1/18 88 at Monkey Depot for $29.95

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Razor17019 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:15 am

I grabbed 2 sets of the SS when they were @ 10.00 each.
They sent me out a confirmation and shipped it right away.
But....it may be a little long response time...
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:17 am

When I ordered my SS figures, I got a notification the following morning. I suspect that MD is somewhat overwhelmed right now...
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

pcsguy88
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by pcsguy88 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:25 am

I would buy a hell of a lot more if they would put it all up at once or have a "Pile of loot" option like Big Bad Toy store. I just can't keep ponying up the intial shipping costs. Sucks.

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:25 am

I was gonna get in on this, but they won't take my damn Am Ex gift card.

And people wonder why i hate those damn things. :evil:
I Tan I Epi Tas

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:25 am

Didn't really need another one, but for heavens sake man, its in the holy grail of all colors, DAK. How could I pass it up.

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:32 am

I am glad I finally caught a MD deal. I missed the SS sets. I know that this price point can't be a good sign. But, how can you pass it up.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:32 am

pcsguy88 wrote:I would buy a hell of a lot more if they would put it all up at once or have a "Pile of loot" option like Big Bad Toy store. I just can't keep ponying up the intial shipping costs. Sucks.

Yes - that is getting a little annoying.
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:40 am

The way these "deals" are popping up,in my mind I see some one from 21st showing up each day with a truck load and saying"hey Mr Monkey how much will you give me for this bunch?" And I bet the shipping department heck the whole staff at Monkey Depot is probably going nuts trying to ship this stuff out.
Could not think of anything to put here.

Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Fitzystigertank » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:43 am

yeah i jumped on this deal too. cost me ten bucks for shipping. i knew if i waited then i'd be able to get one cheap. paying 100 bucks is to much for my wallet.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:46 am

I think this all might be our last 21c hit for a while. I have a dark feeling on this one.

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:47 am

AAAARRRGGHHH!!!!

I DON'T GET PAID TILL THE FOURTEENTH!!!!

AAAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JEFFREY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I have a machine gun (SPACE GUN!). Ho ho ho.

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:50 am

I looked through all of the sales items at MD and with a few exceptions it's only the 21C items that are selling at extreme discounts. Almost everything 21C seems to be about 50-70% off . There are some great deals on items from other manufacturers but nothing else even comes close to the discounts offered on 21C items as a whole. It's not just the 21C 1/18 items either. The 32X stuff and the 1/6 weapon sets are selling at extreme discounts too.

Whatever the reason for the massive blowout on 21C products it's obvious that MD obtained them at extremely discounted wholesale prices. That can't be a good sign of the overall health of 21C as a company. In this new economy we've seen some big companies go under that at first glance seemed healthy. By contrast 21C has been on the ropes for awhile. I hope they weather this storm but when you consider all the recent clearance sales at TRU and WM this is just another bad sign. Remember the sale (3 for $9.98) on 21C figures at KB Toys (now they're gone too!) back in the summer? Everyone was speculating that they were just dumping old stock but it may well have been much more than that.

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:54 am

Grilledcheese wrote:AAAARRRGGHHH!!!!

I DON'T GET PAID TILL THE FOURTEENTH!!!!

AAAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JEFFREY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a credit card?
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:00 pm

OK, OK, so after my bitching about MD shipping charges, I bit the freaken bullet and stocked up on a few 21C items.

Whenever I am in a "checkout" page, I always glance up to make sure my paying info is in a secure page.

Guess what, MD's checkout page is NOT a secure page. This is the first site I've run into in a long time with no security in place.

That stinks, it was almost a deal breaker, but the super cheap blue Avenger made me take a chance.

I still think MD is the one with the money problems in this case, and they are just dumping stock in scales they no longer want. My 2 cents.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

parrish333
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Oh me oh my...

Post by parrish333 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:00 pm

Man...unreal the blowout prices.

My great hope is that this a way for 21C to raise some quick capital. Companies sometimes take a loss on items because less $$$ now is sometimes more valuable to them (aka keeps them afloat) vs. more $$$ down the road.

For all the grief we give 21C about various things, they'd certainly be one of those "don't know what you've got 'til they're gone" types. Using completely unverified statistics, their products have carried the 1/18 military line - BBI + FOV + Admiral + Pegasus probably still doesn't equal the # of products 21C has put out over the years.

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:04 pm

Whenever I am in a "checkout" page, I always glance up to make sure my paying info is in a secure page.

Guess what, MD's checkout page is NOT a secure page. This is the first site I've run into in a long time with no security in place.
Interesting, all my checkouts at MD have been secure.

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:08 pm

Maybe MD is honestly freeing up warehouse space so they'll have a place for the KT's, B-25's, Phantoms........wouldn't that be the poop! Boy that make'em heroes from now to the hereafter! :lol:
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:19 pm

Well I tell you I do not know what is going on but I went ahead and got another 88 and 4 more Panthers. More than 2 and they knock the price down to $20 each.
So I have 6 panthers on the way with an 88 to boot.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:20 pm

aferguson wrote: I think we need a prayer vigil for 21st Century Toys.
I think you may be right.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

olifant

Re: Oh me oh my...

Post by olifant » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:21 pm

parrish333 wrote:Man...unreal the blowout prices.

My great hope is that this a way for 21C to raise some quick capital. Companies sometimes take a loss on items because less $$$ now is sometimes more valuable to them (aka keeps them afloat) vs. more $$$ down the road.

For all the grief we give 21C about various things, they'd certainly be one of those "don't know what you've got 'til they're gone" types. Using completely unverified statistics, their products have carried the 1/18 military line - BBI + FOV + Admiral + Pegasus probably still doesn't equal the # of products 21C has put out over the years.
This will generate a financial statement LOSS to their balance sheet, although it will generate cash flow. Trust me, not something a company does lightly!

I had no plans of picking up an 88MM, but I now have two on the way along with another Avenger. Yes, these too are coming to work, yes, I cannot afford this and yes, I may be divorced if my wife finds out about this order also... :evil:

What the hell, you only live once. 8)
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:22 pm

gustav wrote: Will any other etailers ever purchase from 21st again anyway after watching the company liquidate some of its most recent releases? I'm guessing 21st sales everywhere else have come to a standstill.
The answer is 'no', at least for the short term. If at some point in the distant future they're making new products again, then 'maybe'.

You have to assume that everything is now going out the door via MD. No one else is going to touch this poison pill with everything being liquidated at such low prices.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

olifant

Post by olifant » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:29 pm

coreystinson wrote:
gustav wrote: Will any other etailers ever purchase from 21st again anyway after watching the company liquidate some of its most recent releases? I'm guessing 21st sales everywhere else have come to a standstill.
The answer is 'no', at least for the short term. If at some point in the distant future they're making new products again, then 'maybe'.

You have to assume that everything is now going out the door via MD. No one else is going to touch this poison pill with everything being liquidated at such low prices.
Corey, that must really bite to have one of your suppliers blow you up when they liquidate well under your cost. I am guessing it will be some time before you sell any more 88MMs.

Hopefully you can private reserve them in a year when they are one of the most rare 21C items.

Sorry man, but I will still by from SJ in the future.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

Light.Inf.Scout

Re: Oh me oh my...

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:30 pm

olifant wrote:
I had no plans of picking up an 88MM, but I now have two on the way along with another Avenger. Yes, these too are coming to work, yes, I cannot afford this and yes, I may be divorced if my wife finds out about this order also... :evil:

What the hell, you only live once. 8)
I hear ya - I do not have the money or space for this stuff but can't pass up these prices. Especially if these are the last days/items for 21C

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:31 pm

Got a credit card?
The wife and I only have one credit card left that hasn't been paid off/cut up and we decided we were not gonna use that sucker for anything but emergencies.

But I'm really starting to think this is an emergency... :D

Oh yeah, baby, it's gonna be an emergency. 8)

Jeffrey
Now I have a machine gun (SPACE GUN!). Ho ho ho.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:31 pm

Nevermind... I just realized I wasn't posting in the SS set thread. 88's for $30? Whoo... Not a good sign I guess.
Last edited by Jesse James on Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!