Hello From New Member

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Able Archer
Corporal
Corporal

Hello From New Member

Post by Able Archer » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:44 am

Just wanted to say hello as a new member of the forum.
I've been keeping an eye on this forum for years, as far back as the previous groundpounders forum back in the early 2000's. But I haven't joined up till now.
I only recently started to get a decent modern 1/18 collection together, so I guess that is why I didn't join up earlier.
I'd list my specific interests in 1/18 as being focused on the cold war period, especially on the 'proxy wars' conducted in Africa, the Middle East and Asia and I suppose this is the direction my collection is slowly going in.
Unfortunately it is quite hard to get hold of 1/18 items as I live in Sydney, Australia but a few items have been showing up recently so maybe they'll be an improvement. Otherwise I guess I'll have to keep using ebay...
So really I just wanted to say hi.
I admire all the work you guys put into your craft and also the time you take to post your knowledge on this forum. Its a great help!
I'll post more soon.

Cheers,

Able Archer
"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense."
-Sir Winston S. Churchill

Light.Inf.Scout
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:55 am

Hi and welcome aboard. :)
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:19 am

Welcome aboard :D

Greetings from Belgium.

phil

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:47 am

Hello :D :D :D
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:35 am

Welcome to the jungle, we've got fun and games!!!! :)
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:08 am

welcome, as part of the obligatory initiation process, Australian members are kindly requested to obtain through any and all legal means necessary; any special edition BBI P-51s and or F-18s for dispersal to ornery and anxious members in North America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Australians

Post by dandaman » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:51 am

New Australian members are also required to include at least one "g'day mate" or one reference to a "barbie" (grill) in each thread.

Able Archer
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Australians

Post by Able Archer » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:32 am

dandaman wrote:New Australian members are also required to include at least one "g'day mate" or one reference to a "barbie" (grill) in each thread.
Well 'g'day' to all, thanks for your responses.
As for the special edition P-51s and F-18s, I haven't seen any around in my travels for a while (only the F-18 once I think) but judging by the price tags on them I would say its a bit like throwing your wallet on the 'barbie'!
Ha ha, it's an expensive hobby, I've certainly learnt that over the past few years.

That said I'll still keep an eye out for the special Edition P-51 and F-18s and let you know if I see them in my travels.
Unfortunately only a very small portion of XD and BBI seems to reach Australia or Sydney though I'm always on the lookout! I just wish we had the stacks you seem to have in walmart and TRU!

Cheers,
"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense."
-Sir Winston S. Churchill

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:40 am

Welcome to the best small scale military headquarters on the web. 8)
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Razor17019

Re: Australians

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:01 am

Able Archer wrote:
dandaman wrote:New Australian members are also required to include at least one "g'day mate" or one reference to a "barbie" (grill) in each thread.
Well 'g'day' to all, thanks for your responses.
As for the special edition P-51s and F-18s, I haven't seen any around in my travels for a while (only the F-18 once I think) but judging by the price tags on them I would say its a bit like throwing your wallet on the 'barbie'!
Ha ha, it's an expensive hobby, I've certainly learnt that over the past few years.

That said I'll still keep an eye out for the special Edition P-51 and F-18s and let you know if I see them in my travels.
Unfortunately only a very small portion of XD and BBI seems to reach Australia or Sydney though I'm always on the lookout! I just wish we had the stacks you seem to have in walmart and TRU!

Cheers,
Great to have you on the forum.
After you have been a member for 6 months, (every new member does this - not just you) you can use the buy/sell/trade (B/S/T) section. If you are needing 1/18 items that you can't get in Australia, please don't hesitate to post a request in the B/S/T section.
Thanks!
Razor
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:07 am

correction, if you will,- the stacks at walmarts are history- and the initial bursts of 18th AC at TRU have petered out, for the most part.

olifant

Post by olifant » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:34 am

Wilkommen!

Great to have a new member! 8)
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:13 pm

Welcome to the boards! :D Glad to have you here, we can always use more minions for when we storm the factories in China...

Oh, I wasn't supposed to... :shock:
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/alloyskull101/siggygpxd-1.gif[/img]
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:55 pm

Welcome to a great place!

zonetoys
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by zonetoys » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:21 pm

WOW!

Welcome aboard the Wacky World of Wee War Wagons and Winged Warriors!

What?
"A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge." -Oddball - "Kelly's Heros"

B-29
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by B-29 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:41 pm

Welcome aboard! Great to have REAL members instead of advertisers on the forum. Besides, it seems like less and less people are becoming interested in XD, and it's great to find others interested in it.

MG40K
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MG40K » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:05 pm

Glad to have you here! 8) 8) :D
[img]http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t345/MG40K/M1A1-Bagdad-RunningOver.jpg[/img]

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:01 pm

welcome - glad to see ya - :D
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:27 pm

Hey Archer! I was just in sydney (well - we spent a day there). We actually stayed in the town of Oberon, for the V8 supercar race at Bathurst (yay the 888 Ford Falcon won!) Anyways, we managed to gps it from the olympic stadium to some random shopping centre and found a hobby store that had a XD Big Beautiful Doll and quite a few 1/32 armour stuff - couldn't believe my eyes (You must remember I'm in NZ and we get jack s#*t!)...........oh and being "the new guy", it's kinda an unwritten rule but, you have to buy the first round of beers for us, Cheers!
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

P39time
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by P39time » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:31 pm

Welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay here.
Jarod