Badcat cancels Admiral Hartmann CL-13

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
dragon53
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by dragon53 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:05 pm

Is something wrong at Admiral Toys?...Badcat cancels the Hartmanmn CL-13 and Flyingmule has Admiral models on sale.
From the Badcat blog:

"Hartmann CL-13 Preorder Cancelled

After nearly two years of waiting, Bad Cat Toys has reluctantly cancelled the 1:18 Hartmann CL-13 Preorder, all elected prepays have been refunded. Optimally, we shoot for a 90 day Preorder period and only post Preorders based on credible information from the manufacturers. But its been far too many months on this one and now it's time to clear the books. Obviously, something's gone wrong over at Admiral and this project was not completed as planned, nor is it on the horizon anymore. We appreciate everyone's patience in waiting for this piece and apologize for not being able to distribute the goods."

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:10 pm

Bad news for those who were awaiting this model. :? I hope we don't ever get a similar message on the 21st 88mm gun or KT... :shock: That would be a devastating blow to XD collectors for sure.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

MG-42

[+] Hartmann CL-13 Cancelled

Post by MG-42 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:53 pm

Badcat cancels the Hartmanmn CL-13

From the Badcat blog:

"Hartmann CL-13 Preorder Cancelled

After nearly two years of waiting, Bad Cat Toys has reluctantly cancelled the 1:18 Hartmann CL-13 Preorder, all elected prepays have been refunded.

But its been far too many months on this one and now it's time to clear the books. Obviously, something's gone wrong over at Admiral and this project was not completed as planned, nor is it on the horizon anymore. We appreciate everyone's patience in waiting for this piece and apologize for not being able to distribute the goods."
>>> Doesn't surprise me none in the least.

Mitch v MG :p51:
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:15 pm

If the KT & 88 get cancelled its going to be a sad day for XD.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:46 pm

[+] > "That won't surprise me none either". :roll:

Mitch v MG

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:48 pm

let's think positive thoughts, gang. There will be a KT and 88, there will be a KT and 88, there will be a KT and 88.. I don't know about you guys but i'm planning on diving on them when they first come out......there'll be no waiting for sales or discounts, that's for sure. With 21c's shakey situation i'm taking no chances. 4 88's and 2 KT's......bam. If we're lucky enough to get repaints someday, so much the better.

As far as Admiral, Jason a few days ago, said they were fine. They may have decided not to proceed with this repaint due to a perceived poor reception for it; the german version of the sabre didn't do very well i don't think, judging from all the sale prices i've seen on it. On the other hand, they may be going ahead with it and BCT is just cancelling the preorder due to the long time it has been up, not because of anything they've heard about it from AT.

Hopefully Jason can set the record straight. I'd really hate to see anything happen to AT....i think we all have high hopes for them going forward. I've been looking forward to the Dauntlass since it was announced.....in fact it is the only preorder i have ever made. And a Skyraider would be just too cool in 1/18.....imagine. Plus, since they are not dependant on mass retailers like WM or TRU they have a lot more flexibility.

*fingers crossed*
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:53 pm

* It's hard to think (+) during these unpredictable times.

Mitch v MG

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:54 pm

it's during times like these that thinking, and positive thoughts, matter the most..

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:58 pm

* Yeah , guess yer' right. No sense in being a pessimist about it.

Mitch v MG

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:01 pm

absolutely nothing to be gained from pessimism right now....and a lot of gloomy talk may just influence manufacturer decisions......sort of a self fulfilling prophecy.

So, bombard 21c with emails requesting the KT and 88......let 'em know there is a huge demand for them. If they're having trouble floating a loan to get them made maybe it will influence the bank's decision.....who knows. Sure can't do any harm, that's for sure.

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:06 pm

aferguson wrote:absolutely nothing to be gained from pessimism right now....and a lot of gloomy talk may just influence manufacturer decisions......sort of a self fulfilling prophecy.

>>> Yep , it's definitely bad for moral , that's fer' sure.

Mitch v MG

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:52 pm

there'll be no waiting for sales or discounts, that's for sure. With 21c's shakey situation i'm taking no chances.
I'm with you there for sure, at least with regard to the 88mm gun, I'll be getting at least two of those, they will be a "must have" in my opinion. The KT is not as big an issue for me personally since I already have one in 1/16 RC, but I would still like to see it come out in XD. I didn't mean to sound pessimistic with my original post, I was just "knocking on wood" so to speak. 8)
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:21 pm

There is a difference between being a pessimist and a realist. And realisticaly, things don't look good even though I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:37 pm

My positive thought:

We'll eventually see the 88 and KT, but it won't be made by 21st... :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:44 pm

maybe by new millenium toys?

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:00 pm

aferguson wrote:maybe by new millenium toys?
No, I am betting Motorworks.... :P
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

olifant

Post by olifant » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:06 pm

I am keeping the faith on the KT and 88MM, but I am not surprised by the cancellation of the Sabre. Lets face it, the market could not bear two. Poor AT either through bad luck or competitive instinct had to share their first two planes with 21C. I think both of these companies would be in better shape had they not overlapped.

I got the AT Luftwaffe bird on sale a few months ago for $19.99 and like it. I do think it is a great first AC for a new company, but the 21C Sabre wins in my opinion.

Jason, bring on that Dauntless and Spad. I don't think 21C will scoop you this time and I will not be waiting for a sale. Your 262 is a beauty, and I haven't bothered with the 21C yellow 7. 8)
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:38 pm

Dang, I was going to get two of the Hartmann Sabres. Bummer!
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

Plane Nuts
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Plane Nuts » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:13 pm

Jason of Admiral Toys wrote:Point 1 about Admiral is not correct. I told Historic that the Hartmann is on indefinite hold because they keep asking for a time of delivery. I was just giving them the answer that they needed to hear at the time. We are not sure when the Hartmann is coming out because we are focusing on other projects.
<snip>
Regards,
Jason
Guys, didn't you all see this? I am not surprised by Bad Cat cancelling. A few more months and the credit card I used to reserve mine will be expired!!

warbike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by warbike » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:57 am

That is bad news, but does not surpise me. I too would hate to see the 1:18 German 88 flak and the King Tiger not get produced. That would be a big blow to the 1:18 scale community. I might get 2 of each as well.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:23 pm

Unless things change over at 21st fast I doubt we will see the 88 or the king kitty, bummer because I was hoping for those... :cry:
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by der Vogelfänger » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:08 am

Bad indeed: first it was the 21C F-104G Bavaria, now AT's CL-13 Hartmann. This is not a good sign!

dV
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Unsere Mannschaft muß einfach gewinnen, und
plötzlich, Weltmeister Zwanzigvierzehn! (WM2014)

Danke Jungs!!

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:46 pm

My opinion AT should've done the Hartmann Sabre first. Then the vanilla variety camo version... I have a feeling we'll see it though, just coz BCA cancelled it don't mean it's dead necassarily. I think the KT and 88 are coming as well, maybe delayed which I know is a shock... :o
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat