1/18 Pavehawk Custom Mods

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by pickelhaube » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:42 am

Hey Guys,

I am having some technical problems with the interior mounts. I have made them to scale . By doing so they are a little flimsy. I want them to actualy work . So when I try to slide the pintel on the bracket (the part that slides ) the bracket SNAPS IN TWO :shock:

So I am making the square tubing one size LARGER. This will be a little bigger but at least they will work.

Or,

I can put the slider in the middel of the arm and cast that way. The arm will still swing but but you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ADJUST IT IN AND OUT.

LET ME KNWO WHAT YOU GUYS WILL PREFER ON THIS.

ALSO THER ARE ONLY 2 GUYS WHO ARE INTERESTED IN THE WINDOW FRAMES. IS THERE ANY MORE ? I NEED TO KNOW BECAUSE THAT WILL MAKE THIS A PRORITY . SO I CAN MAKE THEM OR NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!

The slider is under the pintel in the middel of the arm. It is too fragile to slide. :evil:

Here is the roughed in door frame. I am also going to make the window frames and back them up with CLEAR STYREEN. That way it will be a compleated pop in unit. You cut the hole and the frames will cover the rough edges. It has taken me about a day to make the frame as it looks now and it is only one side !!

Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:37 am

Matt,

The new "larger" arms look great to me. I don't think the increase in size is a problem in my book. The fact that they work and don't break out weighs the slight change in size. Great job all around.

I say go with the larger ones so that they work.

I would be interested in tow sets of the window frames if that will bump it to three guys and a priority level.... :wink: :D

Keep up the fatastic work!!!
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:33 am

Birddog wrote:Matt,

The new "larger" arms look great to me. I don't think the increase in size is a problem in my book. The fact that they work and don't break out weighs the slight change in size. Great job all around.

I say go with the larger ones so that they work.

I would be interested in tow sets of the window frames if that will bump it to three guys and a priority level.... :wink: :D

Keep up the fatastic work!!!
Hey Bird Dog,

The ones in the pics are the original scale (smaller) ones .

I was throw the question out there for guys who want the interior mounts.

Thanks for upping the anti on the windows. One more guy and and it will be done. :wink: If not I will go ahead and do it but not put a rush on it.

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:59 pm

PH,
I think I sent you a PM on this, but I don't care if the internal gun mount has the slider. If all the others who want the internals want the slider and larger size so be it, but I'm fine with the scale size and no slider.
No window covers for me.
Phil
"Where's dat waskily wabbit?"

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Internal gun mounts progress?

Post by pcoughran » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:43 am

PH,
I was wondering how the internal gun mounts are coming? I want to order sets of the fuel probe, and radar domes, as well but want to place the order all at the same time and they aren't up at Foxhole yet.
Phil

pickelhaube

Re: Internal gun mounts progress?

Post by pickelhaube » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:10 pm

pcoughran wrote:PH,
I was wondering how the internal gun mounts are coming? I want to order sets of the fuel probe, and radar domes, as well but want to place the order all at the same time and they aren't up at Foxhole yet.
Phil
I was hoping to have them done already but this car hunting has gotten the best of me. I hope to get on it Thurs or Fri and have some pics posted :wink:

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:53 pm

PH,
I know all the Huey guys are pestering you already for some mods. I already have my pavehawk windows torn out and ready for some internal mounts guns though. Any progress with these?
Thanks,
Phil

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:15 pm

I know all the Huey guys are pestering you already for some mods. I already have my pavehawk windows torn out and ready for some internal mounts guns though. Any progress with these?
Thanks,
Phil
I thought that I would have gotten on them by now. But painting the rest of the kits going out has been slooooooooooooooooooooooooow going.

I do have a few of the originals but I feel that they are a little flimsy and fragile. I could send those out to you and you can tell me if you think they are good to go. They are yours as lagniappe untill I get the SECOND PROTOTYPE done.

That way they will be consumer tested :wink:

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:43 am

PH,
I'm not meaning to hound you. I can wait for the real deal. I just want to know that it will be done eventually. I can wait. If you decide however that you aren't going to do the internal mounts let me know that too as I would then go ahead and order the external with the fuel probe and domes now. I'd rather have the internal mounts though.
I feel fortunate to be able to get anything though and really do appreciate your talent and hard work.
Thanks as always,
Phil

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:50 am

I'm not meaning to hound you. I can wait for the real deal. I just want to know that it will be done eventually. I can wait. If you decide however that you aren't going to do the internal mounts let me know that too as I would then go ahead and order the external with the fuel probe and domes now. I'd rather have the internal mounts though.
I feel fortunate to be able to get anything though and really do appreciate your talent and hard work.
Thanks as always,
Phil
Hey Phil,

No I AM going to do the internal mounts. It is just a pain in as much as the SCALE ones are too fragile. These are not that easy to do so when you do something and it does not work as planed . :evil:

That is a major drag. :x

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Tue May 05, 2009 7:31 pm

Sometimes the best solution is the easiest. I put a little ring around the pintel post. This should give it enough reinforcement to hold up.

So I think with fingers crossed the internal gun mount isuue is solved .

Here it is. By putting the ring on it I had to make the pintel shaft about 2 mm longer.
I should be able to mould it on Wends. But the resin did not make it today :evil: :evil: :evil:

Here is the interior mount in place. . It is the old one without the ring.

Here is the M-134 mounted.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Tue May 05, 2009 7:45 pm

Looks awesome as always Matt!!

Keep up the great work...:D
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Wed May 06, 2009 2:10 pm

Great news! Are you going to get it up on the Foxhole Toys website so we can order? It looks great.
Phil

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Wed May 06, 2009 4:17 pm

pcoughran wrote:Great news! Are you going to get it up on the Foxhole Toys website so we can order? It looks great.
Phil
Yes it is but Matt and I need to talk about price.

Do you guys want the amo cans and amo belt / tape ?

The spent chute will come with the gun.

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Wed May 06, 2009 5:55 pm

PH,
I don't need the ammo cans or the ammo belt tape. You don't even have to paint mine if you don't want to.
Phil

alf
Sergeant
Sergeant

Got it!

Post by alf » Wed May 13, 2009 1:07 pm

Hi,
I received my full kit yesterday and I can say that with no effort at all this bbi camo things now really look like a Pavehawk. this kit is GREAT
Gonna paint it a bit now.
Thank you pickelhaube!

Foxhole Toys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Foxhole Toys » Wed May 13, 2009 11:13 pm

We can have the internal gun mount set available at Foxhole Toys (in plain 'unpainted' resin) pretty quickly and at a better price point...based on resin availability. Matthew is working very hard on many projects at the moment so we really appreciate your patience and we thank you for enthusiasm guys! You're the best of the best here at SSMHF! :)

Matt
Foxhole Toys ..."Dive in!"
www.FoxholeToys.com

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:05 pm

Hey Guys,

Here is the paint scheme that one of the guys who baught my custom off of e-bay is going to paint his Pavehawk.

This looks SWEET !!!!

http://focalplaneimagery.smugmug.com/Mi ... 6514_4u8zD

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:40 pm

Awesome scheme!!!

Now we just need a 1/18 scale A-10 in the 23rd's scheme so that the buyer can add it to their collection and we can finally get an A-10 in 1/18 scale..... :D
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

margras77
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by margras77 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:26 pm

pickelhaube wrote:Hey Guys,

Here is the paint scheme that one of the guys who baught my custom off of e-bay is going to paint his Pavehawk.

This looks SWEET !!!!

http://focalplaneimagery.smugmug.com/Mi ... 6514_4u8zD
Do you have any plans of putting another customized one up on ebay anytime soon?