1/24 scale VS Tanks

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
buzzard
Corporal
Corporal

1/24 scale VS Tanks

Post by buzzard » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:35 am

Am considering getting the Leo 2A6. However, there's a warning on the packaging which says that the product "contains chemicals known in the Sate of California to cause cancer....and reproductive defects"...etc.

How seriously should I take this warning? Would appreciate feedback from members who've had experience with these tanks. TIA.

ZBEAR
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by ZBEAR » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:31 pm

They are probably refering to the lead sloder, or the plastics.
Just beacuse there are miniscule amounts they are required to put the warning sticker on

ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ostketten » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:50 pm

Unless you are gonna start munching on a circuit board from inside the tank you are safe... :lol: A word on these 1/24 tanks.... they are fine for indoors on carpet, or outdoors on driveways or other relatively smooth surfaces, but they are pretty limited on any kind of rough terrain, for that 1/16th scale is your best bet.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

jeffrowse
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by jeffrowse » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:13 pm

ostketten wrote:Unless you are gonna start munching on a circuit board from inside the tank you are safe... :lol: A word on these 1/24 tanks.... they are fine for indoors on carpet, or outdoors on driveways or other relatively smooth surfaces, but they are pretty limited on any kind of rough terrain, for that 1/16th scale is your best bet.
I got a 1/16th-ish tank (of somewhat dubious Chinese origin) off eBay some years ago - worked fine indoors but like a fool I ignored the warning on the ("entertainingly" translated) instruction sheet and took it outside. :roll:

Even though the lawn had only been mowed the day before, I managed to strip about half the teeth on the grotty plastic gearbox... :oops: One day I'll get it sorted, but unfortunately it's gonna have to wait until I get some more money...

buzzard
Corporal
Corporal

Post by buzzard » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:09 am

Thks alot guys for the advice & experiences shared. Much appreciated.

So the only risk from the "toxic substances" contained in the tanks is via oral contact & not inhalation etc?

pcsguy88
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by pcsguy88 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:26 am

I have 4 of these with a 5th somewhere over the Pacific at the moment and I don't have cancer yet. I even take them apart regularly and put parts in my mouth. These things are a blast to play with and will drive over any terrain with minimal work. Make sure you get the IR version and that it has 2 reverse buttons on the remote. I also recommend investing $17 to get the individual plastic link tracks to power thru dirt and grass. Hope you join the VsTank club, so many wicked tanks on their way.

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:25 am

Anything sold in California such as model trains ect have that same sticker on it. Too bad they cant apply the stickers to the smog in LA.

They believe that you can die from touching anything but a tree and a dolphin. Dont give it a second thought...

TJM

tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by tankduel » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:47 pm

I recieved three VS Tanks (2 IR and 1 Airsoft) for review purposes. I have absolutely no problem in recommending them as very reliable tanks; I'll let you guys know when my review article is published!

The display stands that VS Tank sell (2 sizes) will work well with most 1/18 tanks/vehicles, and some 1/16 tanks as well.

NevImage

buzzard
Corporal
Corporal

Post by buzzard » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:44 am

Noted. Many thanks once again for the feedback

tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by tankduel » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:07 pm

As previously mentioned, you can find my review of the T-72 here
http://www.rctankhq.com/Product%20Review.htm