1/18 Cobra

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
MG40K
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

1/18 Cobra

Post by MG40K » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:37 am

Anyone know of a site that sells the 21c Cobra?

Everywhere I look, its either out of stock, or about $100-$150.
Same with the bbi Blackhawks.

pcb122605
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by pcb122605 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:49 am

I have one that I opened but never assembled. Too big for the area I have. It's sitting in the box, essentially unused.

iflabs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by iflabs » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:25 pm

Isn't it hilarious that no one ever buys these when they're availabe for plenty cheap and end up paying their butt off for just one?

TOOL
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TOOL » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:57 pm

....its unfortunate but if your new to the hobby or scale its hard not to have those items. I would be patient they will all eventually turn up again.

TOOL
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TOOL » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:59 pm

The Cobra in my opinion is one of the nicest choppers produced...great paint application and bigger than I expected.

Sabrefan
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Sabrefan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:39 pm

The Cobra is awesome. I remember at least 20 of them at Walmart once.
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:52 pm

The BBI copters are still fairly plentiful on ebay, since it was not all that long ago that these were selling at Target for around $30 ea. and sometimes less when people found them on clearance. It really should not be all that difficult to pick up a BBI Blackhawk for a fairly reasonable price on ebay if you are patient and persistent, but expect to pay about double what they were retailing for. The 21st Cobra is another matter, these have been pretty scarce for a while now, and getting more so all the time, I would be very surprised if you could find one of these NIB for less than $100 on ebay, and I've seen more than a couple that went for twice that much, or very close to it. Good luck.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:25 pm

iflabs wrote:Isn't it hilarious that no one ever buys these when they're availabe for plenty cheap and end up paying their butt off for just one?
I know, it's great! I had oodles of these for years and couldn't move them. I was baffled, it's such an awesome item. Then, about a year before they totally vanished from circulation they started moving and I sold through them pretty quickly. It wasn't like I was the only one who had any left, it was just that demand or interest had changed somehow. Remains one of the biggest sales mysteries to me.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:41 pm

coreystinson wrote:I know, it's great! I had oodles of these for years and couldn't move them. I was baffled, it's such an awesome item. Then, about a year before they totally vanished from circulation they started moving and I sold through them pretty quickly. It wasn't like I was the only one who had any left, it was just that demand or interest had changed somehow. Remains one of the biggest sales mysteries to me.
That's sort of the way they sold at my local Hobbytown USA store... Really wish I'd picked up the "Marine Land Cammo" version to go with my "Snake" AH-1 before they disappeared, but that was before I had convinced myself of the need to get repaints. Live and learn :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:39 am

Really wish I'd picked up the "Marine Land Cammo" version
I only ever had one of the Land Camo version and I was very lucky to get it, I found it at an out of the way WM high up on a shelf and covered with dust. I traded it to a member here for an XD Panther that I eventually sold on ebay for nearly $200, so it turned out to be a pretty good find. There has been some discussion about whether or not we will ever see the the Cobra re-released, and if so, what version it would be, personally I would go for the Land Camo, it seemed to be the much less common of the two versions.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:41 am

tmanthegreat wrote: That's sort of the way they sold at my local Hobbytown USA store... Really wish I'd picked up the "Marine Land Cammo" version to go with my "Snake" AH-1 before they disappeared, but that was before I had convinced myself of the need to get repaints. Live and learn :wink:
The land camo version was the only version available to smaller vendors. I kept looking at it during the final days when they started moving out the door with some speed. I decided to keep one before my inventory dried up. Glad I did, a very cool paint scheme. It is still resting comfortably in its box. (I had opened the Wal-mart grey version a year prior.)
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

iflabs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by iflabs » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:38 pm

21st needs to rerelease these fitted with Hellfires instead of TOWs, yeap, Hellfires. The best thing 21st did with the Cobra was with the stiffer rotor blade, not those limpy BBI type stuff.

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by USCGSARdog » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:07 pm

iflabs wrote:21st needs to rerelease these fitted with Hellfires instead of TOWs, yeap, Hellfires. The best thing 21st did with the Cobra was with the stiffer rotor blade, not those limpy BBI type stuff.
I agree 100%.

-Rob

"You have to go out, but you don't have to come back".