Ordered some Dragon Germans

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Ordered some Dragon Germans

Post by Fritzkrieg » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:39 am

I just ordered the the 1:18 Dragon Germans, I got Prussians from this ebay user
http://stores.ebay.com/REZZED-COLLECTIBLES
And I purchased some of the Wikings form
Greatmodels .com
I'm hoping the Ponchos fit on the XD and FOV figs
Has anyone purchsed from either of these two sources?

Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Ordered some Dragon Germans

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:03 am

Fritzkrieg wrote:I just ordered the the 1:18 Dragon Germans, I got Prussians from this ebay user
http://stores.ebay.com/REZZED-COLLECTIBLES
And I purchased some of the Wikings form
Greatmodels .com
I'm hoping the Ponchos fit on the XD and FOV figs
Has anyone purchsed from either of these two sources?
Hi Fritzkrieg!
Like your Avatar.
The Ponchos are a bit stiff. You may have to work with them a bit.
But they should fit fine with your XD and FOV figs.

The accessories that come w/ the Dragon figs are GREAT!
When you get them, compare them w/ XD or FOV 1/18 weapons and equipment and you will see what I mean.

On some of the dragon figs, you get a bonus MP-40.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Fritzkrieg » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:33 pm

I received my first set in the mail today.

The equipment was a little fragile, the Mess kits and water bottles broke off a couple of the sets when I was taking them out of the packaging. I was under the impression that each figure came with additional arms and legs so you could change up their poses. I'm having a tough time figuring out how to get the ponchos on correctly, any tips.

You guys were right on about the detail of the weapons, they are far superior to the XD and FOV figs. I with they made an MG-34.

trigger1
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by trigger1 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:53 pm

I bought from Rez in the past.They are in my area so I tried them to keep shipping down.No problems here.
B/S/T Contacts:holensock,billgiff,Razor17019,KWR190,ostketten,kevrut,ram04 etc...

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:46 am

The advantages and/or disadvantages of the Dragon 1:18 figures versus those from BBI/FOV/21st has been discussed at lenghth in other threads, so I won't repeat them, but I have the Dragon "Arnhem 44" set of Waffen SS figures and I'm very happy with them. Overall, I think they compare quite favorably with the 1:18 figures from the other manufacturers, especially the weapons and "kit" (equipment) as others have mentioned. I got mine from an ebay auction through Rezzed Collectibles, and Rezz is a great guy to deal with as others have said. I will eventually get some of the other sets, "Wiking", "East Prussia" etc., and for the price I paid (about $24 for a set of 4 as I recall) I think they are good values and you can sometimes get great deals on these sets.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

RA5BS
Corporal
Corporal

Post by RA5BS » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:21 am

I can attest to osketten's comments about "Rezz". I purchased each of the Dragon figure sets he had available about a month or so ago and received them almost instantly. They came wonderfully packed in a nice sturdy box. I have yet to remove any of them from their individual packaging becuse they all look so cool as is. I will say that I like some more than others. The Germans in particular- as with the FOV figs- seem more interesting. As others have pointed out, the weapons are amazing. I do wish Dragon would do more in the 1/18 line as they crank out quality stuff.
"There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today..."

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:23 am

I too bought from "Rezz" off of Evil bay and got Great service 8)
I think I have all the German sets, but may still need some of the good guys. Now one of the Germans is modeled after "Stiener" character from the movie Cross of irom played by James Coburn. With a few slight modifications, he looks just like the movie actor :P

Lance Quazar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Lance Quazar » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:34 pm

^Forgive my ignorance, but what line is that figure from and what is its name?

pcb122605
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by pcb122605 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:53 pm

Lance Quazar wrote:^Forgive my ignorance, but what line is that figure from and what is its name?
The head is from Dragon's Action18 line, the body is made of 21st Century parts from a couple different figures.