1/16 TANK walker bulldog

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

1/16 TANK walker bulldog

Post by supersonicfifi » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:14 am

http://www.raidentech.com/1um4waburaco.html

while searching for super fun remote helicopter i found this tank .... don't know if it is of any interest (i am in planes )

but it seems nice complement to our ground collectors friends

Philippe :wink:
1/18 mirage 2000 & RAFALE should i say more ?

Panzer
Corporal
Corporal

1/16 tank

Post by Panzer » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:44 am

I have the Walker Bulldog tank. It is a Heng Long version in 1/16 scale. It looks and runs great, it could use a little weathering though.

ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ostketten » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:01 am

I have one and it's great aside from needing a paintjob as previously mentioned. The HL 1/16 Walker Bulldog, along with the M26 Pershing (aka snow leopard) is considered by many RC tank enthusiasts to be one of the most manueverable Heng Long tanks made. If anybody here is considering buying one I would recommend spending the few extra dollars and get the "smoke & sound" version, it's well worth the little bit extra you pay to get the proportional speed control, and the cannon an MG firing sounds aren't bad either, although the smoke feature is pretty useless in my opinion, and I usually turn it off because it eats battery resources, and besides, I really don't want my tank to look like it needs a ring job. :lol:
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Panzer
Corporal
Corporal

Walker Bulldog

Post by Panzer » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:39 am

The Bulldog does run very well. It is one of my favorites. I can't complain too much, it is one of the four tanks I got for $20 in that blowout sale of damaged tanks and it has all the options It arrived undamaged and working with all its parts, just no box. I also got a complete working Tiger out of the deal after combining two tanks. I haven't tried my Pershing, it is still in the box complete. The only dud was the supposed Panther, it does not look very good and will be parts for a project.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:40 am

I haven't tried my Pershing,
Even if it fails to start up or run properly, you can swap out the mainboard for under $20, and if it's one of the newer smoke and sound boards (RX14) little if any soldering will be required to do it. Sounds like you got some sweet deals there too.. 8)
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"