I heard from special peoples...

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
AlloySkull
Officer - Brigadier General

I heard from special peoples...

Post by AlloySkull » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:25 pm

...at a certain airshow today some very good things. I was highly aroused by such things. (To the very best of my very poor memory) the F-4 is still on the minds of Admiral. There are three planes they are planning on, of which I was given nothing but a crumb... I only was told that either 1 or 2 of the 3 will be modern, the other(s) will be an era/type that is not disclosed yet.

There was something else really cool, that I'm not sure if I can speak of, and it's quite awesome to boot. Something I'm not supposed to tell you guys, maybe I'll just stop while I'm ahead. :D

Anyways, Jason, if you ever get a chance to meet him, is an awesome guy. Also, it is confirmed Admiral's 262 is more explosion-resiliant than 21Cs.

I also picked up a CL-13 which is amazing by the way! :D That pilot sure is ugly though, but I got one awesome deal, so I couldn't resist. :D I got some great pics of the show, and when I decide to be unlazy, I'll put them up. I'm exhausted. 10:00-4:00 is quite hard, walking around...
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/alloyskull101/siggygpxd-1.gif[/img]
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

P39time
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by P39time » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:30 pm

Thanks for the report Alloy. Did Jason give you any updates on the Dauntless or Skyraider?
Jarod

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:40 pm

Dauntless is good and still go! I believe he said it is pretty damn close, and the A-1 is still working out some things but it is also still in progress. So everything is still go at this point. About the F-4, he basically said they really want to do it, but it's still up in the air, and not a final go.
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:42 pm

That is good news about the F-4, hopefully an F-105 "Thud" is right behind it. I know what you mean by the CL-13, I picked one up last spring on sale. The pilot is very bad!! :lol:

Der Kommandant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Der Kommandant » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:50 pm

Undisclosed era?
WWI Biplanes!!! 8)

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:53 pm

AlloySkull wrote:About the F-4, he basically said they really want to do it, but it's still up in the air, and not a final go.
It makes sense for Admiral to get these other two planes out first to see how the marketplace reacts. This may be their first opportunity to put a few planes on the market w/o their efforts getting clobbered shortly thereafter by a competitor.

If the economic climates permits and these are profitable, I think we could have some great things to look forward to.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:00 pm

Well, possibly WWI, but they could still be WWII. He just said 1 (or 2) of them were going to be modern. The other(s) were going to be something else. So it's possible, but I'd take everything with a grain of salt.
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:33 am

How can you do this to us???
"There was something else really cool, that I'm not sure if I can speak of, and it's quite awesome to boot. Something I'm not supposed to tell you guys, maybe I'll just stop while I'm ahead."
Great report otherwise, thanks!

paulpratt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by paulpratt » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:46 am

Is Vietnam considered an era? I always considered "modern" to be right now, whatever the present day is. To me, that would imply aircraft still in service today. Am i wrong in this assumption?
Best,
-Paul

smokey1
Corporal
Corporal

Post by smokey1 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:05 pm

I also talked to Jason yesterday at WOH, and he had some good stuff to say. If the things he's talking about come to fruition we will have some very cool models in the future, he also said he was going to China next week, so things are looking good!

Killerf6
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Killerf6 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:10 pm

Nice TEASE Alloy!!

paulpratt wrote:Is Vietnam considered an era? I always considered "modern" to be right now, whatever the present day is. To me, that would imply aircraft still in service today. Am i wrong in this assumption?
Yes, Vietnam would be considered an era.
I fly cartoon airplanes

dcway
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dcway » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:10 pm

Hi
the A-10 is on the list it has to be !!!!!!!!!! it's been wanted for so long....
JASON you can make our dreams come true !!!!!
Dcway

olifant

Post by olifant » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:54 pm

Alloy, SPILL YOUR GUTS NOW!!! :wink:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:43 pm

Personally, I wish that if you guys can't say what is told to you by Jason or others then you not tell us anything at all. It gets frustrating hearing constantly that things are coming up but you can't disclose what it is. It doesn't seem right to tell things to some but not to others. Frankly, having that carrot constantly waved in front of me is just getting more annoying then anything else. So if you have information either share it with us or just keep it to yourself. I would really rather not know anything then constantly hearing "wait and see". We've put up with that for too long already.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

SGT. ROCK
Corporal
Corporal

Post by SGT. ROCK » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:08 am

I agree with Jericoeagle1. I'm tired of the tease.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:38 am

So. Admiral is still in bidness. back to work.

DropTank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by DropTank » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:37 pm

So if Admiral is indeed still in business, why can't they update their webpage with the same info to the rest of us folks. That website states "to check back with them often for details", yet has not been updated since Apr 03. I am a big fan of Admiral but am growing increasingly tired of the silence and occasional carrot of small info. I find myself less and less interested in any of their rumored projects and that is frustrating as I really like and support all past releases.

P39time
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by P39time » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:23 pm

Good point droptank. Why do they have websites anyway? Maybe they think: "hey let's update the website ever few years".
Jarod

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:15 pm

Teasing? Not teasing… Some people happen to live in a geographically advantages location where if they wish to come visit Admiral Toys Incorporated during our public outings and get more information then they can. I am more than willing to sit down and talk about what we are doing with those that take the time to listen. I do not like sitting here and writing long post that “never” seem to give you enough information to satisfy your insatiable need for information.

Those that have met me and the team at AT know more about us and what we are doing than those who have not. That is just reality. It would take a 5 page post to state all that I talked about with various peoples at the airshow. I am not willing to do that. For example, we talked about the state of the industry, what is happening with competitors, how is Admiral Toys dealing, how am I, how did you fare through Ike, how is my wife, how is your family, what would I like to see manufactured, what would you like to see manufactured, on and on and on…. This forum is an avenue for information, I understand this, but, it will never replace the face to face interaction and amount of information that can be gained through a ten minute conversation.

We love this industry and the military market. We are doing everything we can to keep it going and provide those that desire models with a variety of different models. This is not a good market, the industry is failing, over 2,000 toy facilities have closed in China, but we are working to keep it alive. So give us a break and be happy with the fact that we are doing everything we can to keep it alive. I am starting to wonder why I even take the time to come here and defend Admiral Toys and myself.

As for the comments about our site: with the state of this industry, we are far more concerned about not having to fire all of our employees or closing our doors permanently like many have as of late in this hobby; then we are about posting snippets of information that just leads to more questions and contempt.

I hate to right post like this. Those that have met me and have known me for over three years know this about me.

Oh, and yes, the Cl-13 pilot is terrible.

Regards,
Jason

P39time
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by P39time » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:18 pm

Thanks Jason, any update on the Hartmann CL-13?
Jarod

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:32 pm

Yes, that is why I am going to China. Final production on the Hartmann and El Diablo (Spanish for Fighting-Chicken or something).

Another reason for my visit is to establish a production line for a new company with whom we will be working closely with. This company specializes in the 1:6th scale. More information to soon come .

Regards,
Jason

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:40 pm

No offence was meant to you Jason or anyone else here, but I'm sure you can understand the need to vent sometimes. The endless waiting and the fact that some of us live at the edge of the world where nothing happens can be quite frustrating at times.

El Diablo literally translates into "The Devil" by the way.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:45 pm

Jericoeagle1 wrote:No offence was meant to you Jason or anyone else here, but I'm sure you can understand the need to vent sometimes. The endless waiting and the fact that some of us live at the edge of the world where nothing happens can be quite frustrating at times.
Absolutely no offense taken, just frustration on my part as well. Admiral Toys wants everyone to like us and we try to be likable.

Maybe it would be beneficial if once a month we did a live chat kind of forum where I would sit here, much like I am now, and answer as many questions as I can in a two hour session. I will be as candid as possible. Do you think people would be interested in this?

Regards,
Jason

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:57 pm

Jason of Admiral Toys wrote:
Jericoeagle1 wrote:No offence was meant to you Jason or anyone else here, but I'm sure you can understand the need to vent sometimes. The endless waiting and the fact that some of us live at the edge of the world where nothing happens can be quite frustrating at times.
Absolutely no offense taken, just frustration on my part as well. Admiral Toys wants everyone to like us and we try to be likable.

Maybe it would be beneficial if once a month we did a live chat kind of forum where I would sit here, much like I am now, and answer as many questions as I can in a two hour session. I will be as candid as possible. Do you think people would be interested in this?

Regards,
Jason
That would be a really good idea Jason, even if nothing new is revealed just the fact that the people here could interact and feel involved would do quite a bit for morale. I'm sure everyone here would agree. Am I right?

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Jason of Admiral Toys wrote: Do you think people would be interested in this?

Regards,
Jason
Are you kidding? one million out of work comedians and you want to be one of them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am in for it ...I am already writing up a list of questions for you. :lol:
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!