Indy Motorcycle Review

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Indy Motorcycle Review

Post by Fritzkrieg » Sat May 03, 2008 7:29 am

Scored a couple of the Indy Motorcycles this morning. Here are my thoughts.

I feel the overall look is a little clunky. The wheels would have looked much nicer if the there were individual spokes.
The huge canvas tarp draped over the handlebars is an eyesore. I was glad to discover, with a little muscle the tarp could be removed.
It looks as though the muffler was suposed to be a spring loaded flip action feature, but was nixed, for whatever reason.
There is a peg hole, for what I believe was going to be a side-car. I'm disapointed, that this feature was scratched.
The best part of this vehicle is the German rider. He is super articulated. The soft-goods portion of the trech coat blends well with the upper torso. His helmet is removable, so it can be replace with a more accurate looking helmet. He come with a MP-40 w/ a strap (The first time I've seen any 1:18 German weapons with straps). He alo has a Lugar w/ a fuctioning holster (a little oversized but a neet feature).
When I get home tonight I'm going to see if I can improve upon the bike. I have some spoked Motorcycle tires, and possible a nicer headlight. I be sure to post the results.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat May 03, 2008 1:58 pm

I am actually rather pleased with the German motorcycle. Certainly, its not perfect, but it has that WWII look to it that the PTE and FOV motorcycles do not have. Spoked tires would have been nice, but I can live with whats there. I don't think the stowage is an eye-sore and rather like it. The figure is great and far more realistic-looking than the carded German soldiers. It seems certain that we will see a motorcycle/sidecar combo in the near future. That was such a great cinematic moment and you have to have something for the Germans to chase :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Sat May 03, 2008 2:32 pm

With the new items from the line I believe that they are all quite nice for being toys. Today I scored the motorcycle, Indy w/horse, German 2pack, Sullah, and the Older Indy fig fro kotcs. 8) All I can say is WOW!!! I'll be getting the truck and Indy w/idol in the mail monday so needless to say I'm a happy xd camper. I really love the bike, I'll probally get another to go with it. The rider was quite nice as well, I didn't mind the cloth on him. I know some don't care for it too much but its another trooper for the evergrowing meat grinder. :D I also scored 3 fov Germans today too. I'm so happy. :D :D :D
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat May 03, 2008 3:25 pm

Speaking of the "older" Indy figure from the new film, I picked one up as well and actually like the headsculpt better than on the "younger" figures. The younger Indy figures just don't look quite like Harrison Ford (too wide-eyed, for one), whereas the older one seems to better resemble the actor. I find this sort of funny as its not like Hasbro has a shortage on Harrison Ford headsculpts, given all the Han Solo figures made over the years :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Sat May 03, 2008 11:33 pm

tman,
I noticed the same thing on the older Indy headsculpt vs. the younger Indy headsculpt. The older one looks spot on, whereas the younger one looks kind of goofy. Might have to break out the paints and 'young up' the older Indy head.

75th Ranger
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by 75th Ranger » Sun May 04, 2008 9:06 am

i think the motorcycle looks great for what it is!
the figure is really cool and the overall set is very promising.
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!"

HOOAH!

75th Ranger

http://community.webshots.com/user/diverman88
http://community.webshots.com/user/75thairborneranger
http://photobucket.com/albums/a360/75thRANGER/
http://community.webshots.com/user/alphascuba