1:18 F-4 Phantom 'Steve Ritchie' for preorder!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

1:18 F-4 Phantom 'Steve Ritchie' for preorder!

Post by tkjaer21 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:54 pm

http://www.themotorpool.net/USAF-McDonn ... hantom.htm

Who makes this. Is it Admiral. I can't wait.

USAF McDonnell F-4D Phantom II Fighter-Bomber - Capt. Richard Stephen “Steve” Ritchie, 432nd Tactical Reconnaissance Wing, Udon RTAFB, Thailand (1:18 Scale)

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:57 pm

Never mind, it is 21C as they have the Mig-21 listed too.

http://www.themotorpool.net/Russian-Mik ... tmig21.htm

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:59 pm

Are they going to be released? I thought that they were canceled. They seem to still be taking pre-orders.

Info:

List Price: $94.99
Our Price: $89.99 Pre-Order. Ship Date 2009!
You Save $5.00!

Availability: Pre-Order
Product Code: 21STMIG21

VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by VMF115 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:03 pm

that's not new.
they have had that listed as a pre order for sometime now..
wish it was new....................... :cry:
Last edited by VMF115 on Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:11 pm

LOL!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

VMF115

Re: F-4

Post by VMF115 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:13 pm

medic83 wrote:Why do they tease us like that? I feel like the donkey with the carrot dangling in front of huim not realizing it is strapped to his back.
Its more like a picture of a carrot not even a real carrot.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:13 pm

No No No!! No!!! I got giddy for a second!!!!
noooooo
echo
echo
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:17 pm

:cry: :cry: Ohhhhh the humanity............
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:27 pm

Just came within one click of placing my preorder for this and the MiG-21, and then decided it would be just wrong on too many levels.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:44 pm

chunks wrote:Just came within one click of placing my preorder for this and the MiG-21, and then decided it would be just wrong on too many levels.
The name Madoff comes to mind...
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:49 pm

FieroDude wrote:
chunks wrote:Just came within one click of placing my preorder for this and the MiG-21, and then decided it would be just wrong on too many levels.
The name Madoff comes to mind...
Madoff= Made OFF

dcmacharlie
Corporal
Corporal

F4

Post by dcmacharlie » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:36 pm

Almost ordered 2 and them, then got over my excitment and read the rest of the replys, only wish it was true. Ill order 2 or more when and if they come out, in the mean time!!!!
Iam really thinking of turning my1:32size BBI F4 into a Viet Nam camo , anyone got any ideas for making the drop tanks, wing ones, would like to add them to the model, also need some new stickers, may get some from some of the 32size model kit manfactures

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:01 pm

Talk about false advertising.

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:35 am

immeww2 wrote:Talk about false advertising.
That is why I was wondering if this was actually coming out in 2009. It seems that they should clarify it more.

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:52 am

lightning2000 (owner of Motorpool) responded to our questions about the pre-order listings in an older post, as to why he has them listed. Maybe do a search to see his response, as I can't remember exactly what he said.

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

1:18 Scale Aircraft

Post by lightning2000 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:36 am

Hi Guys,
We've had these listings up for a long time based upon preliminary information we received from the manufacturer. When last we spoke to them, they were considered "black projects" which in this day and age can mean anything.

Frankly, I'm at a loss for words looking over some of your posts. Many of you want to pre-order an item as soon as its announced while others prefer to wait. So, we posted the items for pre-order and never asked for anyone's money. I mean you cant have it both ways, haranguing us to place early orders then chastising us for not shipping the item when the manufacturer runs into problems. If things have changed at the manufacturer's end, and these aircraft never come to fruition, then we'll delist the items and refund any payments for anyone that insisted upon sending us payment early via PayPal. What more do you want? Were you expecting us to take over production of these products once ship dates started to slip?

Honestly, some of you need to get a grip on the situation and stop beating up vendors when they're trying to serve your needs. You did the same thing with BCA when they offered to sell hard-to-find items at non-introductory prices. You want your cake and eat it too at the height of an economic downturn. Please lighten up a bit and enjoy what you already own...

Cordially,

Marc Dultz
Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

paulpratt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: 1:18 Scale Aircraft

Post by paulpratt » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:28 am

lightning2000 wrote:Hi Guys,
We've had these listings up for a long time based upon preliminary information we received from the manufacturer. When last we spoke to them, they were considered "black projects" which in this day and age can mean anything.

Frankly, I'm at a loss for words looking over some of your posts. Many of you want to pre-order an item as soon as its announced while others prefer to wait. So, we posted the items for pre-order and never asked for anyone's money. I mean you cant have it both ways, haranguing us to place early orders then chastising us for not shipping the item when the manufacturer runs into problems. If things have changed at the manufacturer's end, and these aircraft never come to fruition, then we'll delist the items and refund any payments for anyone that insisted upon sending us payment early via PayPal. What more do you want? Were you expecting us to take over production of these products once ship dates started to slip?

Honestly, some of you need to get a grip on the situation and stop beating up vendors when they're trying to serve your needs. You did the same thing with BCA when they offered to sell hard-to-find items at non-introductory prices. You want your cake and eat it too at the height of an economic downturn. Please lighten up a bit and enjoy what you already own...
That is probably the best thing I've ever read in my life. So true.
Best,
-Paul

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:40 am

HERE HERE!!
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: 1:18 F-4 Phantom 'Steve Ritchie' for preorder!

Post by Panther F » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:47 pm

paulpratt wrote:

That is probably the best thing I've ever read in my life. So true.
I concur! I can't believe the moderator allows this type of behavior.

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: 1:18 Scale Aircraft

Post by GooglyDoogly » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:20 pm

Cordially,

Marc Dultz
Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
To be honest, I only laughed because I know that was a very very very old news, but it still gets a a random member excited once in a while. :lol:

I think most people's comments are not necessarily directed at you, or at least not because of your website, but because people are still smarting over 21st's stupid fiasco over the F-4/MiG-21/B-25 thing.

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:13 pm

To set the record straight, my Madoff comment was not directed at The Motor Pool or any other on-line retailer. Personally, I think you (retailers) and we (collectors) all got took in one way or another with the announcement of 3 aircraft that I sincerely believe were never intended to be built, only because the "new kid on the block" DID intend to produce at least one of them (F-4 - to the point of having a full prototype), and had tentative discussions about another (B-25). Instead of expanding the industry, I believe that the "we will make it first, and cheaper" claim was part of what essentially shut it down, at least for now. As a result, retailers and collectors alike are suffering, and the only irony is that the company who started it seems to be suffering just as much if not more.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:59 pm

I was just making a funny about how close Madoff sounded like Made Off...and not directed towards anyone.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:05 pm

i dont believe that plane will see the light of day!!!!
some venders should see the writing on the wall!
put it up in your news section and give updates like other online stores
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa