not to mention the new GI Joe animation that is coming out within the next few months. There have already been figures related to it released. Go pick up the new Toy Fare issue and you'll see it's primary focus is the future of the GI Joe toy line this year. Plus if you visit some of the boards for GI Joe fans, you'll see that Wal-Mart computers already have many of the new and upcoming Joe toys listed. This line is just picking up speed, not slowing down. Wait until Toy Fair in the next couple of weeks. I'm willing to bet you'll see alot of cool Joe and Star Wars stuff that will grace the shelves of Wal-Mart. Not to mention the possibility of seeing exclusives for Wal-Mart in these lines.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:27 pm

coreystinson wrote:
:lol: No doubt.

I also agree they'll likely not quit carrying SW, GI Joe, HW, etc. No freakin' way, unless they're following suit with the rest of the country and losing their minds too. Can't see that though, WM likes your money too much. As far as toy stores go they have the market cornered! Why do you think KB and other toy chains died.... TRU has been hanging by a literal thread, trying new strategies (Babies R Us, Kids R Us or whatever). Would WM take over the retail overall toy market just to drop selling toys? I don't think so. But, if they did, maybe we'd see a resurgance of classic toy stores like KB and the like, maybe even a new chain that KNOWS HOW TO DISTRIBUTE PRODUCT NATIONALLY AND EVENLY......ya think. :wink: :twisted:
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:39 pm

guys I am not making this up..............

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:49 pm

When is wm going to start doing this??

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:54 pm

I believe that the reason why we have not seen the items like the b-25,m-21,f-4,KT is because of WM ......
If 21st goes which has established it self as a leader in 1/18th dies what kind of message do you think that will send to all the other manufacturers.....hum

I will tell you...........1/18th does not sell...and if WM cane not make it sell then it must be a dead hobby....

oh some of you will say well FOV makes 1/18th.....but I bet FOV does watch what 21st does or they would not have entered 1/18th.

the big box retailers do go in each others store to get a scoop on things.....why all of a sudden back in 2007 Target started to carry bbi then 1/18 FOV....???????????????

business watch each other...............closely

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:00 pm

This is
Good trades: C00per, pcb122605, digger, vulgarvulture X2, General Blasto X2, Light.Inf.Scout, V2 Man, Sentinel, xddave, grunt1

[img]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/230/230828/folders/190465/2439227TAMBOSIGsmall.JPG[/img]

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:00 pm

Stug45 wrote:When is wm going to start doing this??
don't know when they will do the reformatting of the toy department all I know is they are planing it

As for 21st century toys no new orders are being planed this year is what a person from WallMart told me. there will be no more new 21st items at WM unless we act...and who knows that might be 21st death.......

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:00 pm

This is
Good trades: C00per, pcb122605, digger, vulgarvulture X2, General Blasto X2, Light.Inf.Scout, V2 Man, Sentinel, xddave, grunt1

[img]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/230/230828/folders/190465/2439227TAMBOSIGsmall.JPG[/img]

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:01 pm

Tambo wrote:This is
Its real :wink:

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:09 pm

Walmart has over 1/4th of the entire Nations toy market. I do not think they will pull everything...now I do belive they are going to go nuts on the new toy regulations.