HL Stug III mit Winterketten

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

HL Stug III mit Winterketten

Post by ostketten » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:05 pm

Check out these pics of the new HL Stug III with Impact's metal sprockets, idlers, and Winterketten....oooh, man those look sweet, I may have to get me a set of those... 8)

Stug III Winterketten: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7923945/tm.htm
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:15 pm

Awesome :) thanks for posting this.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

warbike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by warbike » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:40 pm

That looks cool. Lately I have been thinking about mixing 1:16 armor with the rest of my 1:18 collection, but I'm limitied on which ones I can get. The 1:16 King Tiger is at the top of my list so far, but still waiting on the one from 21st Century toys.
1:1 Kubelwagen metal kit build in progress.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:15 pm

The 1:16 King Tiger is at the top of my list so far,
Somebody's got one up for auction right now at a very low bid, if things don't get too crazy you might pick it up cheap. Might be worth a look....

http://cgi.ebay.com/King-Tiger-R-C-Tank ... dZViewItem
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:48 pm

I never did liked the winterketten. it just look so...evil. Like rows of shark teeth. :lol:

Ostketten, have you done any work on your Stug yet? I have limited knowledge German assault guns, so researching for things to mod on this baby is slow-going.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:02 pm

GooglyDoogly wrote:I never did liked the winterketten. it just look so...evil. Like rows of shark teeth. :lol:
Yeah, and they're not cheap either... roughly $120 for a complete set (tracks, sprockets & idlers) plus shipping. Alas, as nice as these look it will probably be a while before I get a set.
have you done any work on your Stug yet? I have limited knowledge German assault guns, so researching for things to mod on this baby is slow
Unfortunately no. I've only just had time to run it around on the carpet in my basement a little bit, but I hope to find time on Sunday to post some pics of it with some XD troops and scenery. 8) Sent you a PM.... I may have something you'd be interested in regarding your research.

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:48 pm

ostketten wrote:
GooglyDoogly wrote:I never did liked the winterketten. it just look so...evil. Like rows of shark teeth. :lol:
Yeah, and they're not cheap either... roughly $120 for a complete set (tracks, sprockets & idlers) plus shipping. Alas, as nice as these look it will probably be a while before I get a set.
have you done any work on your Stug yet? I have limited knowledge German assault guns, so researching for things to mod on this baby is slow
Unfortunately no. I've only just had time to run it around on the carpet in my basement a little bit, but I hope to find time on Sunday to post some pics of it with some XD troops and scenery. 8) Sent you a PM.... I may have something you'd be interested in regarding your research.
Thanks dude. :) I've started working on mine. I don't think I'll go the super-detail route this time. I'll just remove the things that are not supposed to be there, like the head light. :)

I've thought about doing this Stug:
http://www.crossroadsdiecast.com/dx06.html

Note to self: lengthen the barrel.