21st 1:18 Planes-- Finito?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

21st 1:18 Planes-- Finito?

Post by vulgarvulture » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:25 pm

Has the 21st well of 1:18 planes run dry? Have the warehouses been purged completely with the distribution of Rudel Stukas? Are we at the end of the line?

With any new mold production out of the picture, what are the odds of 21st cranking out any previously done schemes of existing molds? We certainly won't be seeing any more Spitfires (broken mold master, apparently), and the word on the street is that the P-47 molds are being held as hostage in a Chinese factory until bills are paid by 21st.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:31 pm

sad news about the spitfire but maybe an opportunity for BBI or AT.

I don't expect to see any new planes from 21c for two years. Repaints hopefully....one of which i was hoping would be a spitfire. :?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

P39time
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by P39time » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:28 pm

Yes I agree. The Spitfire was one of 21st Century's best models. I would get more repaints of that on in a heart beat. :(
Jarod

Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Dauntless » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:36 pm

As long as they are repaints.
I just don't like it when they re-issue the same paint job (like the Tex Hill P-40) It makes me feel like all my hard work paying secondary market prices on some hard to get ones, and interest in the hobby would be in vain so to speak.

No, no if you weren't around to get them when they're first runs tough luck! ha! :lol:
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:24 pm

I'm glad I picked up one of the BOB Spitfires on ebay 2 years ago then. Didn't realize they were an endangered species! :D

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:09 pm

It doesnt look good does it. At ihobby chicago they showed nothing in 1/18 planes at all! there is little to nothing available to buy from them. About the only thing they have left is the the smoke starfighter and some of the migs. it doesnt seem they have any plans for anything new. and the phantom is cancelled!
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

ExC17load
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ExC17load » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:18 pm

While I dont expect to see any new 21c planes in the near future, I really dont mind repaints as long as they are coming out on a regular basis. There are so many possibilities that I think that doing that could keep the money flowing in.

However, since Im not an expert on how things work with this company, Im sure that they cant get repaints either due to the issues on the other side of the pond.
"I can stop collecting 1:18 scale anytime, really I can. OOoh, the new Stuka re-paint! I don't have that one.