Idea for 1/18 SEAL RIB/Zodiac

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Idea for 1/18 SEAL RIB/Zodiac

Post by pcoughran » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:00 pm

If you've been looking for the PTE patrol boat and have pretty much given up, I was in TRU the other day and saw a Zodiac CZ7 Radio Control Boat that looked like it had "possibilities for conversion." It is pretty close to 1:18 scale if not actually 1:18. The CZ7 is the civilian version of the Zodiac H733OB which is used by Navy and Army Special Ops among others. See image
Here's the TRU RC model picture
Here's a link to TRU online site
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=3172680

I added a little "black out" flat black paint and have a pretty good start to a solution. I added added two 50 cal mounts and took out some of the seats as well as reversing one for the rear facing 50 cal.
If I get really motivated I will scratch build some armor plates and a new cabin to do a version of the Navy's Riverine RIB H733s with desert camo paint (see pictures).
ImageImage
The boats are on sale about 1/2 off regular price as the model is discontinued (I paid $34.95 for mine).
Mine's still a little dirty from putting in a lake, it moves pretty well but if there are waves it is rough going.[/url]
"Where's dat waskily wabbit?"

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:18 pm

i've seen those for a couple of years up here but never got around to buying one. It is just a bit small for 1/18 but nothing dramatic. They're friggin' expensive up here, $60, which is the main reason i never got one. If i ever see one on clearance i'll probably snag it. Seemed like a fair bit of work getting it to look right; you did a great job.

Can you post a larger picture of the 2 view drawing?

They have theatre style folding seats near the stern don't they? There is something back there for seals to sit on/hang onto.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Razor17019 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:53 pm

Very nice job!
Next time you have it at the lake, take some pics of it with the figures aboard.
Thanks for sharing your work with us.
Razor
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:05 pm

Looks 8) .

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:39 am