XD Vietnam Figures (not the Platoon line)

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

XD Vietnam Figures (not the Platoon line)

Post by dandaman » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:56 pm

What does everyone think about the most recent XD Vietnam figures? I'm not talking about the Platoon line here.

Remember the very first Vietnam figures that 21st produced? Each figure had personality and looked different from the other. They were cool.

Then came this newest line of figures. I never did buy any because they just lacked something. I can't put my finger on it. They're all very "cookie cutter" if you ask me. Kinda boring.

Even the Vietnam 2 pack lacks luster.

What do you think?

STUKA
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by STUKA » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:37 pm

I love them - different head sculpts - got enough to stuff my huey and store the rest for a cloudy day - plus the Platoon figures ? I was in Heaven until I couldnt buy any more - had to unbutton my pants and scoot away from the XD dinner table...
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:51 pm

I agree with Stuka. I love both the old and the new vietnam figs each series have good things about them and bad things. But i love the platoon guys. Very accurate on facial wise 8)
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img4e]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5694/userbar650558jb9.gif[/img4e][/url]

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
The one and only RAZOR17019
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:08 pm

Both the old and new are great. I personally like the paint apps on the original figures better than the new ones, and the original series also had a greater diversity among the figures. (After all, they included the NVA, Vietcong and Navy Seal soldiers among others.) I can see where one might think the new figures are "cookie-cutter-like" but they are plentiful in supply, have excellent articulation and lots of accessories. The headsculpts on all the new Vietnam figures are well done, especially the Platoon figures. Wtih the 5 figures from the initial new wave, then the dual packs and then the Platoon figures, one can practically make a full-sized platoon of individual soldiers. Best yet, the new figures can go quite well with the old ones. For example, I've got an M-113, M-48 and Huey filled with the new figures as passengers and the old-style crew figures.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:46 pm

I agree, that both versions are great! The Platoon series is also good.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

What I would do

Post by dandaman » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:19 pm

If someone gave me a set of Platoon figures (because I would never buy them) you know what I would do?

I would sneak them into a WalMart and ceremoniously place them back on the XD pegs.

Just to prove a point.

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Re: What I would do

Post by RED » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:53 pm

dandaman wrote:If someone gave me a set of Platoon figures (because I would never buy them) you know what I would do?

I would sneak them into a WalMart and ceremoniously place them back on the XD pegs.

Just to prove a point.
What th hell???You cant come up with anything better to do with them???---RED---
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: What I would do

Post by tosborne3 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:17 pm

dandaman wrote:If someone gave me a set of Platoon figures (because I would never buy them) you know what I would do?

Just to prove a point.
Send them to me so you don't have to look at them.
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

tderespino
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Be advised, there is a bunker complex up front

Post by tderespino » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:49 am

I have wished for years that 21st century would re-release the first series VN figures for the Weapons and equipment. The new figures are cool but I will not buy that many. The weapons are not as good as the first series. The m16's and M60 are flimsey. the M14 is not accurate at all.

tom

forcerecon85
Corporal
Corporal

Post by forcerecon85 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:20 pm

I missed out on the original figures. I really like them but really there's not a lot for me to do but just make them stand there. I'm working on bases but they'll be huge. What I need are heads! I wouldn't mind more accessories either and the diecast M113 again.